Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors/Magic Hedo Trade Rumours Active Again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gortat: Magic said he could be traded

Gortat: Magic said he could be traded

Orlando Magic — posted by bschmitz on June, 29 2010 11:06 AM

Marcin Gortat says the Magic told him after the season that they would not “hesitate” to add him in a trade to acquire a star player. That’s the biggest news according to my Polish journalist contact, Jakub Wojczyński, who covered Gortat’s media avail on Monday.

Said Gortat, “Stan Van Gundy and Otis Smith told me that when they have chance to get big star, they won’t hesitate and will add me to this trade. But teams don’t get players to just put them on the bench. (On) another team, there won’t be second Dwight Howard and I will have twice bigger chance to play. It could be step forward for me.
    cont on link

http://bit.ly/culriX
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
      Say this were to be true, AND we were able to grab Luol Deng from the Bulls in a S&T...Holy Smoking Monkey would we have something good going on.

I think a four man big rotation of Bargs, Johnson, Gortat and Davis is excellent. Rebounding, athelticism, youth, some shooting, lotsa defense - both help and man on man. The different matchups that can be thrown out would give us a front court to combat any team out there.

Throw in Pietrus and Deng at the 3 and you've got a SF rotation with defense, leadership and a spot up distance shooter [Pietrus] and scoring and rebounding [Deng], and I think Pietrus is exactly the kind of Battier-type veteran that the Raps will need. Imagine having Deng as a 6th man...

Say we have Pietrus, Johnson and Bargs start at the 3, 4 and 5. That's a nearly perfect situation for Bargnani to excel, and while not stellar overall, is good going forward and places us in the upper-tier, rebuilding wise. Then say our second unit consists of Deng, Davis and Gortat. That's good enough to be a starting front court rotation for many other teams.

In short, I like this a lot.

In terms of getting Deng, I think Bosh to Miami is a smoke screen to drive up Bosh's price.
      I like this a lot, but I think Deng should start as he's a better rebounder and scorer than Pietrus. I'm also not sure if Gortat should be coming off the bench or if he should start in place of Amir. Love this roster though, and it is not completely ridiculous either.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
        He could also fix the hole in front of Bargnani.
        He could plug the whole that IS bargnani.
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

benitonicoya wrote: View Post
          I

Gortat + Peitrus for Turkoglu makes sense financially for both teams but Toronto would have to throw in a First Round Pick to get it done for sure;

First round pick included and Orlando would do the deal right away;
          This is exactly what I think too. I doubt it if Orlando will go for it if we do not include a frist round draft pick. So If BC manages to get a draft picks by moving Bosh, then he can simply give that pick to Orlando and basically move Hedo as well.

I think BC can easily get the following deal from Heat:
          Beasly, Heat's 1st round for 2011, our own first rounder that we lost on JO deal and then deal Heat's first round for 2011 to Orlando

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
            This is exactly what I think too. I doubt it if Orlando will go for it if we do not include a frist round draft pick. So If BC manages to get a draft picks by moving Bosh, then he can simply give that pick to Orlando and basically move Hedo as well.

I think BC can easily get the following deal from Heat:
            Beasly, Heat's 1st round for 2011, our own first rounder that we lost on JO deal and then deal Heat's first round for 2011 to Orlando
            Beasleyitis can be fatal to your team's health
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I would honestly rather keep Turk then give away more draft picks
              KEEP YOUR PICKS
              Thats the way to get young cheap talent on the team, through the draft
              I would make this trade in a heartbeat but please give them Cash conciderations instead of a draft pick

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                Gortat and Pietrus would be two very nice additions especially since Davis and Johnson are not really centers.

So up front you would probably have

Johnson/Davis
                Barganani/Gortat
                Pietrus/Weems
                who this guy?

If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I think the conversation went more like

Otis: Yea I'll take him back if you take Carter
                  Brian: %^$ Never Mind

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Gortat would fix the hole behind Bargnani. They could start both together if Davis and Johnson both aren't ready to fill the PF slot. Pietrus would start along side of DeRozan and would offer a lot of hustle and defense. I really like this trade from our perspective. From the Hedo's perspective it works as well. The baby gets his bottle.
                    AHAHAHAHAHA! YES, YES AND YES!!! ZING!

Actually of the gazillion trade proposals/rumours I've heard regarding the Dinos, this is the first one to actually get my attention and make any sort of sense. Not sure how plausible it is, does the money work, is it close? Gortat would be a nice addition either playing behind Bargs or alongside him. Pietrus is a solid perimeter defender who would provide us with some much needed three point threat. I hope there is some legitimacy to this rumour, if so BC get 'er done!

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                      He could plug the whole that IS bargnani.
                      I'm not sure Bargnani swings that way. Not that there anything wrong with that...
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                      X