Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knicks Select Andy Rautins & Raptors Get Davis Another Soft Finesse Guy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knicks Select Andy Rautins & Raptors Get Davis Another Soft Finesse Guy.

WE GOT ED DAVIS, A GUY WHO RESEMBLES A HIGH SCHOOL VERSION OF CHRIS BOSH. WE ALREADY HAVE AMIR WHY THE HECK DO WE NEED ED DAVIS FOR. MAN HOPEFULLY IM WRONG BUT THE LEAST BC COULD DO WAS GET ANOTHER PICK.

...do u even watch college basketball? I bet you only saw clips of Ed right?

Ed Davis is very talented! top rebounder and shot blocker! and also he is the Best Available PLAYER!

Comment

moe_shuttlesworth wrote: View Post
      WE GOT ED DAVIS, A GUY WHO RESEMBLES A HIGH SCHOOL VERSION OF CHRIS BOSH. WE ALREADY HAVE AMIR WHY THE HECK DO WE NEED ED DAVIS FOR. MAN HOPEFULLY IM WRONG BUT THE LEAST BC COULD DO WAS GET ANOTHER PICK.
      "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Soft? Have you ever seen him play?
        "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

Yeah, I don't know where the Bosh comparison comes from other than that they're both lanky lefties. Here's one guarantee, you won't see the hold-for-ten-seconds-then-midrange-jumper play that Bosh loves. His game is all inside. If you're going to keep Bargs at C, Davis has the potential to be pretty much the ideal player to pair him with.

Comment

He can be occassionally passive on the floor which is something I don't like, but he definitely is not soft. After putting on weight with NBA trainers and staff he can be a very assertive force inside...I just hope sooner than later.

Comment

I feel like jumping to huge, unsubstantiated conclusions about something. I think I'll start a thread. Oh wait. It appears it's already been done.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

moe_shuttlesworth wrote: View Post
                He might indeed be an earlier, less offensively talented version of Bosh, but soft he is not.

He was one of the best shot-blockers at the 4, was a pretty good offensive rebounder and one of the best defensive rebounders, had one of the highest FTA per minute and FTA/FGA, and given his shallow though still efficient offensive game (of which only ~10% of his possessions were jump shots, or 0.4 per game), was pretty much committed to playing defense. If that's soft, I guess we should go after another Araujo.

Comment

rdiaz101 wrote: View Post
                  that's the best site ever.whoever makes those pictures is da boss.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I don't know why everyone here is getting so excited. BC said he'd take the best player available at #13, and by most accounts that's exactly what he did. It might have been nice to pick up another late 1st pick, but it didn't happen.

Ultimately, the draft was never going to be the issue for the Raps this year. Our team will be make or break on the strength of the trades BC will have to make: CB4, Turk, one of the PGs, maybe an expiring contract....

Davis's place in the roster won't be decided until BC figures out where Bosh is going, and what he can get for last year's weak links. If you were looking for a #13 pick to lead us to glory this season, you're dreaming.

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post
                      I don't know why everyone here is getting so excited. BC said he'd take the best player available at #13, and by most accounts that's exactly what he did. It might have been nice to pick up another late 1st pick, but it didn't happen.

Ultimately, the draft was never going to be the issue for the Raps this year. Our team will be make or break on the strength of the trades BC will have to make: CB4, Turk, one of the PGs, maybe an expiring contract....

Davis's place in the roster won't be decided until BC figures out where Bosh is going, and what he can get for last year's weak links. If you were looking for a #13 pick to lead us to glory this season, you're dreaming.
                      Well said. I think we did well enough with Davis and Alabi to address the weaknesses on the team and this will not occur overnight. The bulk of team retooling is yet to come. I was looking forward to some personnel movement already during the draft...but it didnt happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X