Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to Toronto Ed Davis

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Welcome to Toronto Ed Davis



    Unless there is a trade coming, he is our man!

  • #2
    For those that use Twitter, follow him @eddavis32

    Comment


    • #3
      Great pick... we need to get one extra pick to grab bradely or bledsoe

      Comment


      • #4
        This was a ridiculous pick I'm actually so ecstatic. Amazing rebounder, good shotblocker, low post player, so perfect to pair with Bargnani.
        I don't know how he managed to slip so far, but I am looking forward to seeing him in action.

        Comment


        • #5
          This is interesting:

          @stackmack Interesting fact: Ed Davis does not have a passport yet.

          Comment


          • #6
            I remember he was scheduled top 5 early on the mocks, I'm hoping he's a steal!
            The Double Champ is here!
            Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
            Raptors: Larry O'Brien

            Comment


            • #7
              Yikes, this doesn't sound good:

              @mcten

              Terry Davis looks like he is fuming mad right now. Don't know if that's his default face or what, but he doesn't seem happy about Ed in TOR

              Comment


              • #8
                Its kinda unsual to pick a guy that never worked out for you.

                He seems like he could be like a Kendrick Perkins type of a player.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yes im so glad they picked Davis instead of a pg we needed a big man and thats what we got.
                  "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

                  Herm Edwards

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Just what we didnt need. Another finesse big.

                    I thought we were done with the Bosh era, now we get Bosh Jr.

                    Im really bummed right now.

                    Maybe I'll come around.

                    Hopefully we can get Orlando's 1st rounder for Ebanks here.

                    Or a 2nd rounder and get Stanley Robinson.

                    If what I am hearing about Chic giving up #17 and Hinrich for a 2nd rounder and cash, then BC needs to explain why he could top that with two 2nd rounders.

                    I am so confused with that trade.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                      Terry Davis looks like he is fuming mad right now. Don't know if that's his default face or what, but he doesn't seem happy about Ed in TOR
                      Hope its nothing, but its not usually a good thing when you have the overbearing father around.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think Terry and Ed both have to get passports or at least Ed does. That is probably why his father is upset having to try and get an expedited passport for his son.
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

                        Memories some so sweet, indeed

                        Larger Photo of the avatar



                        “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          David Aldrich thinks Ed needs few years to develop and he is no where close to be ready to contribute this year which should be ok since we are not competing anyway for next 3-4 years.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            EarthJuice wrote: View Post
                            Just what we didnt need. Another finesse big.

                            I thought we were done with the Bosh era, now we get Bosh Jr.

                            Im really bummed right now.

                            Maybe I'll come around.

                            Hopefully we can get Orlando's 1st rounder for Ebanks here.

                            Or a 2nd rounder and get Stanley Robinson.

                            If what I am hearing about Chic giving up #17 and Hinrich for a 2nd rounder and cash, then BC needs to explain why he could top that with two 2nd rounders.

                            I am so confused with that trade.
                            Wow, you're pretty pessimistic. Ed Davis was a HUGE steal at 13 and you're bummed. Ed Davis isn't Bosh Jr (not that it would necessarily be a bad thing). Davis is a top notch defensive player and should be one of the ten best players in the draft, at the very least.

                            And Toronto doesn't have the cap room to take Hinrich off of Chicago's hands for nothing. You really need to cheer up and get your head out of the oven.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              Wow, you're pretty pessimistic. Ed Davis was a HUGE steal at 13 and you're bummed. Ed Davis isn't Bosh Jr (not that it would necessarily be a bad thing). Davis is a top notch defensive player and should be one of the ten best players in the draft, at the very least.

                              And Toronto doesn't have the cap room to take Hinrich off of Chicago's hands for nothing. You really need to cheer up and get your head out of the oven.
                              I think Davis is so good that when Johnson heard about this pick he immediately called his agent and said get me on a team where I can get some minutes.
                              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

                              Memories some so sweet, indeed

                              Larger Photo of the avatar



                              “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X