Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LeBatard & Ford: Bosh to Miami (Update on Pg. 6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sleepz wrote: View Post
    Beasley is NOT a SF. He is as much a SF as Bargnani was. He is a PF and if they try and play him out of position it will only further serve to screw up this team even more. If they are going to trade for Beasley then they have to play him at his natural position.
    You're right, he's a PF. He is a PF who happens to be able to finish with both hands and handle the basketball. He has a similar skill set to Jamison. No one is doubting Jamison's natural position is PF but no one doubts he can play SF given his skill set. Hell, Hedo is the same size as Beasley and people naturally view him as a SF, go figure. Skills might have something to do with the perception of Hedo. I disagree about further screwing up the team. The team is in rebuild. It's a time when you experiment and try different things. Weems and DeRozan aren't big enough to handle SF posting them up on the block.

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Just Another Heat commentator/writer/fan wishing and praying that Riley can get rid of Beasley.
    Like someone said earlier, this gentleman has a lot of respect and a good name. I'm doubtful he would report something like this unless he was certain.
    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jun 30, 2010, 11:33 AM.

Comment

True that. And the S&T options with Miami are WAY better than Chicago. There is no way they're giving up Noah. Soooo...Gibson? No thanks.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        It's been said a bunch of times that the Raptors are looking to trade Jose and/or Jarrett. I think this further establishes that.
        I hope it is Jose and Not Jack.

Also, do you know how long is Chalmbers and Anthony's contract ?

Comment

i hope its jack not jose

Comment

Is taking any willing passengers on the Beasely bandwagon. I've been circling the wagons for some time now and still haven't picked up many stragglers.

The kid has crazy talent and a crazy head. I hope the straight edge young gunz can sort him out and he doesn't become 'Beasley the kid' and turn them all into renegade outlaws.

Don't sleep on Chalmers either, its hard to play point guard when your sg takes the ball up the floor and doesn't let you run the offense. I really liked him two years ago and he sort of fell of a cliff last year.

The Beasely move really only works if he can play SF. If Hedo has more lateral quickness than Beasely I quit, it really doesn't make sense how one of the slowest guys in the league can play SF, but the Beasely can't.

Comment

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm

They've updated for 2010. Hilarious
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Uh, before everyone jumps to conclusions, exactly who has Bosh agreed to a contract with? Certainly not Miami, since he can't have spoken with them and Miami can't have spoken to anyone representing Bosh. It doesn't matter that Wade and Bosh share the same agent because the agent cannot discuss Bosh with Miami or else it's tampering.

Besides, does anyone really think Bosh would sign with Miami without talking to other teams?

This is obviously nonsense to anyone who thinks about it for more than 2 seconds.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  Uh, before everyone jumps to conclusions, exactly who has Bosh agreed to a contract with? Certainly not Miami, since he can't have spoken with them and Miami can't have spoken to anyone representing Bosh. It doesn't matter that Wade and Bosh share the same agent because the agent cannot discuss Bosh with Miami or else it's tampering.

Besides, does anyone really think Bosh would sign with Miami without talking to other teams?

This is obviously nonsense to anyone who thinks about it for more than 2 seconds.
                  Well, that's what I thought, but according to others here that's apparently a valid way around the tampering rule. Does anyone actually KNOW the tampering rule who might be able to explain to us how this is possible?

Comment

it's just another rumour...he said that's what he heard...plenty of reputed people have shared what they've heard and some will end up being right, and some will end up being wrong. He doesn't know anything.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                      Am I the only one who doesn't understand, in this cotton-pickin' shamtacular madness that has become the NBA 2010 free-agency, why on earth Bosh would choose Miami over Chicago?
                      Because he'd only share the spotlight with one other person in Miami. Where in Chicago he'd have to share it with Rose, LeBron (assuming he's going there) and Noah. As much as Bosh wants a championship, he also wants to go where his ego will be stroked too. For that, Miami's certainly the better option along side Wade. JMO

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        You're right, he's a PF. He is a PF who happens to be able to finish with both hands and handle the basketball. He has a similar skill set to Jamison. No one is doubting Jamison's natural position is PF but no one doubts he can play SF given his skill set. Hell, Hedo is the same size as Beasley and people naturally view him as a SF, go figure. Skills might have something to do with the perception of Hedo. I disagree about further screwing up the team. The team is in rebuild. It's a time when you experiment and try different things. Weems and DeRozan aren't big enough to handle SF posting them up on the block.

Like someone said earlier, this gentleman has a lot of respect and a good name. I'm doubtful he would report something like this unless he was certain.
                        Riley would give anything except maybe his rings, his wife and his job to unload Beasley. The only question is. Is BC that stupid to take him?
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                          True that. And the S&T options with Miami are WAY better than Chicago. There is no way they're giving up Noah. Soooo...Gibson? No thanks.
                          What??

Miami S&T can get us, what, Beasley and Chalmers? a draft pick?

Chicago S&T can get us Luol Deng, James Johnson and Taj Gibson. Deng is far and away the best option for us between any of the likely teams Bosh is reputed to want to sign with. James Johnson is a good prospect as is Gibson. Gibson would make great fodder for future trades if people see us as having too many 4's - he's a future double double machine.

We already have 2 decent PG's. 3 if you count Banks, which I do. All 3 are at least capable of whatever Chalmers might bring to the table.

Comment

I think I'm missing something here. If TO gets back those three players, then Miami only has under contract Bosh and Wade. With 2 max contracts,and their roster gutted, there isn't a lot of room to sign anyone else of substance.
                            Wouldn't they have to fill out their roster with minimum level guys?
                            That's not a team I would want to play on.

Comment

Beasley only has 1 year left on his contract at $5M, the next is a team option...it's not quite as horrible as it seems. Not good, but it would only be temporary.

Comment

This is the first rumour I honestly believe because Dan LeBatard is as credible as they come. He would never make something like this up.

And does it really matter what kind of assets we get back at this point? We still have no idea what will become of Turkoglu, Calderon/Jack, even Amir, so I'm all for grabbing these 3. It'll still give us a nice $7M trade exception, and hopefully a draft pick or two.

For anyone who doesn't follow the Heat, Chalmers is an EXCELLENT defender at the PG spot. That's why he's in the league. He's an OK shooter too, but his defence is where he hangs his hat.

Anthony, best shot blocker in the league, Canadian, done.

Beasley, probably not gonna be Raptor next year regardless. I would fully expect him to be flipped somewhere else for a wing or more picks. No way he fits in with ED and Bargnani, never mind Amir.

Comment

Working...
                                X