X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teddy Bruckshut
    replied
    I loved what I saw from him with the Kobeseque turnaround jumper! I need to see him handle the ball better still. At 45secs he looks like he still needs to work on hs dribbling and ball handling.

Leave a comment:

• Ripp
    replied
    Marz wrote: View Post
    Colangelo seemed to be very high on DeRozan in his exit interview.

You know what's funny though? Vince Carter wanted to be traded and didn't want to wait for Bosh to develop (recall he wanted the #4 pick traded away to begin with). Now Bosh wants to leave and doesn't want to wait for DeRozan to develop. Assuming DeRozan turns into the star shooting guard that Bosh thinks a teams needs to win, I find this very ironic.
    If he had a Reke, Curry, or even Jennings sort of rookie year, it would be an easier sell I guess. Plus, it sorta doesn't seem bright to bank your future on an unproved rookie who lost his starting job to Sonny Weems. At least, it would be pretty illogical.

Still, I hope that DeMar works very hard and comes back substantially better next year.

Leave a comment:

• ScottBaird
    replied
    Marz wrote: View Post
    I'm not too impressed by his turn around J 'cause it doesn't look like he gets enough elevation to it - might be easily blocked in the NBA.
    He's definitely stepping far enough back to make up for it.

Scott.

Leave a comment:

• Kennay
    replied
    Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Some actually numbers on percentage of jump shots blocked this season

D. Howard 13%
    Howard took jumpshots???

Leave a comment:

• Ambidextrious
    replied
    WOW dude's head was at the rim on that block. If he can bring that type of defence next year ill be very happy. It would be nice to see DD work on chasing down defenders and erasing shots.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    DeRozan will continue to get better.

I think his problem is that long time Raptors fans are expecting him to be a scorer like T. Mac or VC. That is tall order to fill. However, if Bosh leaves DeRozan scoring should benefit from that.

So if Bosh leaves and add that this would be DeRozan's second season under those circumstances I could seeing DeRozan averaging 15+ in 2010-11.

Of course his defense is his real weak spot and I doubt that he is working on that in the Drew League. I also don't think that he will get to work on it too much in Las Vegas next month, unless Carlesimo is there to work with DeRozan, Weems? and whoever the Raptors draft on their defense.

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    Impressive highlights, jumper looked pretty smooth even if it was against "token" defense.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    cornbreadd wrote: View Post
    Could be worse, it could be 65%, like Jermaine O'neal
    Some actually numbers on percentage of jump shots blocked this season

D. Howard 13%
    Johnson 10%
    Stoudemire 7%
    P. Gasol 6%
    O'Neal 6%
    Boozer 4%
    Bosh 4%
    KG 2%

Percentage of Inside Shots blocked

O'Neal 13%
    Boozer 13%
    Stoudemire 9%
    Bosh 9%
    P. Gasol 8%
    D. Howard 7%
    Johnson 6%
    KG 5%

Percentage of Total Shots blocked

Boozer 8.59%
    O'Neal 8.31%
    Stoudemire 7.98%
    D. Howard 7.78%
    P. Gasol 7.22%
    Johnson 6.84
    Bosh 6.30%
    KG 2.90%

So overall KG is by far and a way the one who gets the least amount of his shots blocked among these big men.

Johnson rated 3rd which isn't too bad, right behind Bosh who was 2nd

http://www.82games.com/
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Jun 8, 2010, 12:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cornbreadd
    replied
    Buddahfan wrote: View Post

Johnson 10% - LOL I think he needs a lot of work here. That is an understatement
    Could be worse, it could be 65%, like Jermaine O'neal

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    Here are some blocked shot percentages on jump shots last season

Bosh 4%
    DeRozan 3%
    Weems 3%
    Bargnani 2%
    Calderon 2%
    Jack 2%
    Turk 1%

Johnson 10% - LOL I think he needs a lot of work here. That is an understatement

http://www.82games.com/0910/0910TOR.HTM

Leave a comment:

• sleepz
    replied
    It looks oh so easy when you are killing dudes that don't play in the NBA.

Leave a comment:

• Marz
    replied
    hateslosing wrote: View Post
    I thought the elevation on his jumper wasn't bad. He faded a we bit on it too, which will really help him prevent blocks. I'm just happy that his shot is falling like that and I am getting excited for next year. Not to put too much pressure on him, but could this be the next raptors franchise player? BC did send him to represent us at the draft and with Bosh on the way out, it could be DeRozen time. Anyone know how he's been playing defensively?
    Colangelo seemed to be very high on DeRozan in his exit interview.

You know what's funny though? Vince Carter wanted to be traded and didn't want to wait for Bosh to develop (recall he wanted the #4 pick traded away to begin with). Now Bosh wants to leave and doesn't want to wait for DeRozan to develop. Assuming DeRozan turns into the star shooting guard that Bosh thinks a teams needs to win, I find this very ironic.

Leave a comment:

• hateslosing
    replied
    I thought the elevation on his jumper wasn't bad. He faded a we bit on it too, which will really help him prevent blocks. I'm just happy that his shot is falling like that and I am getting excited for next year. Not to put too much pressure on him, but could this be the next raptors franchise player? BC did send him to represent us at the draft and with Bosh on the way out, it could be DeRozen time. Anyone know how he's been playing defensively?

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    I bet this will easily get blocked too when he hits his head against the rim

http://twitpic.com/1uy0tc

In fact he could get a concussion from this. Maybe the NBA needs to set up a "No Fly" zone for players like DeRozan lest he hit his head on the rim and his shot get easily blocked.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    I think maybe the Raptors should trade him, after all we don't want anyone on the team whose turnaround jumper may easily get blocked

R U F**king kidding me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X