Jack 100% Raptor Until Someone Says Otherwise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack 100% Raptor Until Someone Says Otherwise

To get ready for the summer league, the Heroes Of The Harcourt are holding a mini-camp here for whatever team they put together starting about July 6 at the Air Canada Centre, I think it is.

It’ll be the usual suspects – DeRozan, Weems, Davis, Alabi, Dorsey and whatever other free agents they’ve plucked out of the ether – and one other guy.

Jarrett Jack.

Yeah, I’m told, as of now, Jack not only plans to come back to take part in the two-day practice session but that he’s probably going out to Vegas, too, just to hang around with the guys who are there.

Kind of impressive, no?

Now, I still think there’s a possibility he’s somewhere else when training camp starts but it seems as long as he’s a Raptor, he’s really a Raptor.
    Source: Doug Smith's Blog

I love it. I really hope Jose is out and Jarrett stays.

I love it. I really hope Jose is out and Jarrett stays.
    +1
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I've always liked Jack, but he's far more valuable as a trade chip and Calderon makes much more sense to keep for next season. With Bosh likely gone, the Raptors need Calderon's playmaking ability and of the two, Calderon would probably cause fewer distractions when the team starts losing.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

At some point you need to stop playing poker and start living up to promises. Jack fits what Colangelo is preaching. He needs to stay.

Comment

If Jack and Bosh and Hedo be all gone, who is going to be the leader of this team ???

Comment

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              I've always liked Jack, but he's far more valuable as a trade chip and Calderon makes much more sense to keep for next season. With Bosh likely gone, the Raptors need Calderon's playmaking ability and of the two, Calderon would probably cause fewer distractions when the team starts losing.
              After watching Calderon this season, I can't help thinking that his horrible defense probably costs the team as many points or more than his playmaking ability makes up for.

I'd rather keep the good relationship of Jack, Demar and Weems together to strengthen the locker room than Calderon. Based on what I've seen, NONE of the Europeans have gelled with the rest of the team.

Keep Turk as point forward, whose stock could rise with a good season. Trade Calderon, who doesn't appear to have much else to offer.... and allow those young American players to continue to build a strong, cohesive core.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Are you suggesting these guys to be the leader of this team ?
                I hope you are being sarcastic but in case you are not, Can you tell us why these two qualify as a leader ? I hope you are not suggesting the notion of your best player should be your leader since that failed miserably with Bosh.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                  Are you suggesting these guys to be the leader of this team ?
                  I hope you are being sarcastic but in case you are not, Can you tell us why these two qualify as a leader ? I hope you are not suggesting the notion of your best player should be your leader since that failed miserably with Bosh.
                  No sarcasm at all. They're it. I'm not saying they're ready or fit to be leaders but they're it.

Also, typically the best player is the leader. You can find me examples contrary but the majority of teams have the best player at the leader. Especially the Champs.

Comment

No sarcasm at all. They're it. I'm not saying they're ready or fit to be leaders but they're it.

Also, typically the best player is the leader. You can find me examples contrary but the majority of teams have the best player at the leader. Especially the Champs.
                    I think both those guys, and Weems and Johnson will have break out years. Think of it as everyone fighting for CB's throne.

Comment

There are cases where the best player is the leader and usually in Championship teams since those guys have it in them.

Leadership is not something you give someone and hope for the best. It is not related to your Basketball playing skills or ... It is something that you are born with and have it in you.

It is a talent that needs to be nourished but you have to have to begin with. AB has not showed anything that tells me he is a leader. He does not have the heart, nor the drive and the respect.

DD is too young and he did not show anything either. He may end up showing us that he has all the qualities of a true leader, but he has not yet. I think I rather wait till he shows me flashes of leadership skills before I hand over my team to him.

This Raptor team needs some experienced players who can mentor these guys. They need players who can lead this guys and help them to keep their heads up when time is getting tough and continue to fight since time will get tough for these guys this season.

I am sorry but I don't think AB and DD will cut it.

Comment

I didn't say they'll cut it. You asked who the leaders will be this season and I told you. Welcome to the rebuild.

Comment

At some point you need to stop playing poker and start living up to promises. Jack fits what Colangelo is preaching. He needs to stay.
                          exactly you are trying to build around a team of guys who all get each other and mesh well. jack,demar,amir,sonny now it seems dorsey and davis all mesh really well and that's a good thing. plus, they all work hard on their game and have fun they fit the mold perfectly.

jose's a nice guy too but he's been here too long and he just hasn't been able to do much.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Calderon and Turkoglu are probably two of the hardest contracts to trade in the league right now. We probably won't see any real trades until july 8th or later when players can officially sign contracts and the teams that miss out on the big names may want to make moves.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              Calderon can't really be called a playmaker to begin with, though. He's a more of a low risk facilitator if anything. I think you really want to be able to get out and run some more with the young gunz too, which Jose has shown little desire or ability to do.

I think he has to be the first to go, especially if the team intends to instill a new culture focusing on defense, and you really can't do that when your veteran leader is also the team's most unwilling defender.

Comment

Working...
                              X