Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo
    replied
    If you can explain to me how it makes sense for Reggie Evans to be ahead of Amir or Ed in the depth chart I would be thrilled to hear it. Ed is the biggest threat to Amir's PT and spotlight this coming season.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Ed Davis will be battling Amir Johnson for the starting spot come camp.
    Okay if you say so.

If Davis winds up starting then I will personally go and kick Amir's butt all the way back to Los Angeles. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I really enjoyed watching Bosh start out as a rookie and develop into a potential MVP candidate. Same with Carter. Hopefully we'll get to see Ed Davis mature into an all-star as well. A kid who we can all cheer for as he works and develops into a polished NBA vet. Davis possesses some attributes that Carter and Bosh lacked. He loves defense and he never takes plays off. Can't wait to see him hit the floor even if he struggles at first. Two good drafts in a row for Colangelo. Davis, DeRozan, these are the kind of prospects teams need to bring in to grow strong from the inside out.

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    The reality is is that Davis right now is behind Reggie on the depth chart. Reggie has indicated that he is now fully healed from his ankle injury and ready to kick ass in 2010-11. I think he will probably start with the rookies in October.
    I totally disagree. This team is in rebuild mode now. Reggie Evans isn't part of the plan long term and he may not even make it through the summer or next season as a Raptor. Ed Davis is the future and Ed Davis will be battling Amir Johnson for the starting spot come camp.
    Last edited by Apollo; Sat Jul 3, 2010, 09:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Buddahfan
    replied
    The reality is is that Davis right now is behind Reggie on the depth chart. Reggie has indicated that he is now fully healed from his ankle injury and ready to kick ass in 2010-11. I think he will probably start with the rookies in October.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    Realist wrote: View Post
    Well Davis was a consensus Top 10 pick, and shocked everyone that he fell. His upside is immense, He could be 7 points, 8 rebounds, 1.5 blocks his first season and that would be great for us. We have enough scorers.
    Personally, I had him as the 6th best rookie in the draft, which is one reason I was so thrilled when he dropped.

Leave a comment:

• Realist
    replied
    Tim W. wrote: View Post
    The list includes Blake Griffin, too, so it's actually saying he was the 9th best pick. At least for next season. Interestingly, the Clippers other big rookie, Aminu, isn't on the list. Maybe he's assuming he'll suffer a season ending injury.
    Well Davis was a consensus Top 10 pick, and shocked everyone that he fell. His upside is immense, He could be 7 points, 8 rebounds, 1.5 blocks his first season and that would be great for us. We have enough scorers.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    The list includes Blake Griffin, too, so it's actually saying he was the 9th best pick. At least for next season. Interestingly, the Clippers other big rookie, Aminu, isn't on the list. Maybe he's assuming he'll suffer a season ending injury.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    started a topic Rookie Rankings 2010-2011 Crystal Ball

Rookie Rankings 2010-2011 Crystal Ball

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...kings-20100701

10. Ed Davis(notes), Toronto Raptors

Last Week: NR | Drafted: 13
    With Chris Bosh most likely headed out of town, the Raptors will need Davis to step in and produce immediately. He brings a defensive presence in the middle (Davis led the ACC with 2.8 blocks per game in his sophomore season) and should become a double-digit rebounder. He may never become a big-time scorer, but he has the potential to become an All-Star down the road. For now, the Raptors will settle for a player with double-double potential.

Being a top ten rookie is not a bad thing at all for Davis
Working...
X