Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuggets Interested In Bosh?

Guess who could be coming to Toronto

By Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports 6 hours, 12 minutes ago

Toronto Raptors free-agent forward Chris Bosh(notes) went to his hometown of Dallas to rest and contemplate his free-agency options on Saturday after meetings with prospective teams, according to a source.

The Raptors are still open-minded about the possibility of a sign-and-trade with their All-Star and have done extensive research on possible scenarios with each potential trade partner. The Dallas Mavericks, Denver Nuggets and Los Angeles Lakers are among the teams in the luxury tax who have interest in a possible sign-and-trade for Bosh. The San Antonio Spurs and Houston Rockets are other possible sign-and-trade partners.

On Bosh’s and Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade’s(notes) free-agency situations, their agent, Henry Thomas, said via text: “The guys are simply processing all of the info they have received over the past couple of days. Taking some time to take it all in.”

– Marc J. Spears, 10:15 p.m. ET, July 3
    Forget Bynum, forget Scola, Brooks, this is the guy that Raptors fans want

Would Denver trade Carmelo Anthony? Maybe...
    Wed Jun 30,2010 8:53 AM ET By Kurt Helin

Carmelo Anthony is the Denver Nuggets right now.

He is the face of the franchise. He is the best player. He is the guy capable of leading them deep into the playoffs.

He is also the guy that could be a free agent next summer. So far, Anthony has been the anti-LeBron, saying he wants to stay in Denver and starting to negotiate with the franchise about an extension. A three-year, $65 million offer is on the table.

Melo told Denver he wants to see a commitment to winning before he signs it.

If he doesn't sign it, the Nuggets may trade his rather than face the possibility of losing him for nothing as a free agent next summer, according to the Denver Post's Mark Kiszla.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...hony-maybe.php

Make it happen BC
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Seriously what a waste of time....Carmello for Bosh....Yeah thats going to happen...

Maybe will get kobe too....Wake up dude....Maybe Bosh gets moved to Denver and we get Ty Lawson, the bird man, a first round pick and a trade exception or something similar but we aint getting Carmello...

Sorry to be the voice of reason but it is what it is.....

Comment

I think Denver being interested in a sign-and-trade for Bosh would be another way to entice Melo to stay. Not a swap. Melo wouldn't come to Toronto in million years.

Comment

...And whats with the 3 yr/65 mill. extension offer...shouldnt Carmelo be pissed at that considering the cash being thrown around?

Comment

3 yr/65 mill. seems like an awful lot of cash to me. I'm not sure how many years an extension offer can be. I don't think the Nuggets can offer as many years to him as they could if he was a free agent.

Also: http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nb...oop&id=5349997 Scoop makes some good points about Melo in Chicago, but yeah - I don't think anyone (except on this forum) is saying we'd be getting Melo back. I do Like Lawson, and the Nuggets need a big but Martin and the Birdman are coming off injuries I think.
          Last edited by Mess; Sun Jul 4, 2010, 10:07 AM.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Come on everyone.

Lets try and be a bit more positive

After all if Johnson is staying why wouldn't Carmello want to play for the Raptors?
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
              You people are way too negative
              Negative? Or realistic?

We're rebuilding so I'm not sure why Melo would want any part of that process. He wants a championship and that certainly isn't anything we can offer him anytime soon.

Comment

Ooooo we got Amir Johnson now we just need Livingston and will win the next 9 titles...

Grow up Buddahfan....And please please stop wasting everyones time with B.S...and stick to realistic possibilites for your own credablity (what there is left anyway)
                Last edited by it is what it is; Sun Jul 4, 2010, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Ok, so the Nuggets want to potentially move Melo because they're worried about losing him so the Raptors are going to step up to the plate to land him? Is this free agency and lead up to free agency so much fun that people want to go through this again next summer? Not to mention the question of why would Bosh want to go to Denver is Melo isn't there?

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                    Negative? Or realistic?

We're rebuilding so I'm not sure why Melo would want any part of that process. He wants a championship and that certainly isn't anything we can offer him anytime soon.
                    I really hate when people say your negative when your being realistic...
                    Truth hurts lol

Comment

Carmelo Anthony would be a great player for Raptor fans to start picking apart and criticizing. Questionable defense, inability to get anything done on his own, checkered past. I say get it done! I'd give it about 1 season before fans start jumping on him.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

it is what it is wrote: View Post
                        Seriously what a waste of time....Carmello for Bosh....Yeah thats going to happen...

Maybe will get kobe too....Wake up dude....Maybe Bosh gets moved to Denver and we get Ty Lawson, the bird man, a first round pick and a trade exception or something similar but we aint getting Carmello...

Sorry to be the voice of reason but it is what it is.....
                        i wouldn't be thjat harsh about the possibility but it's true
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Chris Bosh will only got to Denver is Carmelo Anthony is there. Melo won't be the guy coming back in a possible sign and trade.

The Nuggets would trade either Kenyon Martin or Nene and throw some type of incentives on top. Like two first round picks and maybe Ty Lawson.
                          nbaroundtable

Comment

I would love to see Bosh go to Denver. It would be great to see the Nuggets get that final piece they need to give them a real shot at a title.
                            nbaroundtable

Comment

Working...
                            X