Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Bosh Just Trash Triano on ESPN Radio?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim W.
    replied
    Buddahfan, with all due respect, you are the king of jumping to conclusions. This reminds me of conversations I sometimes have with my wife, where she calls me and reads me an email a co-worker or boss sent her, inferring all sorts of things about it. 9 times out of 10, she is simply reading things into the email that were not intended.

ALL players want to play for a proven coach. You think he's going to say he'd like to play for a nice, new coach?

It's one thing that bothers me about todays internet-centric society. Someone says something and people dissect the quote far more than the speaker meant. People say stuff. Sometimes they mean it, other times they don't.

To read more into Bosh's statement than he, and all other players, prefer to play for a coach who knows what he is doing is an exercise in futility.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    When he says "good coach" he doesn't mean Triano.

It has been documented that Bosh attended many of the playoff games of the L.A Lakers and you better believe he got a hard on for a good coach when he watched Phil Jackson rally the troops and securing a win, rather then throwing your clipboard around and lose in the fourth quarter.

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    Marz wrote: View Post
    You certainly could infer that he is trashing Triano, but I think that's reading too much between the lines. I think he's more referring to the fact that he'd want to go to a franchise where they aren't starting with an unproven head coach (see Chicago with Thibodeau).
    agreed, plus all these experienced coaches are getting up there. i mean you need to bring in a new breed i think triano will prove himself in time.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Bosh has always be very diplomatic as a Raptor. If he's not longer going to be a Raptor then diplomacy might be placed on the back burner. A prime example of this, using a different person, is Chuck Swirsky. If the player was on the Raptors roster, he kissed ass. As soon as that player was out the door, he was critical. When you work in an organization you need to choose your words wisely unless you enjoy rocking the boat and are ok with the consequences.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Wasn't Bosh cool with the Triano hire?

"He's extremely happy and positive about both big moves," revealed Triano. "Even with our draft pick I think Chris has been very impressed and with the other things this organization has done."

This is a Triano quote (speaking about Bosh) before last season re: the Turk and Barg signings. I infer that Bosh was also fine with the coach hire.

But times and opinions can change!

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...=yes&print=yes

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    If I'm Bosh, Jay Triano is not a selling point. He's a nice guy, an intelligent basketball mindband he may one day be a great coach in the NBA but right now he's attending the Toronto Raptors' Coaching Apprenticeship Program. They can't even get the darn thing accredited and it's killing past graduates such as Kevin O'Neil and Sam Mitchell.

Leave a comment:

• philwill
    replied
    Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    That is the same link that I posted. It seem like you don't read the links.

Bosh was very clear. He prefers to play for a proven coach. Jackson was just an example. Triano is not a proven NBA head coach straight up.

Does that mean Bosh doesn't want to sign with the Raptors. Of course not. However, it means that BC's support for Triano is one reason that Bosh is looking elsewhere and may go elsewhere.

Bottom line is that Bosh indirectly trashed Triano in what Bosh said.
    That would be a bit of a misquotation.

Leave a comment:

• TheGloveinRapsUniform
    replied
    Mess wrote: View Post
    Does that mean he's looking for a coach to lead the team so he doesn't have to?
    hahaha exactly what i was going to say.

Leave a comment:

• insight_tor
    replied
    Triano is a bad NBA head coach, regardless of what Bosh says

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    EverythingBlaxx wrote: View Post
    That's a nice way to take his quote out of context but they were asking him his thoughts on Phil Jackson possibly retiring and that's what brought up his diatribe on coaching. It has nothing to do with Triano or his free agency. Peep this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5322161
    That is the same link that I posted. It seem like you don't read the links.

Bosh was very clear. He prefers to play for a proven coach. Jackson was just an example. Triano is not a proven NBA head coach straight up.

Does that mean Bosh doesn't want to sign with the Raptors. Of course not. However, it means that BC's support for Triano is one reason that Bosh is looking elsewhere and may go elsewhere.

Bottom line is that Bosh indirectly trashed Triano in what Bosh said.

Leave a comment:

• EverythingBlaxx
    replied
    That's a nice way to take his quote out of context but they were asking him his thoughts on Phil Jackson possibly retiring and that's what brought up his diatribe on coaching. It has nothing to do with Triano or his free agency. Peep this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5322161

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    Does that mean he's looking for a coach to lead the team so he doesn't have to?

Leave a comment:

• big red
    replied
    I'll give him the benefit of the doubt: he didn't say "proven coach," he said "good coach." That, combined with the fact that he's still theoretically considering Toronto as an option, suggests that he includes Triano as a good coach. Or at elast doesn't count him as a bad one.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    Marz wrote: View Post
    You certainly could infer that he is trashing Triano, but I think that's reading too much between the lines. I think he's more referring to the fact that he'd want to go to a franchise where they aren't starting with an unproven head coach (see Chicago with Thibodeau).
    So is Triano a proven NBA coach after only season plus as a head coach in the NBA?

I doubt it.

Leave a comment:

• Marz
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X