No announcement yet.

Possible Draft Day Trade With Blazers Involving 13th Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would do it for fernandez, especially because then that gives you other guys to dangle. like marco, demar. with one trade opens up other options plus rudy is a really good player.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Wait, you want to trade DD and have Rudy start at SG? lol

Anyway, Doug Smith kind of debunked this on his blog today. Saying Portland is offering Rudy and #22 to pretty much any team with a lower pick. Why it was linked only to Toronto (and Houston too he said), who knows, but it did make it a better story.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post

Anyway, Doug Smith kind of debunked this on his blog today. Saying Portland is offering Rudy and #22 to pretty much any team with a lower pick. Why it was linked only to Toronto (and Houston too he said), who knows, but it did make it a better story.
        lol Demar is going to be a better player then Rudy, people always assume the grass is greener on the other side until it becomes yours. Many people were drooling at the prospect of Marco coming here last summer and he was a major dissapointment.

The story was linked to Toronto because everyone know as soon as you mention a european player, Toronto will be interested.

Comment

maybe no
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Oh, start Sonny then. My mistake.

Comment

Oh, start Sonny then. My mistake.
              no, and btw, who the hell cares we'll prolly be in rebuild mode by the start of next season.

i was thinking who we could get in return for dangling some players. but, my previous statement makes that irrelvevant.

and btw, demar will be better than rudy but is he right now?

Comment

Unless someone drops, what I'd love to see is the Raptors trading their 13th pick for Fernandez and the 22nd pick then try and grab someone like Indiana's pick at 10 where players like Paul George and Ed Davis might be available.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Raptors Looking at Rudy Fernandez

"A Trail Blazers source has confirmed that talks are underway to send Rudy Fernandez and the No. 22 pick to Toronto for the Raptors' first round pick, No. 13 overall."

Source: http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindbla...al_that_w.html

Personally, I don't think this is the right move right now.
                  A swingman like Rudy doesn't really fit our needs, unless Hedo is for sure gone and Marco is stapled to the bench for another year.

Edit: Just saw a similar post was put up. But apparently talks are closer now, although still not sure fire.
                  Last edited by The Mascot; Thu Jun 24, 2010, 02:15 PM.

Comment

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2407

too slow. actually extremely slow this was posted yesterday.

Comment

BomKeyzi wrote: View Post
                      European players, as in "learned the game and/or trained in europe". No distiction of race should be brought up.

[...] Our lone All star may be leaving, and Colangelo looks to bolster the roster with RUDY FERNANDEZ? All Raptors fans can vouche for the results... Losses.

[...] This is not a race thing... It's a TALENT/ABILITY thing.
                      If you didn't notice, the post you are responding to was directed at another poster who did bring up skin color. He said black ones didn't count, hence my quip about the NBA gods sporting Dr. J afros.

It's not like the team is adding more and more European players. This so-called conversion into a European team is an obsession purely made up by fans. Should we not have signed Calderon so cheaply as a FA from Europe when we had the chance? Should we not have picked Bargnani over Aldridge because we felt (rightly or wrongly) he was the better choice? Should we not have signed Turkoglu, who was the best FA we could get that off-season? (Well yes, actually, we shouldn't have, but for reasons other than his training how many years ago?) All Raptors fans can see is the foreign name when we acquire a player, but in all honesty, when you're picking through other people's trash (e.g. Belinelli), it's not exactly the prize of the lot, is it? Maybe the truth is that American-born NBA players simply do not want to deal with playing in Canada. Perhaps the organization should be lauded, rather than ridiculed, for searching for talent wherever talent may be found.

As you say in the end, it's not a race thing, it's a talent thing, and disappointments can be found everywhere, whether its Bargnani, Turkoglu, Belinelli and Nesterovic (the second coming), or Araujao (he was trained at BYU), Joey Graham, Fred Jones and Patrick O'Bryant. As a talent thing, Rudy is definitely talented and could be our most talented wing (not saying much, I know), and if we can acquire him (not for our #13) while getting rid of Belinelli and Turkoglu, I'd be all for it.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        lol Demar is going to be a better player then Rudy, people always assume the grass is greener on the other side until it becomes yours. Many people were drooling at the prospect of Marco coming here last summer and he was a major dissapointment.

The story was linked to Toronto because everyone know as soon as you mention a european player, Toronto will be interested.
                        I'm hoping he will be, because if he's not, there's going to be at least 20,000 more disappointed, bitter people in the world. Comparing Rudy to Marco is bonkers though, since the only real similarity there is their Euro heritage. Marco, to me, is pretty much an out-of-control jump shooter with playmaking abilities. Rudy, to me, is a smooth scorer, very fun to watch, and has 1 on 1 abilities.

I don't know who supported Marco coming here last year, but I do remember there was a fair amount of support. Have to remember though that the support was for him being traded for Devean George. Frankly, if you traded Devean George for a POS like POB before he became a Raptor, most people would still be in heavy support of it. And, lest we forget, Belinelli is expiring this season so if we get Rudy it'd be for the long term. No need to worry about the glut at wing.

I do hope we acquire Rudy in a different way though, since he already wants out of Portland. 9 spots down might be a realistic trade but I don't think it would have used much of the leverage available.

Comment

From a Chad Ford chat earlier this afternoon:
                          http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/33085

Mark (PDX) Any idea what's up with the Blazers? Are they making a big trade? Will KP still be the GM in 24 hours? Will Fernandez still be a Blazer in 6 hours?

Chad Ford
                          (1:03 PM)
                          KP is trying. Love him. The guy is not going down without a fight. He's trying to move up, get a veteran, you name it. Looks like the Fernandez to the Raptors deal has cooled. As for Pritchard's future, let's just say his bags are packed.

Comment

well, then with one deall colled comes another one.

t minus 3hrs 30 min.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                              I'm hoping he will be, because if he's not, there's going to be at least 20,000 more disappointed, bitter people in the world. Comparing Rudy to Marco is bonkers though, since the only real similarity there is their Euro heritage. Marco, to me, is pretty much an out-of-control jump shooter with playmaking abilities. Rudy, to me, is a smooth scorer, very fun to watch, and has 1 on 1 abilities.

I don't know who supported Marco coming here last year, but I do remember there was a fair amount of support. Have to remember though that the support was for him being traded for Devean George. Frankly, if you traded Devean George for a POS like POB before he became a Raptor, most people would still be in heavy support of it. And, lest we forget, Belinelli is expiring this season so if we get Rudy it'd be for the long term. No need to worry about the glut at wing.

I do hope we acquire Rudy in a different way though, since he already wants out of Portland. 9 spots down might be a realistic trade but I don't think it would have used much of the leverage available.
                              I think there are more similarities between Fernandez and Belinelli than just the European heritage, but they are different players. And I think Belinelli is more than just an out of control shooter with playmaking abilities. He's a good defender and actually got to the line at a very decent rate this year, something he didn't do as much in the past. Fernandez has a much more mature game, and is much better at creating off the dribble than Belinelli.

I do think the number of people that are whining about the Raptors possibly getting another European player is embarrassing. It's funny, though, back when the team had mostly black American players and the team was doing even worse, no one seemed to complain that there were too many black American players.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Portland-Toronto Rudy Fernandez trade is "dead." Not happening. Portland is continuing to be very active, as is Oklahoma City.
                                From Draft Express twitter.
                                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                                X