Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After All This, Could Bosh Actually Remain a Raptor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After All This, Could Bosh Actually Remain a Raptor?

This from Ken Berger from CBS Sports:

Welcome to the Summer of 2010, where hurry up and wait is the motto.

Wade and Bosh finished their pitch sessions Friday night, when both met with the Bulls. Saturday was the main event, with the Bulls and hometown Cavs having an audience with LeBron amid a surreal scene in downtown Cleveland. One of the executives involved in the recruiting process over the past few days described it this way: Now is when the emotion of the process and the glitz of the presentations fade and reality sets in. Reality, and the known vs. the unknown. And the executive came away with the distinct impression that Wade is staying in Miami, LeBron is staying in Cleveland, and Bosh -- left out to dry in such a scenario -- would then be far more interested in the extra $25-$30 million the Raptors can offer him than he's been for the past 72 hours.

"All these guys know where they're going to go," a person with close ties to one of the players involved in the process said. "This whole thing has just been a spectacle."
    Source - Click here

I'll be a bitter, bitter fan if I have to cheer for CB again next year.

I admit I don't follow Joe Johnson or Rudy Gay like I do CB, but I doubt fans of the Hawks and Grizzlies have the feeling that the entire reason your player came back is for the cash.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

He's a great player and asset, just not a lone gunman. Better to have him and get a running mate for him another way (or hope that a young gunz member turns into one) than to lose him as a FA.

Comment

The Raptors have been trying to get one of those for how many years now?
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I'm not interested in keeping Bosh only after his plan A, B, C, D and E didn't pan out...

Bosh has shown zero tact through this process. I don't want him back.

It turns out Rupaul was the best nickname for this guy, the way he's pimped himself out to the media like an aging C list actor hoping for one last gig.

Comment

This is too funny. Did these boneheads actually think that this is going to work? Granted, in this down economy, owners are still willing to pay top cash but that doesn't mean its the gold standard. Considering the new CBA in the horizon, Mr. "Twit" doesn't have much choice. If you look over your shoulder and see Mr. Pierce staying put while Dirk does the same (for less money than he could get in the open market), the players themselves are now regulating this.

Over the last few days, I've been following just about anything regarding this free-agent fiasco. I have to admit that as critical as I have been with BC, I found new respect for him. He's not playing "hardball" as most people suggest. He's simply being a MAN of his word. Mr. Colangelo, does not read in too much of what's going on because he knows that this will settle soon. He's not an idiot either in helping Bosh, New York, Chicago or Miami while handcuffing the franchise for years to come when he gets fired (if things don't work out). Dirk stayed because the Knicks is a barren wasteland, so did Pierce - although, he will just get lowballed elsewhere and he knows it). As for Gay, it was for money BUT, for the owners of the Grizz, it is about keeping the nucleus of their team. Alas, my final point. The pattern that I'm confident to emerge is keeping the nucleus. Both Wade and LeBron knows their comfort zone. They also know that they cannot play 48 mins. per game and would need a supporting cast around them. Working together as a trio will not work. It won't even work if there's 2 of them. It simply won't. On Monday, when they do make a decision, it will be for their respective careers and teams. Money is not everything.

PS> Quite the contrary, the ball is in BC's hands not Bosh. It also bothers me how there's too much negativity towards the Amir signing. It's $34 million people (not $340 million). Look at other players being signed for more! If you're selling your house, you're looking at the last home sold in your neighbourhood. It's called parity (otherwise known as fair MARKET value). Enough with this!
            Last edited by Balls of Steel; Sun Jul 4, 2010, 10:43 AM.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

id sign bosh wait a while maybe 2-3 months into the season and trade his ass
              ya dun noe

Comment

Those who might recall Mike_TO from the ESPN message boards years ago and from RF, brought up a good point last night in a discussion I had:

I guess it wouldn't hurt the team in the end, if Bosh refuses to go to a team offering an acceptable S&T, to sign and trade him for nothing (a second rounder, like T-Mac) to a team of his choice for two reasons:

1. Huge trade exceptions are always useful.
                2. And more importantly, by giving him the max money out of someone else's coffers, you are screwing that team's cap deeper and for a longer time, which in the new, hard-cap CBA everyone by now knows is coming, is a good thing.
                The only other reason why I'd want to see a deal get done with Bosh in a sign-and-trade is just that. Preferably someone in the East like the Chicago or Miami. I don't want to make a deal for the sake of making one right now.

Comment

Sign and Trade

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                  Those who might recall Mike_TO from the ESPN message boards years ago and from RF, brought up a good point last night in a discussion I had:

The only other reason why I'd want to see a deal get done with Bosh in a sign-and-trade is just that. Preferably someone in the East like the Chicago or Miami. I don't want to make a deal for the sake of making one right now.
                  Any sign and trade will affect US as well. Even if we get a bunch of expiring contracts for useless players. It will affect both teams. If he walks for nothing then the above comments will make MORE sense. Wade and LeBron are sure things - instant success, they have it in their track record, but Bosh - gimpy knees, soft heart and 3 play-off games won. When they're having dinner together, do you really think that Wade and Lebron are thinking that Chris is a MAX PLAYER?!! If we can only read minds. To be mentioned in the same breath as they are must be an insult to their respective egos. Here's the salt in the wound - Wade and LeBron would walk so that Chris can get the max contract? Really? Is it because they feel "sorry" for the third wheel. I apologize if I sound angry but it's just ridiculous to think that they all belong in one sentence with Chris deserving of a MAX contract. LeBron and Wade must be texting each other:

Wade: ru serioz wit cb wantin' max
                  LeBron: we jus tapped him on da face our laz game and he crumpld
                  Wade: lol
                  LeBron: dbl lol!!!
                  Last edited by Balls of Steel; Sun Jul 4, 2010, 11:08 AM.
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Wade and Bron should team up with out Bosh.....That would be the smartest thing they could do...

In New Jersey you would have...Harris/Wade/James/Favors/Lopez and a bench or T Williams/C lee and fill out the roster with some minimum salaries bigs (U Hasslem would follow Wade)

Chicago has proven to be a vey cheap franchise and I think NJ could build a brand that Wade and Bron could be a massive part of turning the Nets into Manchester United (a world wide brand)

Just my 2 cents dont think it is going to happen...

Fuck you Bosh (spoiled overrate gutless puke)

Comment

Don't most of these athletes have social media people to take care of their tweets etc? Or at least set out guidelines so they don't end up on U-stream eating Vaseline. If Bosh has a guy, he should take the fall for this one.
                      Follow Me on Twitter MISTABILL

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                        Any sign and trade will affect US as well. Even if we get a bunch of expiring contracts for useless players. It will affect both teams. If he walks for nothing then the above comments will make MORE sense. Wade and LeBron are sure things - instant success, they have it in their track record, but Bosh - gimpy knees, soft heart and 3 play-off games won. When they're having dinner together, do you really think that Wade and Lebron are thinking that Chris is a MAX PLAYER?!! If we can only read minds. To be mentioned in the same breath as they are must be an insult to their respective egos. Here's the salt in the wound - Wade and LeBron would walk so that Chris can get the max contract? Really? Is it because they feel "sorry" for the third wheel. I apologize if I sound angry but it's just ridiculous to think that they all belong in one sentence with Chris deserving of a MAX contract. LeBron and Wade must be texting each other:

Wade: ru serioz wit cb wantin' max
                        LeBron: we jus tapped him on da face our laz game and he crumpld
                        Wade: lol
                        LeBron: dbl lol!!!
                        ya bosh is definitely not worth a max contract he lacks the mental toughness to win evident by his last second easy lay up miss against GSW that would of sent the raps into the playoffs
                        ya dun noe

Comment

I'd take him back, with the understanding that this Lone Ranger Thing ends right now! You are not LBJ or Wade or Kobe. He should have spend the summer trying to convince wade to come to Toronto, not be courted to Miami! MLSE have already said they want to sign 2 max players! Big company, with deep pockets are always willing to pay the tax!
                          When you walk through a storm, Keep your head up high, And don't be afraid of the dark.
                          At the end of the storm, Is a golden sky, And the sweet silver song of a lark.

Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain,
                          Though your dreams be tossed and blown.
                          Walk on, Walk on
                          With hope in your heart
                          AND YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

Comment

canadiandude2012 wrote: View Post
                            MLSE have already said they want to sign 2 max players!
                            Really? When did they say that?

Comment

The irony... Anyways, BC can't take him back, unless he is going to trade him a short time after. I'm sure we didn't invest 34million into Amir for him to come of the bench next season, along with drafting Ed Davis with our lottery pick, there's just not enough space.

Comment

Working...
                              X