No announcement yet.

If Bosh Chooses Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosh will not be back, and how many high end free agents have we signed??? Don't include Turk as a high end guy. So free agency really hasn't been our strong point.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
      I wouldn't mind Noah, but his contract is up next year, and I'd rather trade for someone with a long term contract. We don't have the best track record with free agents.
      Noah is on his rookie contract. His team has certain rights for awhile yet. He becomes only a restricted f/a and the team would be able to match any offer or do a trade to let him go.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
        Bosh will not be back, and how many high end free agents have we signed??? Don't include Turk as a high end guy. So free agency really hasn't been our strong point.
        Bosh may or may not be back, but the fact of the matter is that he already re-sign with Toronto once. He gave them a chance to put a team on the floor that would want to make him stay. After 7 years, management has failed to surround him with adequate talent to get past the first round.

And enticing free agents to Toronto has been difficult, keeping players has not been nearly as difficult. Besides, Noah strikes me as the type of player that would stay with his team, all things being equal. Because of his background, he's more open minded than many American players, so staying in Toronto wouldn't be a problem for him, so long as the team looked like it was headed in the right direction. Besides, the point is probably moot since Chicago wouldn't give up Noah.

The point is that the myth that Toronto can't re-sign it's free agents is false.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
        X