Wade, Lebron & Bosh= Miami Thrice Will be a Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wade, Lebron & Bosh= Miami Thrice Will be a Reality

the NBA IS RUINED...MY PREDICTION IS THAT LEBRON IS GONNA SIGN WITH MIAMI FOR A SHORT TERM CONTRACT..WIN A COUPLE RINGS THEN GO BACK TO CLEVELAND CAVS AND GIVE HIS CITY A TITLE.

If this happens I'll retire as an NBA fan....and I don't think I'm alone.

Comment

There's simply no way this can happen. The league would become a ridiculous farce. It seems to me that if a team is able to sign three players of such talent, the salary cap rules essentially become a waste of time. The cap is supposed to prevent the same kind of garbage that goes on with the Yankees.

If you want my opinion, Lebron is not going to Miami. To read something out of nothing, I think during the announcing of the Bosh/Wade signing, when at the end Bosh was asked to say one last thing to Lebron James and what he said was, "good luck," that implies he's either gonna choose his own team and battle against Miami in some awesome clash of the titans. The good luck is essentially a code for there's gonna be one hell of a fight in the Eastern Conference.

I also think Beasely would make an awesome 6th man small forward, and that after James' press conference where he says he is not going to Miami, we should acquiesce and take Beasley, cash and as many picks - including our own - that we can muster. For his contract, with his scoring potential, on our team, it's a good deal.

Comment

No way Miami wins with Lebron. No inside presence and with only the min. left to sign every player Miami is third seed in my oppinion. Theirs only one ball you have three guys who need the ball. It will be interesting to see how things work out.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
          If you want my opinion, Lebron is not going to Miami. To read something out of nothing, I think during the announcing of the Bosh/Wade signing, when at the end Bosh was asked to say one last thing to Lebron James and what he said was, "good luck," that implies he's either gonna choose his own team and battle against Miami in some awesome clash of the titans. The good luck is essentially a code for there's gonna be one hell of a fight in the Eastern Conference.
          Or reading something into nothing another way, it could mean that he already knew that James would be coming to Miami.

But yeah, it would be a farce. But I think this could just be a last minute way to get more hype going for his 9 pm special (if that's possible).
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

The fact that he's doing the show from Connecticut means he's on neutral ground and is too chickenass to make an announcement in Cleveland, so therefore he's BOLTING FROM CLEVELAND

Wait - ESPN is based in Connecticut so maybe it was just easier to do it there because they have the f'ing cameras and light stands and shit there, so therefore he's STAYING IN CLEVELAND

Wait - there's a Boys and Girls club at 6114 Broadway Avenue in Cleveland, so why didn't Lebron do his show from there? Obviously, he's BOLTING FROM CLEVELAND

staying

bolting

staying

bolting

etc

etc

etc

Can't wait for this fucking lunacy to end.

The league should institute rules that free agent signings can only be announced via a strict league-controlled process.

Comment

Man, if James leaves Cleveland, what a sh!tastic way to leave for the fans. Not only do they lose whatever chance of success they have for the foreseeable future, but they get to watch their former star soak in all the hype and media fanfare while doing it.

I also can't fathom why James - knowing the hate he'd receive - would even want to play in Miami. It just doesn't seem befitting of a champion or a competitor. No, i still say it's better to contribute to another elite East team. It would be much more exciting of a season that way. If the Bulls can find a SG, then (Team Lebron), MIA, BOS, ATL, ORL, CHI and even MIL all have realistic chances of hitting the 50 win mark. Haven't seen that many teams in the East be that good in a long time.

Competition, not convolution. That's how the league gets better.

Comment

OTFP wrote: View Post
                The fact that he's doing the show from Connecticut means he's on neutral ground and is too chickenass to make an announcement in Cleveland, so therefore he's BOLTING FROM CLEVELAND

Wait - ESPN is based in Connecticut so maybe it was just easier to do it there because they have the f'ing cameras and light stands and shit there, so therefore he's STAYING IN CLEVELAND

Wait - there's a Boys and Girls club at 6114 Broadway Avenue in Cleveland, so why didn't Lebron do his show from there? Obviously, he's BOLTING FROM CLEVELAND
                Melo is getting married in NY this weekend too. LeBron is a guest.

Comment

What i would like to see this year (along with development of our Raptors of course) is Lebron go to the Knicks. Then we get Wade&Bosh vs. Lebron&Amare vs. Kobe&Gasol for the best batman/robin duo in the league, that should make for some interesting games for sure and i wouldnt have to stop watching the NBA. If the three idiots all pair up in Miami though...i guess its a good thing i like hockey because for the next 6 years thats all i will be watching unless i hear they blew it.

Comment

I love how James' brand is imploding.
                    I bet he's in a super pissy mood wondering why so many fans think he's an asshole right now.

deadspin has an excellent article:

http://deadspin.com/5581889/lebron-j...s-a-cocksucker

Comment

I don't understand Wade and LeBron desire to play together. They both need the ball in their hands when it matters and there is only one ball on floor. They have the same style and playing together it means less opportunities for each one. Throw in the mix Chris Bosh who needs his stats as well and you will have a fight between three different big egos.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/100708

Simmons' new column. Lots of good stuff about Miami, the "Decision" and lots of Bosh.

Comment

Lebron is really rolling the dice here. He is hoping to duplicate what KG, Pierce and Allen have done for only one season in Boston.

If Lebron goes to the Heat everyone will expect the Heat to win a ring every season over the next 5 seasons.

To the extent that they can't do that Lebron's legacy will be ruined probably forever and he will stand to lose hundreds of millions of dollars over his life in non basketball contract income.

Lebron is really rolling the dice here if he goes to Miami. He has good odds of getting multiple rings but anything less would be considered an abysmal failure on his part.
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                            http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/100708

Simmons' new column. Lots of good stuff about Miami, the "Decision" and lots of Bosh.
                            It's a really long read, but it was really worth it. I'm no Simmons fan, but I thought that was the most accurate and brutally honest assessment of 2010 free agency yet offered.

The bottom line is that LeBron, Wade and Bosh proved to the world over the past few weeks that fame means more to them than winning a title. The NBA has ceased to be a sport and has become a bad episode of reality TV.

Comment

If he does go to Miami, which I think is all a smokeshow, I don't think he can be allowed to call himself King James anymore. Going by the list on the right of the page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_and_noble_ranks

What's the highest rank he'll be qualified to use?

ArchDuke James? maybe Archbishop James.

Or do we call just call Wade, Emporer Wade?

Baron Bosh...

Or maybe use chess pieces. King Wade, Rook James, Pawn Bosh.

Comment

Working...
                              X