X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jarrett's Trade Demand? It's News to Jarrett

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

You want news? Well, news that Jarrett Jack wants to be traded from the Raptors is, well, news to Jarrett Jack.
    Just ran into him in the arena while waiting for the workout kids to get done and he told us he hasn’t asked to be traded from the Raptors, his agent hasn’t asked that he be traded from the Raptors and he has no idea where stuff like that comes from.

“I hadn’t even heard of it until (Monday),” is how Jack put it. “*Bryan Colangelo) actually brought it to my attention, I was wide-eyed a little bit."

Colangelo, as you recall, suggested at the end of last season that he didn’t know if the Jack-Jose Calderon tandem could survive another year.

Jarrett’s not about to air any grievances publicly but made it sound like he didn’t quite agree with the boss.

“I think we can. We went through last year and know some things we could have possibly done differently to kind of ease the situation between both of us.”

Which prompts the: “Such as” follow up.
    “There are various scenarios, obviously that’s up to the coaching staff and to the font office. I don’t come in there and say ‘play us like this and maybe it’ll massage our egos or make us feel better.’

“There were probably some situations where we could have maybe played a bit more together or switched up the rotation where I could come out and he would come in.”

Anyway, just wanted to get this up quickly, we’ll have some more later on. Now it’s time to go watch kids.

It's nice to hear that Jack hasn't asked to be traded and also that he thinks he and Jose can play together. I think morale is a lot higher than it appeared at the end of the season (especially with Turk wanting out) we know the young gunz love it here (well at least playing together, which means for the near future here) I am actually looking forward to next season, regardless of whether we can compete for a deep playoff run or even the playoffs in general. I'd rather see a bunch of guys playing hard, hustling, and losing then what we went through this year.

We obviously underachieved last year but i think it has more to do with coaching schemes than players. I know pretty much everyone is in agreement that we need to make a PG move (and i would love to get collison) but I'd be okay with Jack and Jose staying... although i don't think its likely. And as i have stated before I am on team jose if i had to pick one
    Last edited by ezz_bee; Tue Jun 15, 2010, 01:26 PM.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
      It's nice to hear that Jack hasn't asked to be traded and also that he thinks he and Jose can play together. We obviously underachieved last year but i think it has more to do with coaching schemes than players. I know pretty much everyone is in agreement that we need to make a PG move (and i would love to get collison) but I'd be okay with Jack and Jose staying.
      So long as Turkoglu leaves.

Comment

Jack has been too busy practicing his shooting to read Raptors Republic

Man has to get his priorities straight

1. Play Defense
        2. Pass
        3. Read Raptors Republic
        4. Shoot
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

i think everybody wants Jack to stay but we all know his contract and play is much more tradeable than Jose.

So i guess we will be saying bye to Jack soon, even if he didnt ask for it.

Comment

Hopefully he sticks around... he's not too far off from being a solid contributor, possibly even a starter... not to mention his good chemistry with the raps young players, which will be a big deal if bosh leaves

Comment

im all for jack staying hes a solid contributor and more of a leader then we saw from anybody else in a raptor uniform this year.....jose deff needs the boot in my eyes getting rid of calderon is like addition by subtraction so im all for it

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                i think everybody wants Jack to stay but we all know his contract and play is much more tradeable than Jose.

So i guess we will be saying bye to Jack soon, even if he didnt ask for it.
                i hope not, calderon can be traded if turk can be traded.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                X