How Realistic is a S&T for Bosh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f91ultra wrote: View Post
    When you have a trade exception, do you have to spend it all in one trade, or can you split it up into bits and used in different trades? kinda hard to use all 26 mil in 1 go lol.
    Well first, it wouldn't be one giant $26 mil trade exception. Normally, you can't get a trade exception if you trade away multiple players (in this case, Bosh + Turkoglu) and the deal has to fit under salary cap rules as a simultaneous trade. But because Miami has so much cap room, there's nothing stopping us from trading Bosh in trade #1 for say a draft pick, and Turkoglu in trade #2 for say another draft pick, instead of Bosh + Turkoglu in one big trade for 2 draft picks. So we'll get the ~$16.67 mil trade exception from Bosh's deal and a second $9.90 mil trade exception from Turkoglu's deal (we actually get $100k extra in trade exception by doing it in two deals too). These trade exceptions can also (as you asked) be used partially each time, so you can use say $3 mil from the $9.90 mil one and $5 mil from the $16.67 mil one and still have the rest to use until the end of the year.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
      Even better than a $16 mil trade exception is $26 mil in trade exceptions plus a first round pick or two. If they want us to take Beasley, have them throw in another first round pick.
      That would be nice, but I have a feeling Bosh might not want Turkoglu following him to Miami.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
        That would be nice, but I have a feeling Bosh might not want Turkoglu following him to Miami.
        Maybe he should pick a team without the cap space to take Turkoglu as well then. Either that or stay here.

Comment

Working...
        X