Did Colangelo Get It All Wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bendit wrote: View Post
    I am surprised no one (unless I missed it) has mentioned that BC's intent was (and probably a good reason why he was hired) to turn the Raps into Suns north. Run & gun. He failed to understand his personnel (eg. no pg like Nash) and made many moves to further this philosophy. The last 2-3 yrs has been spent essentially trying to acquire players to ostensibly improve the team in a modified approach (to the run&gun) but also to impress Bosh enough to have him stay. I would not be surprised if he did not consult CB on at least the Triano hire and the Hedo signing. The philosophy was the mistake...and impatience and trading picks.
    And there is the problem since Bosh sucks at this aspect, and why BC is not sad to see him go. The players here now are lending to a more up and down team...except Bargnani. He has to disappear too since he cannot do this, unless they just spot him on the 3pt line to draw out bigs and open the paint.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
      However, for the last 2 years, he has failed as a GM. His gambles did not pay off and he was even on the losing end of the 50-50 situations.

His hiring of Triano was the biggest mistake ( if he was not forced by the up stair people in the organization).

I think this is his last summer in Toronto and it is all on him to do the following:

1) Move Bosh and get something of a value in return.

2) Move Hedo

3) Move Jose

4) Move Reggie and Banks

All of the above are hard tasks to do but his resume will be judged based on that and his ability to bounce back and put us on the right rebuilding process.

Anything short of the 4 above and he has officially failed miserably and should be next to go.

I agree with the above. He also needs to get a solid center for the team and a better pg .... these have been needed for awhile now

Comment

i think he started to head in the right direction when he got marioin as you saw he was helping to carry the team even though we had some key injuries.

i don't know why he didn't just give him like 9 mill. a year instead of giving turk like 11
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

BC is partly to blame, but i rest the blame on Bosh. Eventhough ive said before that you take a player in and make use of his skills and not convert him to something that you want him to be, i ease on this sentiment when it comes to Bosh. For 6 years the Raptors tried to rebuild around him. Nothing worked. Bosh should have tweaked his game to bring out the best in the other players around him. His average assist from 2003-2010 was 1.0 to 2.4. Thats twice in a game he passes a ball to a teammate and that teammate makes a shot. You cant blame colangelo for this. He tried to get the best players around Bosh, but the reputation of this city and the losing record preceded Colangelo. His hands were pretty much tied when it came to trades and signings. MLSE didnt want to shell out more money when the team is not the playing the #1 sport in Canada. No other superstar wanted to come here, unless theyre at the twilight of their career.

Bosh only became the franchise player of this team because he had to. If he was to be traded to the Raptors to become a franchise player, i dont think he'd want to, frankly speaking, if the Raps didnt have a choice but to put Bosh as the centerpiece of this team, i dont think he'd make it this far. Thats why i feel that Bosh is not being loyal to this team. The Raps made him who he is right now. They gave him all the opportunity to shine and he did take advantage of it.

Comment

I have been a big fan of BC since day one. I like how he is aggressive and how he admits to his mistakes and then tries aggressively to fix them.

However, for the last 2 years, he has failed as a GM. His gambles did not pay off and he was even on the losing end of the 50-50 situations.

His hiring of Triano was the biggest mistake ( if he was not forced by the up stair people in the organization).

I think this is his last summer in Toronto and it is all on him to do the following:

1) Move Bosh and get something of a value in return.

2) Move Hedo

3) Move Jose

4) Move Reggie and Banks

All of the above are hard tasks to do but his resume will be judged based on that and his ability to bounce back and put us on the right rebuilding process.

Anything short of the 4 above and he has officially failed miserably and should be next to go.
            thanks for telling us last week's news, hehehe

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              I disagree. I O'Neal killed the flow. When dumped to him it stopped there.

Colangelo tried to make good moves. No one is accusing him of not trying. People are accusing him of not making the right moves. You explain to me how those were the right moves in a convincing case and I'll support you for political office. In the real world the boss takes the blame. In Raptorsland the boss gets a pass because of charisma and big collars.
              You're killing them right now Apollo!

Comment

Typo.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                  BC is partly to blame, but i rest the blame on Bosh. Eventhough ive said before that you take a player in and make use of his skills and not convert him to something that you want him to be, i ease on this sentiment when it comes to Bosh. For 6 years the Raptors tried to rebuild around him. Nothing worked. Bosh should have tweaked his game to bring out the best in the other players around him.
                  This pure B.S. , Stop Hating and use that little brain of yours before coming here and puking all over the board and calling it a post.

There are more than half dozen GMs in this league who think this guy is one of the best in his position and willing to give the man MAX money.

The best two players in the game, Wade and Lebron are trying to get him to play with them because they know it will increase their chance of winning the ring.

"tweaked his game to bring out the best in the other players around him." What a load of crap !! HE did and he did bring the best out of those players. The problem is that those players were crap and add a bad coaching and you have your Raptors.

Then you come out and blame Raptor's failure on this guy. Pure B.S. Pal. You either don't know nothing about Basketball or you are just a dumb ASS.
                  Last edited by Raptor4Ever; Tue Jun 29, 2010, 06:59 PM.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                    thanks for telling us last week's news, hehehe

You are more than welcome Moron , hehehe

Comment

You are more than welcome Moron , hehehe
                      Ease up with the namecalling please. We're all adults here.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                        Ease up with the namecalling please. We're all adults here.
                        Uhh not quite yet right here.

Comment

Working...
                        X