Smith Feels Bosh Will Be Listening to Other Offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith Feels Bosh Will Be Listening to Other Offers

Doug thinks the list of potential suitors is longer than the couple teams we hear about. (i.e. Chicago, Miami, LA and New York)

Now, Chris Bosh.

I know the hype’s all about Miami and Chicago – people in each city are certain he’s going there, which will be quite the feat unless he’s sending that used car salesman alter ego somewhere while the newly-shorn dude goes to the other place – but I do think there are other teams he’ll listen to.

And should listen to and, who knows, he might even like what he hears.

If he’s looking purely for fit and to be one of the leaders, I think he’d have to listen quite seriously to the inevitable Houston pitch and I think if San Antonio called he’d be a fool not to take them seriously.

I know there are people in the Raptors organization who hope that, too, trying to pry one of Houston’s best assets (Luis Scola in a dream scenario for Toronto) or some key player in San Antonio (Tony Parker would be the priority target if the Spurs really are in love with George Hill) and that’s what the Raptors hopes happens.

The point is this: People I talk to in the Raptors organization think the list of suitors is far longer than just the three or four cap teams we’ve been hearing about for months.

It may indeed turn out that he decides on the Heat, Bulls, Knicks or even the Nets but don’t at all count out some other franchise getting into the fray and making things interesting.

Now, I’d love to tell you how many teams he’s planning to visit with or entertain but his agent hasn’t returned an e-mail in a week from up here. We’ll try again this afternoon but I don’t hold out much hope.
    Source - Click here

Despite Bosh's claim as to his priorities, I don't believe simply winning a title is what he wants. I think he wants to be seen as a saviour who takes a team from the bottom to the top. The Spurs and Rockets have solid teams with a well-known, veteran roster. Bosh wouldn't be special there.

He wants to be special more than he wants a title.

Smith says Bosh should consider the Spurs and Rockets, but he's presenting a rational roadmap to building a winner. Nothing in Bosh's search would indicate that there's anything rational about his approach.

Comment

He is right. I think at least the following teams will be calling him:

1) NJ
      2) New York
      3) Chicago
      4) Cleavland
      5) Heat
      6) OKC
      7) Rockets
      8) Dallas
      9) Spurs
      10) Lakers
      11) Jazz

I expect all these teams to make a call to his agent. However, I think Heat, Chicago are on top of his list.

Comment

1.miami
        2.chicago
        3.new york
        4.NJ
        5.cleveland
        6.lakers
        7.houston
        8.mavericks
        9.OKC
        10.spurs
        ya dun noe

Comment

Christ just get this over with.

He's going to go somewhere to be the sidekick and not the man.

The end.

Comment

even if he is the side kick he will be known as the guy because he helped someone get over that hump. Wade needed Shaq, then had no one, Lebron thought with shaq he could do it but couldn't.
            lets say the 2011 NBA finals is over, and everyone is celebrating saying "Wade and or Lebron" could never have done it without Chris Bosh. Bosh will be seen as the main reason why anyone helps win a championship.

I hope he pulls a Ron Artest and just yells out something like "GARDINER EXPRESS WAY!!!!" hahahah

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post
              .... I think he wants to be seen as a saviour who takes a team from the bottom to the top. ....
              Well , ain't nowhere to go in the T-Dot but up?

Comment

.... I think he wants to be seen as a saviour who takes a team from the bottom to the top. ....

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X