Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rookie Rankings 2010-2011 Crystal Ball

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rookie Rankings 2010-2011 Crystal Ball

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...kings-20100701

    10. Ed Davis(notes), Toronto Raptors

    Last Week: NR | Drafted: 13
    With Chris Bosh most likely headed out of town, the Raptors will need Davis to step in and produce immediately. He brings a defensive presence in the middle (Davis led the ACC with 2.8 blocks per game in his sophomore season) and should become a double-digit rebounder. He may never become a big-time scorer, but he has the potential to become an All-Star down the road. For now, the Raptors will settle for a player with double-double potential.


    Being a top ten rookie is not a bad thing at all for Davis

  • #2
    The list includes Blake Griffin, too, so it's actually saying he was the 9th best pick. At least for next season. Interestingly, the Clippers other big rookie, Aminu, isn't on the list. Maybe he's assuming he'll suffer a season ending injury.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

    Comment


    • #3
      Tim W. wrote: View Post
      The list includes Blake Griffin, too, so it's actually saying he was the 9th best pick. At least for next season. Interestingly, the Clippers other big rookie, Aminu, isn't on the list. Maybe he's assuming he'll suffer a season ending injury.
      Well Davis was a consensus Top 10 pick, and shocked everyone that he fell. His upside is immense, He could be 7 points, 8 rebounds, 1.5 blocks his first season and that would be great for us. We have enough scorers.

      Comment


      • #4
        Realist wrote: View Post
        Well Davis was a consensus Top 10 pick, and shocked everyone that he fell. His upside is immense, He could be 7 points, 8 rebounds, 1.5 blocks his first season and that would be great for us. We have enough scorers.
        Personally, I had him as the 6th best rookie in the draft, which is one reason I was so thrilled when he dropped.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

        Comment


        • #5
          The reality is is that Davis right now is behind Reggie on the depth chart. Reggie has indicated that he is now fully healed from his ankle injury and ready to kick ass in 2010-11. I think he will probably start with the rookies in October.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

          Memories some so sweet, indeed

          Larger Photo of the avatar



          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

          Comment


          • #6
            I really enjoyed watching Bosh start out as a rookie and develop into a potential MVP candidate. Same with Carter. Hopefully we'll get to see Ed Davis mature into an all-star as well. A kid who we can all cheer for as he works and develops into a polished NBA vet. Davis possesses some attributes that Carter and Bosh lacked. He loves defense and he never takes plays off. Can't wait to see him hit the floor even if he struggles at first. Two good drafts in a row for Colangelo. Davis, DeRozan, these are the kind of prospects teams need to bring in to grow strong from the inside out.

            Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            The reality is is that Davis right now is behind Reggie on the depth chart. Reggie has indicated that he is now fully healed from his ankle injury and ready to kick ass in 2010-11. I think he will probably start with the rookies in October.
            I totally disagree. This team is in rebuild mode now. Reggie Evans isn't part of the plan long term and he may not even make it through the summer or next season as a Raptor. Ed Davis is the future and Ed Davis will be battling Amir Johnson for the starting spot come camp.
            Last edited by Apollo; Sat Jul 3, 2010, 10:07 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Apollo wrote: View Post
              Ed Davis will be battling Amir Johnson for the starting spot come camp.
              Okay if you say so.

              If Davis winds up starting then I will personally go and kick Amir's butt all the way back to Los Angeles. LOL
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

              Memories some so sweet, indeed

              Larger Photo of the avatar



              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

              Comment


              • #8
                If you can explain to me how it makes sense for Reggie Evans to be ahead of Amir or Ed in the depth chart I would be thrilled to hear it. Ed is the biggest threat to Amir's PT and spotlight this coming season.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Apollo wrote: View Post
                  If you can explain to me how it makes sense for Reggie Evans to be ahead of Amir or Ed in the depth chart I would be thrilled to hear it. Ed is the biggest threat to Amir's PT and spotlight this coming season.
                  Definitely. If Evans plays more than a lick each game, it will either be because Davis is adjusting poorly or to showcase Evans for a trade. No way you play someone like Evans (no upside, little more than a hard-working rebounder, and a complete offensive liability) ahead of Davis otherwise.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Apollo wrote: View Post
                    If you can explain to me how it makes sense for Reggie Evans to be ahead of Amir or Ed in the depth chart I would be thrilled to hear it. Ed is the biggest threat to Amir's PT and spotlight this coming season.
                    The Depth Chart is

                    Center - Bargnani/?
                    PF - Johnson/Evans
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

                    Memories some so sweet, indeed

                    Larger Photo of the avatar



                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think most Raptors fans are in dream land about Davis. You guys/gals complained all season about DeRozan, some of it definitely justified, and Davis is not near as talented as DeRozan.

                      I am willing to bet that no one on this forum has seen him play more than a handful of games at the most.

                      I am not saying that some day he might be a good defender in the NBA, but I doubt that he will every have an offense, just like people are still doubting that Johnson will ever have an offense.

                      Right now I see Alabi with more upside than Davis and more likely to become a starter in the NBA than Davis.
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

                      Memories some so sweet, indeed

                      Larger Photo of the avatar



                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        I think most Raptors fans are in dream land about Davis. You guys/gals complained all season about DeRozan, some of it definitely justified, and Davis is not near as talented as DeRozan.

                        I am willing to bet that no one on this forum has seen him play more than a handful of games at the most.

                        I am not saying that some day he might be a good defender in the NBA, but I doubt that he will every have an offense, just like people are still doubting that Johnson will ever have an offense.

                        Right now I see Alabi with more upside than Davis and more likely to become a starter in the NBA than Davis.
                        For the record, I have never, ever complained about DeRozan, and I am certainly not in dreamland with either player. Even if DeRozan has more upside than Davis, Davis has qualities that we will find useful going forward. Even if he isn't as good a rebounder as Evans right now, at least Davis has the potential to be a better defender than Evans and in other areas as well. That is the biggest reason you play him ahead of an old, expiring contract. Neither player will make this a .500+ team next year.

                        The thing I like most about the word upside is it usually means unfulfilled potential. Upside is nice and gives you hope and all that, but it is useless if it's never actualized. Bargnani has immense upside, but little hope of reaching it. DeRozan has excellent upside, but based on what? I think Alabi has more upside than Davis as well due to his size, but that's about it. And I will frankly disagree with you that Alabi is more likely to become a legit NBA starter, unless you mean simply displace Bargnani for defense purposes, in which case that hardly means anything. :-p

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                          I think most Raptors fans are in dream land about Davis. You guys/gals complained all season about DeRozan, some of it definitely justified, and Davis is not near as talented as DeRozan.

                          I am willing to bet that no one on this forum has seen him play more than a handful of games at the most.

                          I am not saying that some day he might be a good defender in the NBA, but I doubt that he will every have an offense, just like people are still doubting that Johnson will ever have an offense.

                          Right now I see Alabi with more upside than Davis and more likely to become a starter in the NBA than Davis.
                          lol thats pretty funny davis might be a starter by the middle of this season but it would be interesting to see alabi at center and bargs at pf and turk at sf thats a huge front court.. also wanted to mention BC is never in rebuild mode and amir johnson got paid way to much for a player that has basically proven nothing.. he will always be an energy guy off the bench who gets shut down against good defensive teams.. he should of got paid what hes worth 4 years 20 million

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            does ed davis have the potential to be as good as bosh?
                            ya dun noe

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              not even close he has the potential of becoming as good as maybe al horford?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X