Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You Be Upset If Bosh Stayed in Toronto?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multipaul,

Your argument is well thought out and researched. You make some very valid points. In fact, I'm starting to rethink my opinion of Bargnani. Nice job!
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

First thing, Multipaul may be one of my favorite posters. Always makes me laugh.

Tim

You are absolutely right that we say Bargs will get better at the four way to often. What I always mean is that Bargs will move to the high post, which may be a better position for him. It also may be terrible since he has never really played there before. That is the big thing with Bargs: it's great for me to say he will do great as out number one option, but I really have no idea. The thought is that his game and physical abilities are similar to Bosh's or Dirk's in terms of offence and so the high post would be great, but there is no evidence that this is true. As of late, I'm losing my confidence that Bargs will be able to be the future. I keep trying to come with arguments but all of my points are rooted in the fact that he's talented, not that he's actually done anything. I still havn't given up hope, but it's getting harder to be confident in his ability to actually accomplish anything. Not that I think he would be a whole lot worse than Bosh, but if we want a title, why take either?
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
        Tim

You are absolutely right that we say Bargs will get better at the four way to often. What I always mean is that Bargs will move to the high post, which may be a better position for him. It also may be terrible since he has never really played there before. That is the big thing with Bargs: it's great for me to say he will do great as out number one option, but I really have no idea. The thought is that his game and physical abilities are similar to Bosh's or Dirk's in terms of offence and so the high post would be great, but there is no evidence that this is true. As of late, I'm losing my confidence that Bargs will be able to be the future. I keep trying to come with arguments but all of my points are rooted in the fact that he's talented, not that he's actually done anything. I still havn't given up hope, but it's getting harder to be confident in his ability to actually accomplish anything. Not that I think he would be a whole lot worse than Bosh, but if we want a title, why take either?
        Moving to the PF spot does have anything to do with playing the high post. A center can play the high post just as well as a PF.

And lots of players are talented, but talent doesn't equate to success. You need certain skills, including a high basketball IQ, confidence, desire etc. in order to harness that talent. It's often the intangibles that separates a good player from a great player.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
        X