Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andrea Will Be the Starting All Star PF

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Andrea Will Be the Starting All Star PF

    This year's all star game will feature Andrea Bargnani as starting PF, with Dwight at Center. Watch and enjoy!

  • #2


    Care to explain that or should we forever refer to you as "Homer"?

    Comment


    • #3
      OK, fess up Paul .... how much is Andrea paying you to pump him up on these boards?

      Comment


      • #4
        LMFAO, man, you guys are laying heat on me...

        Think about it..lets assume (this is dangerous I know) that CB goes out West. Who do you see as the starting PF? Garnett? Horford?

        I think Bargs, as the #1 option this year, will put up big time #'s, and will get the nod.

        Who do you think will beat him out? Lee maybe?

        Comment


        • #5
          Multipaul wrote: View Post
          LMFAO, man, you guys are laying heat on me...

          Think about it..lets assume (this is dangerous I know) that CB goes out West. Who do you see as the starting PF? Garnett? Horford?

          I think Bargs, as the #1 option this year, will put up big time #'s, and will get the nod.

          Who do you think will beat him out? Lee maybe?
          The problem with your argument Pauly is that the starters for the ASG aren't selected by individual position, rather the players are grouped as guards, forwards and centers. So unless Andrea is going to be recognized as a top 2 forward in the conference, I'm highly doubting you'll see him starting. In fact, I'm highly doubting you'll see Andrea at the All-Star game at all, unless the NBA creates a team pasta eating event, in which Bargs and Gheradini would make a lethal combination.

          Comment


          • #6
            LOL, nice one. BUT, i know how it works with the groupings. Bargs could make it in as PF/Center. Maybe the starting nod would be a stretch, but if KG or any of the usual guys goes down with injury, his chances increase even more. Really, who do you think will be the starting PF, assuming Dwight has the center spot locked and Dirk/Amare stay out west?

            Comment


            • #7
              Multipaul wrote: View Post
              LMFAO, man, you guys are laying heat on me...

              Think about it..lets assume (this is dangerous I know) that CB goes out West. Who do you see as the starting PF? Garnett? Horford?

              I think Bargs, as the #1 option this year, will put up big time #'s, and will get the nod.

              Who do you think will beat him out? Lee maybe?
              Starters are decided based on fan votes. I don't see Bargnani beating out KG for fan votes. Bosh couldn't do it ever.

              Comment


              • #8
                Bargs almost made it to the all star game last year, i think he will have a chance for sure this year.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well at this point its hard to tell. I think once all of the player movement gets settled and we get a good feel for the power dynamic in the conference we'll be able to make a better prediction. Again, like I said before, there does not necessarily have to be a starting "PF", it could be two small forwards.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Multipaul wrote: View Post
                    Bargs almost made it to the all star game last year, i think he will have a chance for sure this year.
                    Centers: Dwight Howard (Orl) 625,279; Shaquille O'Neal (Cle) 206,657; Andrea Bargnani (Tor) 67,310; Al Horford (Atl) 52,747; Andrew Bogut (Mil) 45,920; Brook Lopez (NJ) 39,420; Jermaine O'Neal (Mia) 38,956; Rasheed Wallace (Bos) 36,855; Kendrick Perkins (Bos) 19,408; Brad Miller (Chi) 17,188; Tyson Chandler (Cha) 14,062; Samuel Dalembert, (Phi) 13,969.
                    Oh and if he plans on being a forward next season here is a taste of the sort of competition he will have:
                    Forwards: LeBron James (Clev) 649,327; Kevin Garnett (Bos) 533,187; Chris Bosh (Tor) 303,550; Paul Pierce (Bos) 131,379; Josh Smith (Atl) 109,404; Danny Granger (Ind) 100,122; Andre Iguodala (Phi) 75,146; Michael Beasley (Mia) 58,461; Hedo Turkoglu (Tor) 55,416; Rashard Lewis (Orl) 46,073; Luol Deng (Chi) 37,428.
                    That's seven forwards who received more votes than him.

                    Source: NBA.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ok, lets assume Shaq is out at Center, and they put in another C instead of an F, then he's got it in my opinion. Plus, he will get more media exposure this year and more touches.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Paul....Let it go man....Let it go....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Word up, but just wait and see come early next year we can resurrect this post.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Al Horford should get in ahead of Bargs.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              How did Granger get 100k votes?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X