Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On A Scale of 1 to 10, With 10 Being ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On A Scale of 1 to 10, With 10 Being ....

..... absolutely peeved off, how ticked off will you be as a fan if Bosh leaves directly as a free agent and not via a "sign & trade" as most originally thought?
    18.75%
    9.38%
    9.38%
    9.38%
    3.13%
    9.38%
    9.38%
    6.25%
    3.13%
    21.88%

It's Colangelo's job to gauge whether he will be able to re-sign a free-agent and then act accordingly. If we lose him for nothing, Colangelo has failed.

Comment

A sign and trade helps both Bosh and the Raptors. Bosh would screw himself if he were to leave outright. Why would he do that? Even if the Raptors simply get a trade exception and a second round pick, it's in both their best interests to do it.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

If all goes according to the sage wisdom of Stephen A Smith, he's going to Miami... in which case i don't want to see anybody from that sorry ass team on the raptors. i'd rather they filled out the empty roster spot with a hungry d-leaguer

Comment

If Bosh wants to go and win a championship elsewhere, he may choose to sign directly with that team in order to allow that team to add other pieces around him and/or not to send good players back to Toronto.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            A sign and trade helps both Bosh and the Raptors. Bosh would screw himself if he were to leave outright. Why would he do that? Even if the Raptors simply get a trade exception and a second round pick, it's in both their best interests to do it.
            What is he going to do with a trade exception? With players like Calderon and Turkoglu on the block, it is unlikely that we'll even need a trade exception. If anything, we'd rather not take on any more salary than what those contracts are worth.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
              If all goes according to the sage wisdom of Stephen A Smith, he's going to Miami... in which case i don't want to see anybody from that sorry ass team on the raptors. i'd rather they filled out the empty roster spot with a hungry d-leaguer
              It's called draft picks and TPE. Heck, if Miami wants to push Beasley on us, I say we let them if they throw in another unprotected first rounder.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                What is he going to do with a trade exception? With players like Calderon and Turkoglu on the block, it is unlikely that we'll even need a trade exception. If anything, we'd rather not take on any more salary than what those contracts are worth.
                The example BC used today was using a Trade Exception to acquire a player who would do a S &T with their team. No idea if he has anything specific in mind or it was just a general example.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                  It's called draft picks and TPE. Heck, if Miami wants to push Beasley on us, I say we let them if they throw in another unprotected first rounder.
                  you got me. i was only thinking players.

would you really want beasley in toronto... where we're ALOT more liberal about ganj?

Comment

Beasley is horrible there's no way I'd want him with the raps ,I'd serioulsy rather have nobody

Comment

The worst thing about Bosh leaving... Vince Carter is still the greatest Raptor of all time.

Comment

You never know. The Raptors certainly aren't going to go into luxury tax territory, but if it means getting shorter contracts, young talent or improving the team, I could see them using some trade exception. And if the Raptors want to trade Bargnani, having the trade exception would help, since I believe he's going to be BYC. Hell, they could simply hold onto it until next year's draft and pick up a first round draft pick or two like Oklahoma or Washington did.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

If it's a sign and trade, all I want is picks, especially from Miami. If we get an exception, use it with Jose or Turk and get someone with a big contract that is ready to expire, like Eddie Curry or KIRILENKO or something.
                          If he walks, well that blows, but like Arse said, it will be BC's fault for not negotiating well.
                          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Pffft yeah maybe we can get our picks back from Miami that BC got fleeced for in the first place. That or we'll end up giving them more picks somehow.

Comment

It's Colangelo's job to gauge whether he will be able to re-sign a free-agent and then act accordingly. If we lose him for nothing, Colangelo has failed.
                              No doubt about it man. If Colangelo cannot get anything with multiple draft picks in return for Bosh, I think Mike Babcock is pulling a Tom Cruise Mission Impossible on us and is disguised as Bryan Colangelo.

Comment

Working...
                              X