X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quixotic
    replied
    Tim W. wrote: View Post
    That would be nice, but I have a feeling Bosh might not want Turkoglu following him to Miami.
    Maybe he should pick a team without the cap space to take Turkoglu as well then. Either that or stay here.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    Quixotic wrote: View Post
    Even better than a $16 mil trade exception is $26 mil in trade exceptions plus a first round pick or two. If they want us to take Beasley, have them throw in another first round pick.
    That would be nice, but I have a feeling Bosh might not want Turkoglu following him to Miami.

Leave a comment:

• Quixotic
    replied
    f91ultra wrote: View Post
    When you have a trade exception, do you have to spend it all in one trade, or can you split it up into bits and used in different trades? kinda hard to use all 26 mil in 1 go lol.
    Well first, it wouldn't be one giant $26 mil trade exception. Normally, you can't get a trade exception if you trade away multiple players (in this case, Bosh + Turkoglu) and the deal has to fit under salary cap rules as a simultaneous trade. But because Miami has so much cap room, there's nothing stopping us from trading Bosh in trade #1 for say a draft pick, and Turkoglu in trade #2 for say another draft pick, instead of Bosh + Turkoglu in one big trade for 2 draft picks. So we'll get the ~$16.67 mil trade exception from Bosh's deal and a second $9.90 mil trade exception from Turkoglu's deal (we actually get $100k extra in trade exception by doing it in two deals too). These trade exceptions can also (as you asked) be used partially each time, so you can use say $3 mil from the $9.90 mil one and $5 mil from the $16.67 mil one and still have the rest to use until the end of the year.

Leave a comment:

• f91ultra
    replied
    When you have a trade exception, do you have to spend it all in one trade, or can you split it up into bits and used in different trades? kinda hard to use all 26 mil in 1 go lol.

Leave a comment:

• Quixotic
    replied
    Even better than a $16 mil trade exception is $26 mil in trade exceptions plus a first round pick or two. If they want us to take Beasley, have them throw in another first round pick.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    What you guys don't seem to be taking into consideration is the fact that the Raptors may be far better off doing a sign and trade for nothing (or a draft pick or two) than for not doing one at all if you don't like the pieces they'll get back. Getting a MASSIVE trade exception would do the Raptors a hell of a lot of good this summer, especially since they're likely to be doing some trades. A $16 million trade exception will come in very handy. The Worst thing Colangelo can do is refuse a sign and trade with Bosh because he doesn't get enough pieces back.

Leave a comment:

• Raptor4Ever
    replied
    DonCarlos wrote: View Post
    Chicago and NY probably give the best realistic sign and trade options to the Raptors.

Chicago: Taj Gibson, Luol Deng + draft pick(s)
    NY: Wilson Chandler, David Lee + draft pick(s)

The argument here is that if Chicago or NY decide to sign two free agents, such a Wade and Bosh or Lebron and Bosh, then they will probably do a S&T for Wade and Lebron first.

This means that Gibson and Deng or Chandler or even the Crappy Lee will be gone by the time the Raptors want to do their S&T.

Leave a comment:

• DonCarlos
    replied
    Chicago and NY probably give the best realistic sign and trade options to the Raptors.

Chicago: Taj Gibson, Luol Deng + draft pick(s)
    NY: Wilson Chandler, David Lee + draft pick(s)

I'd prefer Chicago, but not by much. Both teams will want to unload draft picks because if they sign two max players they'll be right up against the salary cap and not want to commit guaranteed salary dollars to first rounders.

I assume Chandler becomes available if NY gets Bosh and LeBron or Wade. I also assume that either Chicago or NY are trying to sign 2 of the top FAs, and will need to give a little more salary up going the other way to get it done. Unfortunately, this means dumping Hedo or Calderon's contracts becomes impossible.

And if Bosh wants to go to the Heat, we're screwed. Unless an extra team gets involved and the Raps can milk an extra draft pick or two.

Leave a comment:

• Raptor4Ever
    replied
    philwill wrote: View Post
    I'd take Beasley in a heartbeat. I think he's probably one of the better/best talents Toronto could actually receive in a Bosh S&T.
    you can have Beasley at much lower price than that. Call Pat and tell him you will give him the expiring contract of Banks and want Beasley in return. He will drive Beasley to the airport himself. This is how bad Beasley has become.

Leave a comment:

• Vellassco
    replied
    No one wants Michael Beasley, not even the Miami Heat

Link

Pat Riley says hes not shopping Michae Beasley, nobody believes him

Link

Leave a comment:

• philwill
    replied
    I'd take Beasley in a heartbeat. I think he's probably one of the better/best talents Toronto could actually receive in a Bosh S&T.

Leave a comment:

• Quixotic
    replied
    Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    Bosh has already pointed that he is willing to go to the same team as Lebron. Does this mean Bosh will actually walk ? How difficult will it be to involve a 3rd team ?
    There's a good chance he'll walk, just as there's a good chance he'll leave via S&T. It really depends on whether there's only one team he wants to be with (and that team has the room to sign him outright), or if there are a couple (then the financial benefit of a S&T would factor in more). But regarding a 3-way with Miami, if they have absolutely nothing to offer us, what would they offer the third team to make it worthwhile (I'm assuming Beasley is either gone already or has no value to the entire league)?

Leave a comment:

• Quixotic
    replied
    Vimsanity wrote: View Post
    LOL. For sure. D-Wade would be going from a city with a hot climate, beautiful beaches and shitload of cap space, to a Boshless, frigid city that couldn't even make the playoffs last year WITH Bosh. For sure.
    But wouldn't that be perfect? He could show the world how much better he is than Bosh by leading us to our first 50 win season.

Just kidding.

Leave a comment:

• Vimsanity
    replied
    OzRapFan wrote: View Post
    Toronto will re sign Bosh , and do a sign and trade for Wade.
    LOL. For sure. D-Wade would be going from a city with a hot climate, beautiful beaches and shitload of cap space, to a Boshless, frigid city that couldn't even make the playoffs last year WITH Bosh. For sure.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    I was watching a clip in NBA.com about Toronto's draft of Ed Davis and ....

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...s=iref:nbahpt1

They talked about S&T for Bosh and how teams like Chicago,New York do not necessarily have the players for doing such a trade especially if they do a S&T with Lebron first and then decide to sign Chris Bosh.

Bosh has already pointed that he is willing to go to the same team as Lebron. Does this mean Bosh will actually walk ? How difficult will it be to involve a 3rd team ?
    If Bosh wants a real max contract it is in his benefit to work a S&T. Also, who says Bosh wants to play for those teams? He could go to the Lakers or the Rockets or any other team for the matter that's capped and who wants his services. A S&T is the best case scenario for both Bosh and the Raptors and this is why I feel it's a highly probable scenario.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X