Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LeBatard & Ford: Bosh to Miami (Update on Pg. 6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jrdyck wrote: View Post
    This is the first rumour I honestly believe because Dan LeBatard is as credible as they come. He would never make something like this up.

And does it really matter what kind of assets we get back at this point? We still have no idea what will become of Turkoglu, Calderon/Jack, even Amir, so I'm all for grabbing these 3. It'll still give us a nice $7M trade exception, and hopefully a draft pick or two.

For anyone who doesn't follow the Heat, Chalmers is an EXCELLENT defender at the PG spot. That's why he's in the league. He's an OK shooter too, but his defence is where he hangs his hat.

Anthony, best shot blocker in the league, Canadian, done.

Beasley, probably not gonna be Raptor next year regardless. I would fully expect him to be flipped somewhere else for a wing or more picks. No way he fits in with ED and Bargnani, never mind Amir.
    Good post. BC has to get creative with reformulating the team. I hope our first comes back as well.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      Well, according to Grange this rumour (like almost every other one) can be tossed in the "false" bin.

Link: http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2601
      Why is Grange trying to kill a fun thread?

This is too funny "“There is no truth to that,” said one source with knowledge of the situation."...in Grange's piece. Lebatard I think said the same thing. I think Lebatard would have a better source than Grange seeing as how Lebatard kind of hangs around Riley quite a bit in Miami.

Comment

I also trust what Lebatard is saying more than Grange.

Comment

I trust no one right now.

God could tell me what's going to happen and I'd say get lost.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post
            Well, that's what I thought, but according to others here that's apparently a valid way around the tampering rule. Does anyone actually KNOW the tampering rule who might be able to explain to us how this is possible?
            No, it's not. Teams are not only allowed to not talk to free agents before July 1st, but anyone representing the free agent. If Wade's agent was even in on a discussion with Miami where Bosh's name came up, it's tampering. There is absolutely no way to get around the tampering rule, and RIley knows far better than to risk getting into trouble by doing something he really doesn't need to do. He would risk a fine but also, if Stern really wanted to send a message, not being allowed to sign Bosh at all.

What I find harder to believe is that people around here seem to believe every single rumour that comes around. It seems that everyone has a source close to LeBron, Wade and Bosh who all say different things. Until it's official, don't believe anything you read.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Conflicting reports about bosh to heat in sign-and-trade deal

http://tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=326147

please someone tell me that this is a lie.

beasley is the biggest cry baby in the NBA, Dude went to 6 different HS.
              He is always blaming his current team for everything that is wrong with his game.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                No, it's not. Teams are not only allowed to not talk to free agents before July 1st, but anyone representing the free agent. If Wade's agent was even in on a discussion with Miami where Bosh's name came up, it's tampering. There is absolutely no way to get around the tampering rule, and RIley knows far better than to risk getting into trouble by doing something he really doesn't need to do. He would risk a fine but also, if Stern really wanted to send a message, not being allowed to sign Bosh at all.
                On the Fan590 a couple days ago, BC referred to Lebron's group has already set appointments to meet with a bunch of NBA teams already, and that is technically against the rules.

And nothing is being done about that.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                  On the Fan590 a couple days ago, BC referred to Lebron's group has already set appointments to meet with a bunch of NBA teams already, and that is technically against the rules.

And nothing is being done about that.
                  There's a big difference between setting up appointments (which, yes, is against the rules) and negotiating a deal, You're in Joe Smith territory then.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

From Michael Wallace - covers the Miami Heat in the NBA for the Miami Herald.

Top-level source insists Raptors have no interest in Heat's Mike Beasley or Mario Chalmers & seek $16 mil trade except.

Comment

The main constant today seems to be Bosh to Miami. The trade exception sounds better than the rumored alternative... No wonder they're rumored to value it more.

Comment

Multiple Sources

multiple GMs who are after Bosh think he's going to Miami now
                        Source: Chad Ford's Twitter

Comment

Working...
                        X