Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack North
    replied
    How can they say the Jack signing was a disaster? That's an absolutely ridiculous statement for anyone to say. Didn't he average something close to 14 and 6 as a starter? Not to mention he was the only thing on last years teams that resembled a leader.

I'd take a backcourt of Jack and Blake, but it wouldn't necessarily be a better tandem tha Jose/Jack. You get more D out of Blake but more O out of Jose. The only bonus is that Steve Blake is almost half as cheap.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Steve Blake is better than both Jose and Jack in my mind. I like the idea of bringing him in. Blake is underrated.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    started a topic Raptors Apparently Interested in Steve Blake

Raptors Apparently Interested in Steve Blake

Hmmm .... if this is true, that would only mean that the likelihood of a Jose-Jack backcourt is almost officially "ovah".

Anyhow, I've always loved Blake ever since days back at Maryland as a Terrapin. A gritty player, decent defender with a pass first mentality. I like the possibility alot.

Sources say Blake, who averaged 7.3 points and 4.8 assists in 80 games last season with Portland and then with Clippers, is drawing the strongest interest from Orlando, New York and Toronto, with the Lakers and the Bobcats also being in the mix.

With that in mind, Blake, 30, is said to be able to command a contract around the $4.93 million he made last season, something that might not be possible if it were a stronger point-guard class.

While the Knicks are still waiting to see if they can get LeBron James, sources said the Raptors also are in a holding pattern. They have a pair of point guards in Jose Calderon and Jarrett Jack they're looking to trade.

Jack would be the preference to move since he was a disaster after being signed last summer primarily because he had played at Georgia Tech with Chris Bosh, whom the Raptors were trying to keep happy. But the Raptors certainly wouldn't complain about moving Calderon, who slumped badly last season.

If a sign-and-trade could be worked out for the departure of free-agent Bosh, the Raptors might look to try to have the team getting Bosh also take Calderon or Jack in the deal. Then Toronto would have more interest in signing a point guard such as Blake.
    Source - Click here
Working...
X