This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Express: Trade Going Down Today or Tuesday

Don't know if its Raptors related, so my apologies in advance for posting this in the "Everything Raptors' sub-forum. Just trying to be optimistic.

This was via the Draft Express Twitter account:

Something will go down tomorrow or Tuesday but I'm sworn to secrecy. Argh! RT @phillyfanatic84: Are you hearing any pre-draft Trade Chatter? about 19 hours ago via UberTwitter

Maybe Hedont is out of here? Nice thought at least.

Comment

Well, considering we're the most active of all NBA teams when it comes to trade talks right now (as per Chad Ford's article) the chances are pretty good that this trade tonight or tomorrow involves us.

*knocks on wood*

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
        Well, considering we're the most active of all NBA teams when it comes to trade talks right now (as per Chad Ford's article) the chances are pretty good that this trade tonight or tomorrow involves us.

*knocks on wood*
        if this guy isn't bluffing and just won't spill the beans then somebody else will unless it's a reaslly big trade and if it had to do with the raps wouldn't a raps media person be givin out hints?
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Colangelo rarely gives anything away. If it's a big trade or a smaller trade and he's playing two parties against each other I'm not sure why he would want anything to get out.

Comment

Why do I think we will see Dalembert in a Raps jersey next year....Leo better draft his apology letter.

Comment

The timing is certainly interesting... I was wondering if Johnson/DeRozan/Weems being called to Toronto could potentially mean that BC wanted to inform them about being traded, maybe a big deal along the lines of Brand and either Iggy or #2 pick??? All speculation of course, but you never know! Regardless, I can't wait for the announcement, assuming the rumor is legit and the Raps are involved!
              Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Jun 14, 2010, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                Why do I think we will see Dalembert in a Raps jersey next year....Leo better draft his apology letter.
                Leo owes him nothing. I was in the gym in Hamilton for both games of the tournament when the falling-out occured. You could see that there was a problem by the end of the first game and it just got worse from there, but it was pretty obviously Dalembert's problem. Maybe Sammy should be drafting up the letter.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  The timing is certainly interesting... I was wondering if Johnson/DeRozan/Weems being called to Toronto could potentially mean that BC wanted to inform them about being traded... all speculation of course, but you never know!
                  Stop, stop! You're getting me all to excited lol

It's funny, every summer, as raptors fan it's "next year, next year; let's look forward to next year."
                  And for the past couple of seasons "next year" has been an utter disappointment. This is BC's third consecutive offseason makeover. Fingers crossed raps fans. I know mine are.

Comment

i thought July 1st is the time for players to get traded....or July 1st is the time for free agents to sign to another team

Comment

I thought the fallout with Dalembert culminated in Europe, when Leo sent him packing? No?

Comment

KakashiPrince wrote: View Post
                        i thought July 1st is the time for players to get traded....or July 1st is the time for free agents to sign to another team
                        The latter. Trades usually start to rumble up around this time (a week or so before the draft), as most teams are eliminated and the GMs have a feel for what they want they're line ups to look like next year.
                        For us, the big impeding obstacle that constricts BC in pulling too many moves, imo, is the pending decision of CB4.

Comment

Nah July 1st is for the free agents. You can trade whatever your little heart desires. Unless ur the Celtics or Lakers!

If im not mistaken Rafael was traded during the playoffs.
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Phil has been perfecting his hot tub machine so the lakers can undo the virtuoso trade of Artest for Ariza.

I doubt BC is the first to make a move, there is so much volatility in the off season market place that unless its 360 windmill slam, there is little reason to jump the gun.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              The timing is certainly interesting... I was wondering if Johnson/DeRozan/Weems being called to Toronto could potentially mean that BC wanted to inform them about being traded, maybe a big deal along the lines of Brand and either Iggy or #2 pick??? All speculation of course, but you never know! Regardless, I can't wait for the announcement, assuming the rumor is legit and the Raps are involved!
                              They are in town because they threw a party at Rockwood last night

Comment

Working...
                              X