Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Point Guard Would Be Good for the Raps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    There are no other above average point guards that will be available that can play defense.
    Assuming Turkoglu can be moved for Hinrich, Hinrich isn't bad at all and is one of the best defenders at the PG position. His salary also gets less and less with each year. I'd much rather have Hinrich starting on a young team than Jack, but I'm also willing to stick with Calderon and maybe next year we'll have a chance at Brandon Knight/Kyrie Irving or *gasp* Canadian point guard Cory Joseph!

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      Unless the Raptors can somehow get either CP3 or Rodney Stuckey they should stay with the same two point guards. CP3 and Stuckey may be available. There are no other above average point guards that will be available that can play defense.
      Stuckey? Really? Haven't the bast two years pretty much proven that Stuckey is certainly not an above average PG? Hell, he's barely a PG since with his low assist numbers and inability to run and offense. I thought Raptor fans were done with their fascination with him.

pg2k10 wrote: View Post
      Steve Nash for Turk. Can work. What do you think?
      First off, welcome to the forum. Secondly, before you post a suggestion like this, try to think why on earth Phoenix would ever want to do this deal, especially since they would be able to get much more for Nash, including one or two young players.

Quixotic wrote: View Post
      Assuming Turkoglu can be moved for Hinrich, Hinrich isn't bad at all and is one of the best defenders at the PG position. His salary also gets less and less with each year. I'd much rather have Hinrich starting on a young team than Jack, but I'm also willing to stick with Calderon and maybe next year we'll have a chance at Brandon Knight/Kyrie Irving or *gasp* Canadian point guard Cory Joseph!
      My thoughts exactly (not surprisingly). There's really no hurry for the Raptors to find a new PG. This is not a team that needs to get all the pieces right away. Collison put up great numbers, but his team fared badly when he was in charge, and how many here actually watched him play? Hinrich would be a fine interim PG because he plays tough defense, can play the point and he can be a good third guard, as well. I don't see Washington wanting Turkoglu, though.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

(1) Collison
        (2) Calderon
        (3) Jack

Steve Nash and Andre Miller are too old. Not interest in them. Felton isn't an upgrade over Jack (comparable to) nevermind Calderon.
        nbaroundtable

Comment

Working...
        X