Who Will Be Captain Next Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Will Be Captain Next Season?

If Bosh leaves, who do you think will be captain next season? I would be upset if it was bargs, but I think it will probably be him. I wouldn't mind Jack, or we could throw it at Demar and hope he earns it...

Based on the roster we have now, it would probably be Jack. Our roster is probably going to look much different next year though so I wouldn't worry about it now, especially because leadership roles evolve over time. Personally, I don't think DeRozan should be captain just yet though because he needs much more experience.

Comment

NBA teams have captains?

Geez, who cares? Give it to the mascot.

Comment

Right now? Bargnani. Forget logic, this is about politics.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Right now? Bargnani. Forget logic, this is about politics.
          I am in the "who cares" group. Bargs would be a terrible choice coming out the gate.

Anyone anointed must have the backing/confidence of not just the team but the coach as well. If we thought Bosh was not vocal or in your face enough.....

I am on the fence with BC at this time. If he did that it would be a changer for me. I dont know what rationale he could possibly use. Let them fight it out in the locker room. One will emerge naturally.

Comment

I'D say if jaks not In LA it has to be him.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              I am in the "who cares" group. Bargs would be a terrible choice coming out the gate.

Anyone anointed must have the backing/confidence of not just the team but the coach as well. If we thought Bosh was not vocal or in your face enough.....

I am on the fence with BC at this time. If he did that it would be a changer for me. I dont know what rationale he could possibly use. Let them fight it out in the locker room. One will emerge naturally.
              Everyone would be a terrible choice on the team now. They're all in the groups of either "not ready" or "not fit".

In my opinion, I doubt Colangelo is going to allow the captain to be a guy who's on the block. Even if Jack doesn't get moved this summer that doesn't mean he's not gone by the deadline.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Everyone would be a terrible choice on the team now. They're all in the groups of either "not ready" or "not fit".

In my opinion, I doubt Colangelo is going to allow the captain to be a guy who's on the block. Even if Jack doesn't get moved this summer that doesn't mean he's not gone by the deadline.
                EXCEPT the mascot... lots of experience and he's been with the team quite a while. I made it as a joke, but now that I think about it, making the mascot the captain of the team would be a fitting commentary for the Raps this season.

Comment

Captains in the NBA are barely important. The leader of the team doesn't have to be the captain. They just do the crap at halfcourt before the game and talk to the refs. I have no idea, but if Jose is around he's been here the longest, so let him do it.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I actually think this matters, it's someone you look to for leadership which, as I've mentioned a million times, has been sorely lacking on the Raptors. I would give it to Jarrett Jack but that guy gets too moody at times, can't really think of anyone else.

Comment

I agree, the Raptors do need a leader. Leaders are important and I don't think Bosh was very good at that, but he was the captain because he was the best player. I don't know if there's anyone left who can be a de-facto leader so in that sense whoever is named captain isn't a big deal.

It's way too early to guess anyway, who knows what this team will look like after training camp. Jose or Jack is fine with me...I imagine Turk would be the vet of the team but yeah, that's not going to happen.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

wasn't rasho a team captain at one point?
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

With the current roster we have, I see Jack as the most suitable. Hopefully we can get someone better from all the trades we're about to do, but it wouldn't be so bad if it falls on Jack.

Bargnani? Please.... Derozan? hasn't showed any qualities yet. Maybe in the future, who knows.

Comment

Everyone agrees that the Raptors need improved defense, hustle and effort so who better exemplifies those qualities to their fullest on the Raptors then Amir Johnson? He also has a great relationship with the media.

Despite what some people say, he will be returning and he would be a great captain.
                            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                              Everyone agrees that the Raptors need improved defense, hustle and effort so who better exemplifies those qualities to their fullest on the Raptors then Amir Johnson? He also has a great relationship with the media.

Despite what some people say, he will be returning and he would be a great captain.
                              no, it can't be amir the best fit will be whoever's left between calderjack.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                              X