• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kennay
    replied
    it is what it is wrote: View Post
    Buddahfan

CP3 for Andrea------------How realistic is that.....

Wake up people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm almost 100% certain that was a joke, hence the Raptors in the finals comment after it.

Leave a comment:

• jckool
    replied
    It is what it is:

I'm pretty sure that was what you call sarcasm.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    The Lakers are really only going to be a real threat as long as Kobe is at the top of his game, which is probably only for a couple of more years, and as long as they have Kobe, they'll be contenders either way. It's not as if the Raptors are going to contend before Kobe starts to decline, anyway. As a Raptor fan, it makes no difference, but if you are also a fan of another team, you might not like it.

Leave a comment:

• it is what it is
    replied
    Buddahfan

CP3 for Andrea------------How realistic is that.....

Wake up people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I'm not a Bynum supporter and I agree with the above concerns of injuries but guys, if Bosh goes to Colangelo and says "If you want to get something for me then sign and trade me to the Lakers" and then the Lakers offer up Bynum and aren't willing to deal Gasol then what do you think he's going to do? Pull the trigger and hope for the best. Bynum's contract isn't out of this world. It's a risk but there's a greater risk in providing resistance to Bosh's desired location. Bynum is a million times better than nothing. He certainly would be the greatest talent they could hope to get.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    I haven't really been following Bynum a whole lot, but he seems like he's been injured quite a bit. However, if he's healthy I would take him in a second!He has freaky length, back to back rings and been coached by Jabbar/Jackson. Interchanging him with Bosh would instantly change dynamics of the Raps interior defence. Seeing how pumped he was after the game (especially for Gasol) shows me that he's a selfless player, who's ultimate goal is to win.

Bosh going to the lakers is scary! If they get Phil back coaching, his defence will transform much the same way Gasol's has. The Lakers would get even better. The last thing the league needs is for the lakers to somehow get better.

Leave a comment:

• da_goose09
    replied
    We all know BC likes to take risks (TJ - injury history, JO - injury history) or at least has taken risks in the past that players can be over their injuries. I guess it kind of worked with TJ, since he was somewhat productive while he was here, but JO was a complete bust.

The thing with Bynum is, if he comes here and doesn't work out (whether it be injuries, or some other reason) I still think BC would be able to sell his potential to another team for a decent return.

Just as we've seen BC take risks, we've also seen him try to quickly admit to, and correct mistakes he's made (JO, and now hopefully Turk soon).

Only 6 days until the draft! I gotta feeling there's going to be some movement soon!

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    noname27 wrote: View Post
    I hate Bynum
    agree with you he gets injuryed to much
    Not to mention he has the knees of an 85 year old. Talent player, but his knees will end his career way too early. I hope it doesn't happen here.

Leave a comment:

• noname27
    replied
    I sick of Lakers in the finals
    Bosh in a lakers uniform is going to continue that for a while

I hate Bynum
    agree with you he gets injuryed to much

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    If Bosh wants to play for the Lakers the most realistic option for the Raptors is Bynum. That said, based on all the rumors of the past, the Raptors may have at least some interest in Bynum.
    Then the Raptors could move Bargnani for CP3 and Turk for Gay

Start

Bynum
    Johnson
    Gay
    DeRozan
    CP3

Only 3 trades to get the Raptors to the Finals next season

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    If Bosh wants to play for the Lakers the most realistic option for the Raptors is Bynum. That said, based on all the rumors of the past, the Raptors may have at least some interest in Bynum.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    started a topic Lakers: A 3-Peat Is One Trade Away

Lakers: A 3-Peat Is One Trade Away

I have basically been against this trade from a Raptors perspective for two reasons.

1. I have felt that Bynum still played soft. However, he showed a lot in toughing it out during the playoffs, especially during the Celtics series. i think as a player he grew an awful lot mentally during the playoffs this season. There has never been a question about his physical skills. It has always come down to his mental toughness and

2. Being injury prone - At this point given that he now has answered #1 for me I would support this trade given that Bynum's contract is only guaranteed through 2011-2012.

NBA / Jun 18, 2010 / 1:00 pm
    Lakers: A 3-Peat Is One Trade Away

By Rey Jefferson

Another amazing NBA season has come to an end. But no time for reminiscing, everybody wants to know what the Lakers need to do to ensure themselves a fourth straight NBA Finals appearance and a third straight NBA Championship. From possible major shakeups to the NBA Draft and free agency, here’s looking forward to the 2010-11 Los Angeles Lakers.

Possible Major Shakeups
    I seriously believe that Chris Bosh’s future is in the Lakers’ hands. There’s a lot of speculation as where the 6-10 NBA All-Star will end up. And according to multiple sources, Bosh could have been playing in a Laker uniform last night. The trade was virtually an Andrew Bynum for Bosh swap, with maybe a couple of players or picks thrown in to compensate for Bosh’s salary, and could still conceivably go down.

Add that to the fact that Bosh wants to play for the Lakers – as it was reported that he compiled a wish list of five teams that included the Lakers, Heat, Knicks, Bulls and Raptors – and we could see a new starting five come October.
    cont on link

http://dimemag.com/2010/06/lakers-a-...ne-trade-away/
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Fri Jun 18, 2010, 01:30 PM.
Working...
X