This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBF wrote: View Post
    because he is quick, can create his own shot, get's lots of steals, can put up points. he scored like 40 points and fouled out(which is considered a bad game?)
    He's unreal!

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
      The sixth pick is very very good in this draft and you don't really hit the part of the draft where everyone is about the same till the 8th pick. To me it goes
      Wall
      Turner
      Johnson
      Favours
      Cousins
      Monroe
      Aminu
      The rest
      Some sites have Cousins there, Aminu will almost certainly be there and with all this talk about the Nets messing up Minni's draft for them, we could even have one of the top four guys drop to six. I would be very happy trading Jack pretty much anyone on the roster other than DeRozen and maybe Bargs for Monta and the 6th.
      i'll give you wall & turner as 'sure-things.' cousins has - arguably - the most talent of anyone in draft, and could be a perennial 20/10 guy...but his head might not be screwed on right, and could flame out in spectular fashion. i'm leery of johnson's upside...he'll be a solid pro, a regular rotation guy, but i don't see all-star. favors could have the best career out of all of 'em. monroe seems like a good candidate for a bust, though he has the skills...just doesn't seem to have the fire. aminu - i really don't know what to make of him, i saw too many games over the last couple seasons where he just sort of drifted. i don't recall him ever 'taking over.' he put up excellent stats, but i'm not sure how well he'll translate to the pros.

i still see it as a 4-man draft, and after that, it gets a little crap-shooty. and then just crap.
      TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

[QUOTE=Nick;21902]
        yertu damkule wrote: View Post
        never heard ellis associated with 'good D.'

Ya well according to Rap fans Turk is a terrible defender too, but for some reason he was Orlando's lock down guard in their 08/09 run.
        so, not being a 'terrible' defender = being a good one?

for the record, i don't think turk is terrible, i just don't think he gives a shit. he was motivated in the playoffs with orlando, and we all saw what he CAN do if he wants. he just didn't want to last year, and nothing he's done/said this offseason would suggest that will change as long as he's with the raps.
        TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

[QUOTE=yertu damkule;21928]
          Nick wrote: View Post

so, not being a 'terrible' defender = being a good one?

for the record, i don't think turk is terrible, i just don't think he gives a shit. he was motivated in the playoffs with orlando, and we all saw what he CAN do if he wants. he just didn't want to last year, and nothing he's done/said this offseason would suggest that will change as long as he's with the raps.
          Agreed

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
            because he is quick, can create his own shot, get's lots of steals, can put up points. he scored like 40 points and fouled out(which is considered a bad game?)
            Yes he's quick and can create his own shots. Unfortunately he takes A LOT of them and doesn't score very efficiently. Give anyone 22 shots a game (more than any other player in the league) and he's going to score.

As for steals, that means nothing other than he gambles a lot. Micheal Williams nearly lead the league in steals one year and he was a truly awful defender. Steals are great, as long as when you don't get them your man doesn't have an advantage, and that's usually the case with Ellis.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Monta Ellis would be a very nice scoring point guard alongside Hedo Turkoglu.

Otherwise, I have no interest in him. Turkoglu has to be here and the offense has to be turned over to Hedo like the Magic did with Hedo + Nelson.
              nbaroundtable

Comment

Working...
              X