Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using The MLE To Sign A Player For The 3 (Version 2.0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LBF
    replied
    outlaw

Leave a comment:

• rdiaz101
    replied
    I think the Raps have to stay young and go for Dorrell Wright the kid is 24, athletic and very explosive player who can finish and drive to the net. Here's some stats :
    7.1pts 3.3rebs 46%fg / his PER 36 stats are 12.1pts 5.7rebs .46%
    Came off an injury plagued season and played great whoever said Gooden is on something btw.

Leave a comment:

• Quixotic
    replied
    Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Taj Gibson is a four.
    And James Johnson is a bit of a tweener 3/4.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    thomas1 wrote: View Post
    I really think amongst all trade scenarios relating to Bosh we would get a SF (lakers aside). With chicago all they have are threes, Deng, Taj and James Johnson,
    Taj Gibson is a four.

Leave a comment:

• Macc
    replied
    Matt Barnes / Travis Outlaw would be the best choice. Barnes would bring toughness and defense. Outlaw brings some solid offensive ability and solid defense as well.

Leave a comment:

• thomas1
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    On the first page I covered off the fact that the most likely destinations for Bosh would lead to the Raptors landing another big man. To move Hedo they're going to have to lower their standards. There is no certainty that they can land a replacement at the 3. As for Calderon, do you think he's good enough to land a player worthy of starting at the 3?
    I really think amongst all trade scenarios relating to Bosh we would get a SF (lakers aside). With chicago all they have are threes, Deng, Taj and James Johnson, with Miami I think Beasly may get away playing the SF, he will definitly do no worse than Hedo did last season. With New York I think BC will push for D. Gallenari if not David Lee (who should be able to net us something) later.

On the other hand I think trade scenarios involving Hedo are will more probably net us a big, whether with Orland (we get back Bass and Gortat btw thats why they drafted Orton Gortat will be traded no question about it). The other trade scenario I heard about is with Min involving Al Jefferson.

With Hedo they\ve been very tight lipped about trade possibilites but one thing is for sure he has value and we will get something back (dont be surprised if we end up getting more in tangible assets from a Hedo trade than we do from a Bosh S&T). I have no quarrel with you on Cald I think he has very little value in the league and moving him will be tough.

The last thing I want to say is that (I wish either you or someone who knows) would discuss the TPE. I see this as a very likely scenario to happen if we S&T Bosh to one of those asset-less teams (Miami, NY, Chicago). I understand how it works but I have no clue on its applications especially when the trade exception is large which is expected to be the case.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    On the first page I covered off the fact that the most likely destinations for Bosh would lead to the Raptors landing another big man. To move Hedo they're going to have to lower their standards. There is no certainty that they can land a replacement at the 3. As for Calderon, do you think he's good enough to land a player worthy of starting at the 3?

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    no, but a talented sixth man would be great!

Leave a comment:

• thomas1
    replied
    Are the proposed trade scenarios out there for Bosh, Hedo and Cald so dire that you would except us to use MLE on a starting SF?

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Not to mention this is a thread about small forwards and Drew Gooden is a power forward.

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Barnes has a Player Option. Why would he sign to play for the Raptors when he can play for the Magic and have Howard make him look a decent player.
    His player option is $1.6M. This is the reason why he won't pick it up. I think the deadline has already passed.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    A00715890 wrote: View Post
    drew gooden = :throwup:

give me matt barnes
    Ugh! Drew Gooden???? I thought the desire was to improve the team's defense? And he doesn't pass. I was surprised that Gooden is only 28, though. He seems to have been around forever. I would have guessed at least 30.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    A00715890 wrote: View Post
    drew gooden = :throwup:

give me matt barnes
    Barnes has a Player Option. Why would he sign to play for the Raptors when he can play for the Magic and have Howard make him look a decent player.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    saints91 wrote: View Post
    I would choose Josh Childress, I think he would like living Toronto after being in Europe for 2 years. We seem to have a problem with American players wanting to come and stay in Canada. I think he has the talent, and would be a great addition to this team.

PLEASE DEAL TURK SOON!!!!
    Childress is a Restricted Free Agent and if he returns to the NBA most likely he will go for more than the MLE if not the Hawks will match for sure.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    Drew Gooden would also be awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Vimsanity
    replied
    Travis Outlaw/ Josh Howard (although getting him is unlikely with the MLE) and we're good.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X