X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh Promotional Posters Replaced at the ACC

Another sign that Bosh is gonzo?

Via the RealGM:

I have a friend (sort-of) who works at ACC Security who said alot of the promotional material/posters have been swapped for Demar material.

I guess they are just preparing in case?

Interesting none the less
    Source - Click here

So this means Bosh is for sure gone and DeMar is for sure staying? lol, I wouldn't read too much into this personally. Though I would be shocked to see DeMar leave - Colangelo is very high on him.

Comment

It's not like the city has never done this before I am pretty sure we did this with Bosh, when Vince left. But more importantly look at what we did with Schenn the minute he put on the uniform, its Toronto we blow up players bigger than they are.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
        So this means Bosh is for sure gone and DeMar is for sure staying? lol, I wouldn't read too much into this personally. Though I would be shocked to see DeMar leave - Colangelo is very high on him.
        DeRozan is under a rookie contract. He just can't up and leave.

If you are thinking trade. Forget it. There is as much chance of DeRozan getting traded this summer is there is of Triano adding Smitch to his coaching staff this summer. Zero
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I agree that it is very unlikely that DeMar is going anywhere anytime soon (not "Zero" chance; cause obviously if it means making the team better, I think BC would pull the trigger), however, I think the Raps will be promoting him to the fanbase a little more this year. If in rebuild mode, I think he's the best person the focus on. If he can develop into the potential that everyone sees in him, we may finally have our star wing.

Hopefully that potential has some merit, and actually develops into something.

Comment

i see a pattern
            our best leaves
            new "best" is chosen
            best leaves

Comment

noname27 wrote: View Post
              i see a pattern
              our best leaves
              new "best" is chosen
              best leaves
              If DeMar is being considered our "new best" then we're in trouble.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                I beg to differ, first year he played well and was a starter, rather than slacking off living the good life he wants to train, get better, bond with team mates show the city he's proud to be here. I won't say he is not shy of the media/fans because in my eyes hes taken a page from Bosh the only difference is that Demar wants to be better more than I think Bosh does.

I have never stood behind Bosh as our guy, if he leaves and does it for winning good for him but I will respect him if he goes a team and accepts his true roll as a 2 to 3 guy. If he goes to a team like New York alone in a rebuild mode he's even more dumb than I thought.

I have never purchased anything Chris Bosh related in my Toronto Jersey collection but I would get a CB4 Laker Jersey!

Comment

It's not that he's our best right now.. but he may be our most marketable - outside of Bosh - right now.

But I do agree.. any team with DeRozan as its best player (based on the player DeRozan is now - not who he might become) would definitely see a lot of L's in the near future.

Comment

DeMar, not Bargnani. Interesting...

Comment

Another sign that Bosh is gonzo?

Via the RealGM:

I have a friend (sort-of) who works at ACC Security who said alot of the promotional material/posters have been swapped for Demar material.

I guess they are just preparing in case?

Interesting none the less
                      Thanks for the info doc

If we look at this subjectively then it seems like MLSE is just updating their promotional material with a very marketable player in Derozan. It's just a poster, doesn't have anything to do with him being our "best" or with bosh leaving. Just a safe marketing move that doesn't depend on bosh staying or going.

But it's hard not to think that MLSE has already made their decision and is looking to move on from the Bosh Era.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        No kidding, maybe a bit of a reality check for Bargs that he isn't automatically the guy. I like it though. Making Demar, Weems, Amir, Jack and even Dorsey the focal point of the Raptors offseason feels really fresh. These guys obviously know what it takes to appeal to Raps fans. Hopefully Bargs takes notice and it propels his dedication and character as well.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          That was my thought. I've always read that BC didn't see Bargs as this teams next franchise and disregarded it, but maybe this is a sign that Bargs is not going to be the centerpiece next year.
                          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Agree, I think both sides already know whats gonna happen . Why take down all the CB4 stuff and then possible resign him as the #1 guy and have all Demar stuff all over the ACC, I dont think Cleveland is scrapping all the LBJ stuff?? If they're planning on him staying thats a weird way of showing it? Pretty sure he's a goner.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                              That was my thought. I've always read that BC didn't see Bargs as this teams next franchise and disregarded it, but maybe this is a sign that Bargs is not going to be the centerpiece next year.
                              If he's is the guy then this team should start scouting the 2011 lotto possibilities because as much as I like him, a main guy he is not.

Comment

Working...
                              X