Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Big Ed Davis Been Invited To Join The Young Gunz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Big Ed Davis Been Invited To Join The Young Gunz?

Looks like it. However it seems to me that he is going to have to earn it to become more than an initiate.

RT @IamAmirJohnson: RT @FlyBoots: #younggunz era begins July 1st @IamAmirJohnson @DeMar_DeRozan @Sonny13 @eddavis32 http://myloc.me/8z543 14 minutes ago via UberTwitter
    http://twitter.com/Sonny13
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

I'm pretty happy about the Young Gunz and their situation right now. The time is perfect for them to work together and improve as a group. Although there is no clear-cut star among them (i.e. Durant and OKC), it's nice to see that they all want to be part of some continuity within our club.

Comment

I hope this means Amir has basically already agreed to a contract

Comment

cornbreadd wrote: View Post
        I think it does and it also says that Amir knows Bosh is adios "younggunz era begins July 1st "

Comment

This is awesome.

What's the order for who will be the leader of the pack by the end of next year. Derozan is the natural heir, but Bosh's departure creates a huge gap that needs to be filled and Derozan is still two years away from realistically making that leap. I'm excited to see Davis and Amir battle for minutes. Players have a tendency to get protective of thier turf when a straight platoon is enforced. Inclusion into the young gunz early on should mean that they follow the Sonny/Derozan friendly competition model rather than the TJ/Jose bench/starter rodeo.

I'm enjoying a fairly seamless transition from the Bosh era to the Young Gunz era.

Comment

Not so fast about big Ed being a young gun

Buddahfan

@sonny13 - Some fans might think that Big Ed D. is going to have to earn his membership in the Young Gunz, not just have it handed to him about 1 hour ago via web
            Then came this reply from Sonny13

Sonny13

He not a young gun yet, gotta do a little more, lol http://myloc.me/8z733 about 1 hour ago via UberTwitter
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

He not a young gun yet, gotta do a little more, lol http://myloc.me/8z733

Twitter isn't really the most realiable source to draw inferrences from. To suggest Amir has agreed to a contract and that he knows Bosh is gone from a "retweet" is a bit of a stretch. Stay level headed Raptor fans :P we have a long way to go.

Comment

Jive wrote: View Post

Twitter isn't really the most realiable source to draw inferrences from. To suggest Amir has agreed to a contract and that he knows Bosh is gone from a "retweet" is a bit of a stretch. Stay level headed Raptor fans :P we have a long way to go.
                I didn't use twitter to infer that Johnson had agreed to a contract.

Another poster who doesn't read the bills, oops I mean posts.

The Johnson deal was based upon video interviews with him and BC and and audio interview with Triano. I drew the conclusion that Johnson has a deal with the Raptors even before I saw what Johnson has posted on his website.

Tweets are what they are. Just like everything in life you have to learn to separate the wheat from the chaff. but tweets had nothing to do with the conclusion that I came to that Johnson has a deal.

On top of that you can throw in what he said after he signed his soon to end contract with the Pistons along with what transpired there and with the Raptors this season. It all follows logically if you and understand the personalities involved.
                Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Jun 29, 2010, 01:55 AM.

Comment

I thought it was classy that Demar was contacting Ed Davis as soon as he was drafted. If anything it shows that he's willing to foster comraderie and make Toronto a more welcome place for another young player. That might not make him a leader outright, but it's a sign he's willing to try it on.

Comment

HornSwaggle wrote: View Post
                    I thought it was classy that Demar was contacting Ed Davis as soon as he was drafted. If anything it shows that he's willing to foster comraderie and make Toronto a more welcome place for another young player. That might not make him a leader outright, but it's a sign he's willing to try it on.
                    That is what has been missing from this team for so long, the sense of them actually being a team and reaching out to new players. That is my favorite part of this whole young gunz thing, they seem like they actually like each other and want to play together....now if only we could get some of the Euros to start spending more time with them.
                    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                      I didn't use twitter to infer that Johnson had agreed to a contract.

Another poster who doesn't read the bills, oops I mean posts.

The Johnson deal was based upon video interviews with him and BC and and audio interview with Triano. I drew the conclusion that Johnson has a deal with the Raptors even before I saw what Johnson has posted on his website.

Tweets are what they are. Just like everything in life you have to learn to separate the wheat from the chaff. but tweets had nothing to do with the conclusion that I came to that Johnson has a deal.

On top of that you can throw in what he said after he signed his soon to end contract with the Pistons along with what transpired there and with the Raptors this season. It all follows logically if you and understand the personalities involved.
                      Are you suggesting I am one of those "people" who don't read the posts?

You seem to be suggesting I am part of this hypothetical group who tend to not contribute positively due to their ignorance. I generally like the positions you take but in this occasion it seems like you are doing exactly what you have claimed me to not have done. You didn't read the posts; these 2 comments are located 2 posts below the OP.

cornbreadd wrote: View Post
                      OzRapFan wrote: View Post
                      I think it does and it also says that Amir knows Bosh is adios "younggunz era begins July 1st "
                      Incase you didn't read my post either, here it is again:

Jive wrote: View Post

Last edited by Jive; Tue Jun 29, 2010, 04:13 PM.

Comment

I honestly would buy a RR Young Gunz shirt is anyone on the board good with graphic design? I know of a great T-Shirt company in the west end of mississauga where we can get shirts printed throw on the RR logo on the back, and if we can get a sea of these shirts and wear it for opening day I think it would be awesome!

B.C. is lucky! While I am not totally sold on Weems/Amir (I like them both) I love the family atmosphere they are building it is like JYD's passion for the raptors, but from 3 guys and now hopefully 4! Building a core that believes in the team, and each other is what will make this franchise a better team.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                          Looks like it. However it seems to me that he is going to have to earn it to become more than an initiate.

Sure, they have the role of Kiefer Sutherland currently available.

Comment

Working...
                          X