Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow white guys with limited offensive game usually adapt quite well to the fast paced, super athletic NBA.... Aldrich has bust written all over him. I see him being available at 13, nobody other than Indy wants to take a chance on the limited upside guys.

Comment

Aldrich should be a solid rotation player in the NBA. His mobility and quickness will limit his potential though. He will be a role player, a good one.
      nbaroundtable

Comment

I wouldn't be disappointed if the Raptors ended up with him. Yeah he's not super athletic but he's not a huge stiff either. He seems to have soft hands and good footwork. As long as he can offer some resistance and help at the rim (someone who won't forget to rotate over and help) and grab some boards that's all the Raptors really need in a center.

Not sure I want to watch that shot for the next few years but if it goes in that's all that matters.

phdsteve wrote: View Post
        but is not extremely athletic and wont be a good fit for a team that wants to run the floor (like BC and JT both talk about wanting to).
        You don't need all 5 players to be stallions to be able to run the ball.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I agree that Aldrich will more than likely be drafted by Utah, with Detroit taking Monroe. At 13 Raptors really have a choice between Orton, Sanders, Davis and Patterson.
          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

cornbreadd wrote: View Post
            Aldrich is a center, and he is white. How does Utah not take him at #9?
            Haha.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
              Please stop looking at stats and making statements like Kevin Love is better than Brook Lopez. First off they're completely different players with different roles on two very different teams. Finally, Aldrich and Love are two very different players.

Also, are you talking about Lamarcus Aldridge or Cole Aldrich? Wasn't entirely clear in your post, especially since Aldridge is a poor rebounder.
              If there is something about the numbers that you are having trouble understanding I would be glad to explain them to you so that you can grasp their meaning. It isn't really very difficult

There are two ways to judge a player

1. By eye
              2. By stats

If you don't understand the stats then I am sure that we can find you a good optometrist
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Some advance stats comparison on Aldrich with AP.

http://www.draftexpress.com/stats.php?year=2009%2F10&q=&per=pergame&qual=sec2010&sort=2&min=20&stage=all&league=NCAA&conference=&Compare=Submit+Comparison&pos=all&sort2=ASC&pid[35441]=35441&pid[10930]=10930
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                X