No announcement yet.

Armstrong Tearing Bosh a New One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate to say it, but Chris Bosh IS acting like someone desperate for attention. I doubt he was going to get booed if he just left to pursue winning aspirations, and quietly went about his business like LeBron. It doesn't have to be a dirty breakup between him and the team (see: Carter, McGrady).

Jack Armstrong is right on with this article.

Comment

`Dre wrote: View Post
      Hate to say it, but Chris Bosh IS acting like someone desperate for attention. I doubt he was going to get booed if he just left to pursue winning aspirations, and quietly went about his business like LeBron. It doesn't have to be a dirty breakup between him and the team (see: Carter, McGrady).

Jack Armstrong is right on with this article.
      ya, stop trying to throw your used toilet paper at us because were tired of your shit bosh.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Jack needs to SHUT his mouth. Toronto fans have the habit of turning stars against them and giving them personal reasons to just kill us in every game after.

Bosh is young, he loves attention and he did all he could for Raptors. Lets not Turn him against Toronto and lets not give him a personal reason to come in here and Torch us with 20-20 for next 10 years

As far Amir, you are right. He is banged on. Congratulation Amir for hitting the lottery and milking this desperate organization.

Comment

i want bosh to stay in T.O still!
          http://websitedweeb.userboard.net-Introduce your website. No signup required!

Comment

Jack Armstrong is my hero. Good for him to speak his mind.

Comment

I have no idea what Bosh is doing, but I don't see why anybody else cares. All he's doing is posting a few comments online to get his name in the media.

LeBron, the chosen one, completely gave up in a playoff series with the whole world watching and everybody seems to have gotten over that pretty quickly. How is that LESS of a big deal than Bosh finger-f*cking his blackberry during the off-season?

Who gives a damn if Bosh wants to shoot his mouth?

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post

LeBron, the chosen one, completely gave up in a playoff series with the whole world watching and everybody seems to have gotten over that pretty quickly. How is that LESS of a big deal than Bosh finger-f*cking his blackberry during the off-season?
                check lbj's stats in the playoffs last season... and check his stats against boston... almost a triple double EVERY game ?

is that called "completely giving up ?"

Comment

LBJ giving up ?

ok here's his game log against boston

pts reb ast
                  35 7 7 game 1
                  24 4 7 game 2
                  38 8 7 game 3
                  22 9 8 game 4
                  15 6 7 game 5
                  27 19 10 game 6 (9 t/o's)

ok so which game did he "give up" on ?

the 35 7 n 7 ?
                  how bout the 19 boards ?
                  38 8 n 7 ?

why dont u stick to hockey and dont post garbage on this board ?

Comment

I don't know if I'd call that tearing Bosh a new one. Most of that blurb seemed understanding and non-accusatory. Yes, he brings up the lack of success and criticizes the tweeting and FA circus, but that's it.

Comment

karim_nasir wrote: View Post
                      check lbj's stats in the playoffs last season... and check his stats against boston... almost a triple double EVERY game ?

is that called "completely giving up ?"
                      Almost? He only shot ONE triple-double the entire series. You posted his stats yourself. In the series against Boston, he was shooting 3 ppg under his season average. Without his only ACTUAL triple-double in Game 6, he was under his average in apg and just at average in rpg.

This is the guy who is going to be a max contract player and says the only thing he cares about is winning a title.... and in the conference semis in the weaker conference this guy, according to stats that YOU posted, played below his season average.

Yeah, frankly, from a player most consider to be the best in the NBA I consider performing below average in a conference semi-final series to be giving up.

Comment

karim_nasir wrote: View Post
                        LBJ giving up ?

ok here's his game log against boston

pts reb ast
                        35 7 7 game 1
                        24 4 7 game 2
                        38 8 7 game 3
                        22 9 8 game 4
                        15 6 7 game 5
                        27 19 10 game 6 (9 t/o's)

ok so which game did he "give up" on ?

the 35 7 n 7 ?
                        how bout the 19 boards ?
                        38 8 n 7 ?

why dont u stick to hockey and dont post garbage on this board ?
                        you make a solid statistical argument...but LBJ has proven himself to be a player on a different level. he can put up numbers whenever he wants...if you really watched that series, you'd know what the previous poster was talking about when he says james 'gave up.' there was just something...off in his approach those final games, like he wasn't imposing his will like he's capable of. hey, expectations are high with the dude.

btw - bosh posted pretty good numbers over his 7-yr career with the raps, but i don't see many people clutching to those stats & claiming he needs to be retained.
                        TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

jack: 'At the end of the day, if Glen Grunwald drafts Dwyane Wade instead of Bosh the history of the franchise is probably different for the better as well as arguably in Bosh's case. If the franchise ever provided him with a legitimate big time, dynamic perimeter stud in his seven years, he probably would have achieved a lot more and history would be different too.'

hmm...kind of ironic. jack doesn't seem to understand he's creating a double-sided argument here; if the raps had drafted wade, there's nothing to suggest they would have built around HIM any differently than they have built around bosh, right? in fact, if the raps had gone about building the team in the same way but with wade instead of bosh, i'd argue that wade would have left after his rookie contract. of course, he also concedes that the franchise never put a player of even close to equal talent at the most important position (wing) alongside bosh. we've all seen how successful teams with singular superstars are (read: not. at. all), and how successful those same teams are when they add the proper complementary players (LA, Boston, SA, etc.).

so yes, the twittering is annoying, but at the end of the day, it's a simple excuse for simple-minded fools to cling to. imagine, 8 months from now, when the raps are a firm 20-games under .500 & everyone's bitching at each other, we'll think back about this week & laugh - HAHAHA!! - that we all wanted to run bosh out of town & were HAPPY to see him leave BECAUSE OF SOME FUCKING TWEETS. that, IMO, sums up raptor fans to a fucking T.
                          TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Almost? He only shot ONE triple-double the entire series. You posted his stats yourself. In the series against Boston, he was shooting 3 ppg under his season average. Without his only ACTUAL triple-double in Game 6, he was under his average in apg and just at average in rpg.

This is the guy who is going to be a max contract player and says the only thing he cares about is winning a title.... and in the conference semis in the weaker conference this guy, according to stats that YOU posted, played below his season average.

Yeah, frankly, from a player most consider to be the best in the NBA I consider performing below average in a conference semi-final series to be giving up.
                            yea umm celtics play a much slower pace than the rest of the league... look at how kobe struggled in game 7 against boston w/o injured perkins and w/o injured tony allen (who was the celtics top perimeter defender). you make it sound as if LBJ completely disappeared when that is clearly not the case... im not even an lbj fan, but dont its fair to say they guy "completely disappeared".

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post

btw - bosh posted pretty good numbers over his 7-yr career with the raps, but i don't see many people clutching to those stats & claiming he needs to be retained.
                              except for the last week because now we know bosh aint comin back, ALL WE HEARD EVERYWHERE was "WE CANT LOSE BOSH, WE HAVE TO KEEP BOSH !!"

did you forgoet this already...

my point was that LBJ didnt "completely disappear".. yea he could of played better but he didnt... that's not "completely disappearing"

Comment

so ray allen torching AP is lbj's fault ?
                                kg just doing w/e he wants against jamison is lbj's fault ?
                                rondo terrorizing mo will is lbj's fault ?
                                shaq not being able to defend anyone is lbj's fault ?

i could go on n on...

wow... lbj must be superhuman to be able to pull off those stats in a series where he "completely gave up."

Comment

Working...
                                X