CB Says "Miami in top Contention to land him"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB Says "Miami in top Contention to land him"

Chris Bosh told us Saturday he hasn't decided what team he will sign with but is seriously considering Miami and expects to meet with Heat officials after free agency starts July 1. Also Saturday, Yahoo.com reported the Heat will be one of six teams granted a meeting with LeBron James.

Asked if the Heat has as good a chance at landing him as any team, Bosh said yes but that he will not decide until he has met with suitors that interest him.

``Miami is in top contention,'' Bosh said during a quiet moment at DJ Irie's charity golf tournament in Miami Beach. ``With the money they have, the cap space they have, the rights on Dwyane [Wade], him possibly staying. And just having a good organization; they are known as a first-class organization. Dwyane is going to be one of the greatest players in the history of the game when it's said and done.''

But asked whether he would be willing to play center should the Heat keep Michael Beasley and/or re-sign Udonis Haslem, Bosh said, ``The thing I said when I came into free agency is I'm going to be a forward. I'm going to play my natural position.''

Should Bosh sign with Miami, those sentiments could increase the chance of Beasley being dealt, despite Pat Riley's comment that he will not trade Beasley to clear cap space. The Heat believes Beasley can play some small forward but views him primarily as a power forward.

If Bosh signs, it also means the Heat will need a center in free agency, with Brendan Haywood or re-signing Joel Anthony among the options. Among power forwards, Bosh is Miami's top preference, with Amare Stoudemire and Carlos Boozer also on its radar.

One concern for Heat fans is Toronto receiving a sign-and-trade offer for Bosh that's more enticing than what Miami has to offer (Beasley, future draft picks), unless a third team is involved. Bosh could make $125 million over six years if he re-signs with Toronto (to stay or more likely for purposes of a sign-and-trade), or $97 million over five years otherwise.

Is it important to him to have the bigger deal? ``That's definitely something to consider -- that's a part of the chaos of this,'' he said, not ruling out signing with a team outright. If he does push for a sign-and-trade, ``that kind of cuts the number of teams down that can actually do a sign-and-trade that would work.''

Bosh dismissed a Yahoo.com report quoting a source as saying he would sign with Chicago if James signs there. But the Bulls are a contender for him.

Bosh said he will take recruiting trips, including one to the Heat ``at some point'' after Wednesday: ``Everybody pretty much is on an even playing field until I hear what they have to say. I want to see things for myself, how they run everything, what their ideas are.''

Bosh said determining his future has been ``very tough because there are so many things to consider. I want to win. I want to be happy. I just have to be patient. But it's hard to be patient. You drive yourself crazy a little bit. But if I didn't feel nervous, I'd be worried.''

Yahoo.com's report on James said the Heat, Nets, Knicks, Bulls, Clippers and Cavaliers will meet with him and his staff in Akron, Ohio, on Thursday, or soon after. The report deemed the Bulls the favorite but said the Heat and Nets will make a ``strong push.''

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/06/2...#ixzz0s6wpbAVM

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/06/2...ontention.html
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

wow

this is getting completely ridiculous. Bosh needs to grow the fuck up. I like his game but the way he is acting is like a little immature bitch. You want to be a pro athlete start acting like it.

Comment

Sun May 30th, 2010, 02:25 PM

Buddahfan
      Raptors Republic All-Star

I Am Sensing If Bosh Leaves He Will Be Going to Miami

Nothing concrete in the way of evidence or links but lets just say a gut feeling based upon a number of things.

I don't know how it will go down, it could be that he will just walk and sign, but my sense of it based upon things that I have read here and there is that Bosh will go and play with Wade in Miami if leaves the Raptors.
      http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...ighlight=Miami
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

What u want a cookie ? i think this is horrible for this franchise, but i was hoping he would come back . This is the first time i have actually seen him being quoted as saying he is leaving so it's not speculation anymore he seems to be looking anywhere but with the Toronto. So bye CB and hello Beasley

Herm Edwards

Comment

rdiaz101 wrote: View Post
          What u want a cookie ? i think this is horrible for this franchise, but i was hoping he would come back . This is the first time i have actually seen him being quoted as saying he is leaving so it's not speculation anymore he seems to be looking anywhere but with the Toronto. So bye CB and hello Beasley
          You miss the whole point my friend.

I linked is so posters can see that there is already a thread that has thoroughly discussed this subject. This way you can research it easily and see what people have already posted.

I have all the cookies I need. Thanks for the offer
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Spare us this loser!!

Comment

No Beasley please, I'd rather Bosh walk. Imagine a Beasley-Bargnani front court. What's worse is Devlin can still use his dum "Killer-Bs" reference.

Everyone already knew Bosh had one and a half foot out the door. Ed Davis basically sealed it. The question was always where he would go. So much for not being "second fiddle".

Let's assume he signs with Miami and they keep Wade, do they have a legit chance of winning it all? I'm curious because it seems Bosh isn't as keen on winning as he is following LeBron and Wade.

Comment

The only way I think Raptors should agree to a S&T with Heat and get back Beasly is that, Heat take Hedo's contract as well and give us first round draft picks and ...

Otherwise, I rather Bosh walk than get back BEasly.

Comment

Selects87 wrote: View Post
                  this is getting completely ridiculous. Bosh needs to grow the fuck up. I like his game but the way he is acting is like a little immature bitch. You want to be a pro athlete start acting like it.
                  a) Not sure how it's getting ridiculous. How is Bosh not grown up as compared to other pro athletes?
                  b) Pro athletes are generally not the most mature people in society. They lead a completely coddled life from an early age and play a game for a living making vast amounts of money and having lots of free time where they have very few real responsibilities. Shaq is the perfect example. He's basically overgrown adolescent.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

only if we get miami future first pick

just wondering...is there a conditional draft pick where Toronto can get Miami's 1st round pick till Toronto makes it to the playoffs?...lol

Comment

Kinda funny how many people here are freaking out because the Miami Herald did a piece on Bosh. Would it have been more professional for him to lie about Miami being one of the top team's he's considering? So he's considering all the teams that have cap space this summer, big whoop, we already knew that. It's called being media friendly and not burning any bridges before free agency even starts. If a Toronto reporter asks him and he says Toronto is also one of the top teams he's considering, will you bash him for not being able to make up his mind and toying with TO fans? The guy couldn't even go to LA to watch the finals or spend time with his bud Wade without people getting into a hissy fit over it.

If he stays, great, if he leaves, thank you for the seven years and don't let the door hit you on the way out. I certainly don't care enough to follow him at his new team, and I'll certainly hope they miss the playoffs, but I'm not going to be so sensitive just because he wants to try something new in his life. You'd think us Torontonians having THE best city in the world would be more secure than that. Grow a pair.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                        The only way I think Raptors should agree to a S&T with Heat and get back Beasly is that, Heat take Hedo's contract as well and give us first round draft picks and ...

Otherwise, I rather Bosh walk than get back BEasly.
                        YES either take Hedo or even Jose's contract and ship Beasly to a third team hopefully we get some picks back and maybe Haslem too.

Herm Edwards

Comment

KakashiPrince wrote: View Post
                          only if we get miami future first pick

just wondering...is there a conditional draft pick where Toronto can get Miami's 1st round pick till Toronto makes it to the playoffs?...lol
                          The only thing we are going to get from Miami for Bosh is Toronto own conditional draft pick we send to Miami last season for the Marion/JO trade.

Once again Riley wins and make us look like fools!

Comment

YES either take Hedo or even Jose's contract and ship Beasly to a third team hopefully we get some picks back and maybe Haslem too.
                            They will not give us Haslem, they love Haslem down there. I don't want to give them Jose either as I think we can move Jose much easier than Hedo.

They can give us our own draft pick back + their draft pick for next year since it will be low + Beasly

I don't they will offer us anything else, maybe they sign JO to a contract and ship him our way !! Who else do they have under contract ?

The reality is that BC can not let CB4 walk. We will lose the possible draft picks, possible trade exceptions and ... we will be left with around 7.5 mill in our CAP which will be spent mostly on Amir.

Comment

I hate when people say getting Ed Davis is pushing Bosh away :@
                              really, really stupid thing to say
                              We took the best player available and that was a good decision
                              it had nothing to do with Bosh it was about getting the BPA

Comment

Working...
                              X