Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Bosh Really Worth $100 Million Plus Over The Next Seven Seasons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Bosh Really Worth $100 Million Plus Over The Next Seven Seasons?

Who is to say that BC wants to resign Bosh given what Bosh and his agent are expecting Bosh to get paid in his new contract?

BC knows that Bosh is going to demand the maximum. BC, Triano and Raptors staff have had more than enough time to evaluate Bosh up close in the locker room, which fans don’t see, and on the court which fans do see by many times only from a simple box score perspective.

Bosh has a history of never having played a full 82 game season in his seven years in the league and of getting injured in the second half of almost every season. He also has bad knees and doesn’t run that well anymore. He certainly can’t keep up with the “Young Gunz”

So maybe MLSE, BC and Triano are thinking? Do we really want to pay Bosh $100 plus million over the next seven years and risk his body falling apart half way through it especially in light of the fact that Bosh's defense is below average.

I would venture to say that maybe MLSE, BC, Triano and staff have decided that Bosh is not worth $100 million plus over the next seven years. You know what. If they have I totally agree.

P.S. Due to concern about Bosh's health history and problems I would not offer him more than a three year guaranteed contract. I would have have no problem making it for say five years at max money for each of the first three years provided years four and five were team option years at less than max money.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Worth is determined based on demand. Bosh is worth whatever his highest bidder is willing to pay. With that in mind he is worth more than a maximum contract because there would be teams willing to pay more than that.

He's probably not with that to the Raptors. No doubt.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Worth is determined based on demand. Bosh is worth whatever his highest bidder is willing to pay. With that in mind he is worth more than a maximum contract because there would be teams willing to pay more than that.

Apollo I knew you were going to come with your canned response.

Bosh is not worth $100 plus million to the Raptors over the next seven seasons in my opinion. If the market wants to pay it fine. Let some other team overpay for him. MLSE along with anyone else who may eventually fork over that kind of money for Bosh over seven years would be making a big mistake in my opinion.

In my opinion Bosh is not worth $100 million as a good investment. As a lousy "Bubble" investment some team may pay him that, however, that does not mean that it will be a solid basketball investment, which it will be not in my opinion.

Markets rarely price something at a reasonable rate of return. Most of the time items are either under priced or over priced compared to their true economic value. That is how investors come to make or lose money.

Basketball players are an investment and an asset. Teams can underpay and get a good investment or overpay and get a bad investment. Successful teams tend to underpay for their investments just enough to get them and keep them. Bad teams overpay for their investments.
      Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Jun 29, 2010, 02:36 PM.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        Apollo I knew you were going to come with your canned response.
        You need to specify what kind of worth you're talking about if you don't like my response. If you don't mean market worth, then specify what kind of worth you're talking about.

Bosh is not worth $100 plus million to the Raptors over the next seven seasons in my opinion.
        Good thing I said this:

Let some other team overpay for him. MLSE along with anyone else who may eventually fork over that kind of money for Bosh over seven years would be making a big mistake in my opinion.

So Bosh is not worth $100 million as a good investment. As a lousy "Bubble" investment some team may pay him that, however, that does not mean that it will be a solid basketball investment, which it will not in my opinion.
        Market value dictates that it's not overpaying. Personal value probably dictates that it's not overpaying depending on what team he lands on. The goal of the game for those who matter is to win championships. If adding Bosh allows them to do that then he's a good investment. If he gives them a strong chance then in their opinion he's probably a good investment.

Comment

Basketball players are an investment and an asset. Teams can underpay and get a good investment or overpay and get a bad investment. Successful teams tend to underpay for their investments just enough to get them and keep them. Bad teams overpay for their investments.
          Yeah and this is why the two of the highest spending teams were in the finals this year and the team with the largest cap won back to back titles and went to the finals three years in a row. This is why almost all teams that were paying luxury taxes made the playoffs last year.

Comment

Buddahfan: I think at this point, what MLSE/we as Raps fans thinks he is worth is irrelevant, since he seems to have no interest in staying, and can get max money elsewhere. No point in quibbling about the value/salary of a guy who isn't going to be on your team anyway.

Comment

You need to specify what kind of worth you're talking about if you don't like my response. If you don't mean market worth, then specify what kind of worth you're talking about.

Good thing I said this:

Market value dictates that it's not overpaying. Personal value probably dictates that it's not overpaying depending on what team he lands on. The goal of the game for those who matter is to win championships. If adding Bosh allows them to do that then he's a good investment. If he gives them a strong chance then in their opinion he's probably a good investment.
              Agreed.

If Bosh can command that money in the market, then he's worth that amount. I don't see why we would care anyway, since it's unlikely he'll even give the Raps the OPPORTUNITY to offer him the money.

Comment

Is Bosh really worth $100 million over 7 seasons?

Is this thread even worth discussing?

BC has said repeatedly that Bosh is the corner stone of the franchise and wants to re-sign him and has offered him a max contract already, which Bosh turned down.

Not much more to debate after that.

Comment

His offensive production is worth 75 million but his defense is worth about 50,000. Let someone else deal with his uneffective defense.. Thanks

Comment

His defense is going to look pretty darn good this coming season when he has people helping him and a good coach. How do I know this? Because he was one of the best defenders at the Olympics for the U.S. team.

Comment

His defense is going to look pretty darn good this coming season when he has people helping him and a good coach. How do I know this? Because he was one of the best defenders at the Olympics for the U.S. team.
                      This

Comment

I just hope he does get a max contract somewhere else, so that he'll never ever get the chance to become a raptor again. im thinking 2 years down the road his will become one of the NBA's top bloated contracts coz of his injuries and inability to finish strong.

i think all those years playing for a sub-par raptor team really kicked his stock up. only after i see him produce the same numbers on a contender will i become a believer.

Comment

no, trhey are trying to keep bosh so they can continue to have a suyperstar on their team to back up that they can contend so they can get money while continuing to live in mediocrity with this team.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

BC must sign him if he can, and then maybe we can trade him next year and get more value in return.

Comment

No, he's soft, he's a diva, RuPaul as he's known around the league.

Mikki Moore owned his ass in the playoffs. KG and Sheed owned his ass every time he played against them.

Good bye Bosh, we won't miss you.

Comment

Working...
                              X