This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Closing In On Second 1st Round Pick

the Raptors appear to be closing in on a trade for an additional first-round pick. Colangelo has called every team with multiple picks looking for something in the 20s, according to sources. He’s offering cash (the team can pay up to $3 million for a pick) to any team that doesn’t want to make a three-year commitment to a late first rounder. A few teams, including the Thunder and Nets, have said no. But teams with multiple first-round picks (like the Grizzlies) or teams trying to save cash or a luxury tax hit (see the Orlando Magic) are in Colangelo’s sights.
    Source: ESPN.com

If BC manages to get one around the 20th spot hopefully the Raptors will be able to grab James and in fact draft him.

Wherever he winds up, he will be on my all favorite rookie list in 2010-11.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I really like Soloman Alabi, particularly after PHD Steve's podcast. I think if we take a small like Bradley at 13 we should look at taking Alabi. If we take a big like Udoh or Whiteside or something, I think Damion James or Bledsoe are great choices. I am actually starting to like this draft class, I think there are a lot of guys who are going to surprise people. There are so many people in that range where they are just a step or two away from being in the top ten (Whiteside needs to put on weight, Bradley needs to switch to the point, Bledsoe is an unkonwn because of his limited play behind Wall, etc...) that a couple of the outliers are bound to develop into special players. I really hope we can get a couple of guys in the first round.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

If they buy a pick in the 20's I think they need to go for the best player available. I don't believe they would want to gamble too much on a purchased pick. This is why I think they should look at Bledsoe. The guy is going to contribute to a team for sure and you can't say that about to many guys for certain when you get to that portion of the draft.

Comment

I like Bledsoe, Seraphin and Alabi for a late first rounder.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            I like Bledsoe, Seraphin and Alabi for a late first rounder.
            Depending on how late this pick is, none of those guys could be on the list. Alabi will probably go to the Celtics, and won't fall past OKC. Blesdoe will be taken by one of Memphis' 20ish picks. Seraphin is early-mid 20s I believe. If we end up with something like Orlando's pick we're not going to have many options. BC should really try to go for something in the early 20s or else we'll just be looking at guys like Willie Warren.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
              Depending on how late this pick is, none of those guys could be on the list. Alabi will probably go to the Celtics, and won't fall past OKC. Blesdoe will be taken by one of Memphis' 20ish picks. Seraphin is early-mid 20s I believe. If we end up with something like Orlando's pick we're not going to have many options. BC should really try to go for something in the early 20s or else we'll just be looking at guys like Willie Warren.
              Anything can happen late in the 1st round... There's usually at least 2-3 guys that fall who were expected to go top 20 or even in the lottery. Guys we would consider at 13 like Luke Babbitt, Hassan Whiteside, Daniel Orton, could easily fall into the 20's. And there's nothing wrong with grabbing an early second rounder like Gani Lawal or Armon Johnson if we really like him.

Comment

It would be great to come out of the draft with 2 of:

BIG:
                Davis
                Orton
                Alabi

Wing/PG:
                Aminu
                George
                Bradley
                Bledsoe

But would it be a problem if we got Willie Warren late? High upside, athlete... etc.
                Last edited by Brain Colangelo; Mon Jun 14, 2010, 03:27 PM.

Comment

I think if Paul George is available (if we end up getting a pick in the 20s) we should take him
                  he has a tonne of upside and could be a replacement for Hedo if he get traded

They could also look at a player like Bledsoe if they decide to go big at #13

Comment

Brain Colangelo wrote: View Post
                    It would be great to come out of the draft with 2 of:

BIG:
                    Davis
                    Orton
                    Alabi

Wing/PG:
                    Aminu
                    George
                    Bradley
                    Bledsoe

But would it be a problem if we got Willie Warren late? High upside, athlete... etc.
                    Coming out with Ed Davis and Eric Bledsoe would be a coup.

Comment

INFO wrote: View Post
                      I think if Paul George is available (if we end up getting a pick in the 20s) we should take him
                      he has a tonne of upside and could be a replacement for Hedo if he get traded

They could also look at a player like Bledsoe if they decide to go big at #13
                      Are suggesting the Raptors pick George later, because it's a good possibility he'll be gone before they pick 13th. I like him better than most other suggestions at 13, if available.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

With the second pick I would absolutely LOVE to get Eric Bledsoe! He looks like a stud and has that NBA ready frame at 19! he is going to be a player

Comment

Working...
                        X