Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solomon Alabi (Update: Traded to Toronto - Pg. 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something has to give now. Bargnani, Davis, Alabi, Evans and maybe Johnson? Bosh is done obviously. This seals it unless there is a huge trade brewing.

Comment

Looks like the Bosh return might be some wing depth... no way there's more room for big men now.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Something has to give now. Bargnani, Davis, Alabi, Evans and maybe Johnson? Bosh is done obviously. This seals it unless there is a huge trade brewing.
        Alabi is not a rotation player at this point.

Davis is maybe a weak rotation player at this point.

I can see Bosh and Johnson returning and the Raptors keeping Davis and Alabi with Evans probably getting moved.

Even if Bosh doesn't return the Raptors will probably get a rotational big to replace him in a S&T unless Bosh just walks.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Here's the source people.

Excellent pick in my mind. By the way, he was the 50th overall pick. I want to see them deal for 43rd overall Ebanks as well.
          This is a great news. I like them to make a move for EBanks or Whiteside

Comment

Alabi most likely headed for the D-League.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Good to see BC going after some defensive players, take some pressure off of Bargs. I can't see Evans staying with the team after this draft, we have too many guys that can come in and do what he does with more control. You've got to think his contract will be involved with some deal soon.

Comment

I am extreemly happy for Alabi, he will continue to improve in coming years. I believe his relationship with Masai Urji will ease his transition into the NBA game. I see a Mutombo/Olojuwan type here. (Going way over board here, but there's a point) Wouldnt it be nice if Olajuwon took this kid under his wing for a couple years? He can greatly benefit from this type of exposure.
                All in all I am Very Pleased with this years draft.
                We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                  I am extreemly happy for Alabi, he will continue to improve in coming years. I believe his relationship with Masai Urji will ease his transition into the NBA game. I see a Mutombo/Olojuwan type here. (Going way over board here, but there's a point) Wouldnt it be nice if Olajuwon took this kid under his wing for a couple years? He can greatly benefit from this type of exposure.
                  All in all I am Very Pleased with this years draft.
                  I think Olojuwan now lives in Jordan and only comes to America for short periods to work in basketball camps during the off-season.

Comment

I don't know anything about this guy but Colangelo 2nd round picks in Toronto have never amounted to anything and judging by this pick its unlikely to do as well.

Its a late 2nd rounder which sounds to me more like a PR move rather then something substantial, I mean Nathan Jawai is probably a free agent today so maybe we should call him as well heh.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      I don't know anything about this guy but Colangelo 2nd round picks in Toronto have never amounted to anything and judging by this pick its unlikely to do as well.

Its a late 2nd rounder which sounds to me more like a PR move rather then something substantial, I mean Nathan Jawai is probably a free agent today so maybe we should call him as well heh.
                      Depends whether the T-Wolves extend a QO to him.

Comment

I think it's a decent move. Anyone at 7'1 is worth taking a look at. Put him into the D-league and let him bulk up...we'll see what he can do after a year.

Comment

KakashiPrince wrote: View Post
                          I guess CB4 is really going..... two bigmen we drafted...
                          Yes, because every 50th pick generally contributes almost immediately, right?
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

Colangelo 2nd round picks have never amounted to anything, but perhaps mentioning the sample size would be a good idea here. We've made exactly three 2nd round picks during BC's tenure: the first was P.J. Tucker, a clear 2nd rounder in a very weak draft; the second was Giorgos Printezis, the third last pick of the 2nd round, who we acquired for the purpose of stashing in Europe to work on his tan, err, I mean game; and the third was Nathan Jawai, who was only drafted last year as a project. The jury is still out on Printezis and Jawai, so I guess we're really judging this on the sample size of 1.

I personally don't think Alabi will amount to anything -- projects rarely do -- but there was at least talk about him going as high up as #20 to the Spurs or #21 to the Thunder. That's not something that can be said about Jawai, Tucker or Printezis. And had we traded for a late 1st round pick, we might have picked Alabi there anyway, so at least a lot of his risk has already been mitigated by where he ended up.

---

BTW guys, Alabi + Davis means nothing to Johnson and Bosh. Alabi won't be contributing for at least 2-3 years, and Davis could follow the same time frame (but contributing more, of course).

Comment

Alabi...

They were high on this guy before the draft. Apparently the revelation that he had Hep B is what drove his stock down. Pure reaction because with the proper medication, this wont effect his game at all. I think this could be a steal.

Comment

great, now guys let's all get angry that we sent away another second round pick. OMG,WTF... oh wait, nobody cares pfff...hahahahaha.

seriously, though there's our back up centre prospect. hopefully, better than pooh on bricks
                                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                                X