Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN Reporting The Cavs Have Contacted the Raptors

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Quixotic
    replied
    Tim W. wrote: View Post
    And those that are bitching that he's a prima dona because he wants to go to a cosmopolitan you're working far too hard to find things to criticize him for. If I had the choice between Miami, New York, Los Angeles or Cleveand, there's no friggin way I would pick Cleveland.
    Damn right. Outside of Toronto, if I had to pick a place for a young professional (that's basically what these basketball players are), it'd be New York. Not even Miami, LA or Chicago, and definitely not Cleveland (no offense).

    Leave a comment:


  • Quixotic
    replied
    Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    I don't see what the Cavs can offer us, but if they convince Bosh to sign, then we'll be forced to deal or tell Bosh to sign there for less money.
    I think you're overstating it a bit when you say "forced to". If Bosh picks Chicago, Miami or NY, yes, we will be forced to make that choice. Cleveland and LA are teams where the Raptors actually have some leverage. There is absolutely no way Bosh will agree to sign for the MLE right before the CBA change. If anything, Cleveland will be forced to make us a decent offer. How unhappy with the Cavs would Bosh be if they told him: "Hey, we skimped on the offer, so you're going to have to make the sacrifice here and accept 10+ mil less each year. Look on the bright side though, with your monetary sacrifice, we'll be able to keep Hickson to back you up, as well as some late-1st round prospects the next few years." He'd just say, no problem, I'm going to Miami then. Miami > Cleveland.

    Leave a comment:


  • Arsenalist
    replied
    I don't see what the Cavs can offer us, but if they convince Bosh to sign, then we'll be forced to deal or tell Bosh to sign there for less money.

    I don't think he's going to Cleveland, though. I mean, if he wanted to win a championship and guarantee himself a spot next to LBJ, then he'd do it but I think personal marketing in a big city is one of Bosh's top priorities in free-agency. He's not signing in a small city even if he had MJ in his prime playing with him.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tim W.
    replied
    DuCa00795 wrote: View Post
    Bosh will go anywhere to win a title. He knows he can't win a championship being the number one man, so he has to go somewhere where he knows he will win. Cleveland is perfect for him.
    Bosh doesn't have to go to Cleveland to win a title. Bosh can go to the Lakers and win a title. He can go to Miami and win a title. Hell, there's a chance he could go to Chicago and win a title. And if LeBron signs with New York, he could go to New York and win a title. All destinations are preferable to Cleveland, quite frankly.

    And those that are bitching that he's a prima dona because he wants to go to a cosmopolitan you're working far too hard to find things to criticize him for. If I had the choice between Miami, New York, Los Angeles or Cleveand, there's no friggin way I would pick Cleveland.

    Leave a comment:


  • DuCa00795
    replied
    Expect the unexpected, every off season we get hit with crazy trades and signing aka Turk coming to Toronto. I want to see him walk and still not not make the playoffs, then he'll begin to wonder why he ever left.

    Leave a comment:


  • Raptor4Ever
    replied
    Buddahfan wrote: View Post

    What is maybe a few million for a guy that helps your team win?
    Well, I think he deserve less than half of what he is getting now. His services can be obtained at much lower prices for Raptors.

    Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    If Lebron wanted him back maybe you should rethink your opinion.

    Just saying
    And Look how that turned up and how many rings Lebron won with V playing along side him Just because Lebron made a mistake, it does not mean Raptors should to.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hotshot
    replied
    DuCa00795 wrote: View Post
    and you and Bosh are best friends? .
    No but I have followed what he says in the media and how he acts as well as Cleveland wasn't one of the list of teams that Bosh requested from Colangelo to put in for consideration of a sign and trade.


    DuCa00795 wrote: View Post
    If Bosh didn't want to be second banana he would stay in Toronto and stop being a girl, .
    I agree with you there, I am just repeating what he said in the media. Most likely Bosh will be someone's else Gasol if he wants to win somewhere because being the number 1 guy in Toronto didn't translate to much of success and probably won't translate to success anywhere else.


    DuCa00795 wrote: View Post
    If
    instead he is going to team up with an all star because he knows thats the only way he will win.
    Yes but Bosh wants to have his cake and eat it too meaning that besides winning he also cares about where he is going and his favourite spot to visit in the offseason is Miami so being with Wade will work out for him. He is also interested in New York City but that would probably be only work out if Lebron signs there too. In Chicago for example he won't be overshadowed by Rose or Noah and its still a big city type of an environment.

    So as you can see its not only winning that Bosh cares about but also where he plays. If he really wants just success he could easily sign with the Thunder but he doesn't want to go there.

    Leave a comment:


  • DuCa00795
    replied
    and you and Bosh are best friends? If Bosh didn't want to be second banana he would stay in Toronto and stop being a girl, instead he is going to team up with an all star because he knows thats the only way he will win.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hotshot
    replied
    DuCa00795 wrote: View Post
    Bosh will go anywhere to win a title. He knows he can't win a championship being the number one man, so he has to go somewhere where he knows he will win. Cleveland is perfect for him.
    You don't know Bosh.

    Bosh is a primadonna that likes the comfort of big cosmoplitan city and he said that he doesn't want to be a second banana to nobody.

    Therefore it makes more sense for Bosh to go to Chicago and he may not want to play in a smaller city such as Cleveland after playing in Toronto.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bendit
    replied
    Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Of course, all this is dependent on Bosh WANTING to go to Cleveland, which I think is pretty remote. If I was Bosh, I'd rather sign with Utah or Oklahoma City than Cleveland.
    I sense Boshman is under Lebron's spell. If LJ asks him to play footsie in Cleveland he would...Erie winds and sleet.

    Leave a comment:


  • DuCa00795
    replied
    Bosh will go anywhere to win a title. He knows he can't win a championship being the number one man, so he has to go somewhere where he knows he will win. Cleveland is perfect for him.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tim W.
    replied
    Of course, all this is dependent on Bosh WANTING to go to Cleveland, which I think is pretty remote. If I was Bosh, I'd rather sign with Utah or Oklahoma City than Cleveland.

    Leave a comment:


  • Quixotic
    replied
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Wouldn't it make more sense for Cleveland to contact Bosh's agent (after July 1st), since Bosh has final say in where he goes next season?
    No? You answered your own question. The Cavs cannot acquire Bosh without the Raptors help, regardless of Bosh's demand to play in Cleveland. So why would they contact Bosh first (not to mention they'd have to wait a lot longer to start talks), when the key to the deal is BC?

    Leave a comment:


  • Buddahfan
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    If the Cavs are serious about CB then they are in fact the only team who can be "raped" in a CB deal. The mistake by the lake needs to retain LBJ in the worst way and would be willing to do anything I believe. No LJ and the value of that franchise probably plummets 30-40% with future revenues reduced to a trickle.

    Hickson, Varejao & 2 firsts (with expiring filler) shouldnt be too exhorbitant.
    +1

    Leave a comment:


  • Buddahfan
    replied
    Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    Varejao is sooooo over paid for the type of play that he does. The guy has no jump shot, not drive to the basket and ... All he is a decent rebounder and energy which should not get paid more than 5 mill a year.

    What is maybe a few million for a guy that helps your team win?

    If Lebron wanted him back maybe you should rethink your opinion.

    Just saying

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X