Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On A Scale of 1 to 10, With 10 Being ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted for ten. Not pissed towards Bosh but towards the organization for dropping the ball time after time. If they let Bosh get away for nothing that will be the cherry on top of this sundae of incompetence. Colangelo won't be able to withstand such negative backlash from the press for long.

Comment

I voted 9 not 10 only because Bosh doesnt really owe us anything so it wouldnt feel like a back stab
      that being said i would still be pretty pissed off

Comment

I voted a 1.

I will actually respect Bosh more for leaving money on the table and doing whatever it takes to join the best situation for him. The main reason i'm upset with Bosh is that he knew this day was coming a long time ago, but kept up the facade that he hadn't decided anything. Be a man and admit what you want to do.

Having said that while my respect for him will go up, my general feelings about his intelligence and self awareness will take another dive. He more than Bron and Wade needs that extra year of compensation before he starts enviously looking at JO's knees.

Comment

And how will you feel towards Colangelo?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            And how will you feel towards Colangelo?
            As long as Colangelo gets a decent player back in return. Personally, I would love to get Gallinari from NY. He fits the Raps system and can hit a 3 consistently and is a fantastic ball handler. Too bad they don't use him properly over there. I would also love to get Favors and TWill from New Jersey. No Beasley please

Comment

I don't know if I'm the only Raptor fan to say this but I can't wait until Bosh leaves. Not due to all the hype of free agency but because of basketball reasons. Bringing back Bosh for 6 years at max would be 6 years of mediocrity we will have to deal with. Everyone but Bosh knows he's not a number 1 option on a top 10 team and he had 7 years to prove so. BC needs to rebuild and he knows it unfortunately I'm not sure if him being in the last year of his contract will be a conflict of interest. Unlike when VC and Tmac were about to be free agents, I'm not upset at all when Bosh leaves and fans shouldn't boo him for leaving. If he couldn't get them to .500 in his career year then the future is not looking too bright if he comes back. It will be another Gilbert Arenas situation all over again only without the guns. Even without the injuries and suspension Gilbert would still be almost impossible to trade and at least Gilbert took a discout to resign. The raps can be a .500 team without Bosh, so why pay him 130 million for the same result

Comment

I think Bosh leaving has major Ewing theory potential for the raps. I also think BC is going to try and simultaneously dangle the rebuild and contend tightrope.

What was BC supposed to do? He couldn't of traded him at the deadline when the raps were flirting with 5th seed and all was gravy. Once it passed he essentially became a spectator. The guy might make some moves that don't hold up to hindsight, but at least he didn't panic like Dan Gilbert and bring in aging vets that do more to sink the ship than keep it afloat. Oh wait, he signed Turk.

I don't think people can truly start condemning BC for the Bosh fiasco until all the cards are on the table. The raps are losing thier best player, but they drafted his replacement and have acquired cheap young talent to move forward. Of all the teams in the East affected by this summers free agency, the raps are poised to take one of the biggest hits and yet I don't feel like the sky is falling. Patience might be the most important trait for a GM and BC has it.

Donnie Walsh showed his hand too early it is likely costing him Lebron. Riley convinced Wade to waste two years of his prime and now they might form the greatest team ever. Bosh might be a big domino, but he can only go to one team and there are going to be a several more franchises who didn't even lose thier star player that will be far worse off than the raptors.

Once the dust settles, an inordinate amount of teams are going to start hitting the panic button and hopefully when the irons are hot, BC will finally hit that elusive home run we've all been waiting for.
                Last edited by mo-sales; Tue Jun 29, 2010, 12:04 PM.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                  Once the dust settles, an inordinate amount of teams are going to start hitting the panic button and hopefully when the irons are hot, BC will finally hit that elusive home run we've all been on waiting for.
                  If he doesn't, fire him and hire Pritchard. At least he's not over rated like BC.

Comment

ibzilla wrote: View Post
                    If he doesn't, fire him and hire Pritchard. At least he's not over rated like BC.
                    The irony of this statement is overwhelming.

Pritchard did a good job in Portland, but if he was that good, you think he would have been fired?
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      The irony of this statement is overwhelming.

Pritchard did a good job in Portland, but if he was that good, you think he would have been fired?
                      Look at his track record. He has never missed on a trade or draft pick. (jury still out on Greg Oden). Look at just this season only for example.
                      He trades a backup pg and injury prone player in Steve Blake and Travis Outlaw (who were going to leave via free agency anyways) for a center who averaged 12 rpg and 2 bpg (camby)
                      He gets FIRED and trades a backup SF averaging 9 ppg shooting 40% (not from 3) making 16 million over the next 3 years for the 16th overall draft pick making 2 million annually.
                      Meanwhile, BC trades Jermaine O'neal and a first rounder for an expiring contract and Marcus banks.
                      Pritchard is the guy who traded RANDY FOYE FOR BRANDON ROY! Oh yea and he got Lamarcus Aldridge in the same draft too.
                      Obviously it had to do with some in house fighting. Probably large egos of the owner and GM clashed and he made an irrational decision. If I owned the Raps, BC would have already been replaced

Comment

Not at all. I am more worried about the sign and trade than by Bosh leaving without anything coming back.

My concern is Colangelo taking back salaries which he shouldn't be touching.
                        nbaroundtable

Comment

Working...
                        X