Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mess wrote: View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/100708

Simmons' new column. Lots of good stuff about Miami, the "Decision" and lots of Bosh.
    Funny.... a few hrs after I read that Simmons column, I come across an article on Yahoo Sports indicating that Chris Paul has signed with LBJ's marketing company:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...ullebron070810

I'd never heard that story about Bosh, Wade, LBJ and Paul all wanting to play together on the same team before, so I thought it was a neat coincidence that Paul chose now to make that change.... on the eve of LBJ potentially joining Bosh and Wade in Miami.

Maybe that story is actually true... in which case I may have to actually start taking SAS seriously... that's gonna be REALLY hard.

Comment

what does this have to do with the raptors?
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

SidSeixeiro

RT: @GlennSchiiler Colangelo says once Lebron makes his decision, everything else will shake out...including a possible Bosh sign and trade.
        That's what.

It might be a stretch, but I think an unprecedented, never to be seen again (hopefully) free agency period could be enough to bend the rules here a little bit.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Bill Simmons Slams RuPaul Again

Bill Simmons with some funny comments about CB on ESPN.com

8. Red Flag No. 4: Bosh clearly wanted to emerge from this summer more famous than he was. I know this because he hired his own documentary crew. Because he made an "Entourage" cameo last month. Because someone who attended one of Bosh's free-agent meetings told me that Bosh was considerably more concerned with his camera crew than hearing the team's pitch. Because he asked his Twitter followers where he should play next year -- a slap in the face to everyone in Toronto who supported him these past seven years -- and because I attended two different 2010 Lakers games at which Bosh inexplicably walked a complete lap around the court while holding hands with his girlfriend, like someone who just wanted to be seen. And it worked. You see a 7-foot basketball player strolling 0.02 miles an hour around a basketball court, you're going to notice him.

If you want fame, then attaching yourself to Wade and/or LeBron in a major market is the way to go. That's what Bosh did. Orlando's Stan Van Gundy even hissed yesterday that Bosh followed Wade around for two weeks like a "lapdog." Doesn't sound like someone who ever seriously considered anywhere but Miami. Add those four red flags together and it's pretty clear, in retrospect, that Wade and Bosh never seriously looked elsewhere. You know, because any time you can play in a city with such rich basketball tradition, you have to do it. It's hard not to get inspired during the national anthem when you see Rony Seikaly's number in the rafters.

9. If one more person refers to Bosh as a "superstar," I'm going to scream. His résumé: seven seasons, 11 career playoff games, one second-team All-NBA selection, never played in a big game in his life other than the gold-medal game of the 2008 Olympics. Now he's fleeing frigid Toronto for South Beach, no state income tax, Dwyane Wade, max money and the playoffs … and this makes him a "superstar"? Did we really drop our standards that low?

Look, I need my NBA superstar to sell tickets, generate interest locally and nationally, single-handedly guarantee an average supporting cast 45-50 wins, and potentially be the best player on a Finals team if the other pieces are in place, which means only LeBron, Wade, Howard, Durant and Kobe qualify. There's a level just a shade below (the Almost-But-Not-Quite-Superstar) with Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki, Carmelo Anthony, Brandon Roy, Chris Paul and Deron Williams. (Note: I think Derrick Rose gets there next season.) Then you have elite guys like Bosh, Pau Gasol and Amare Stoudemire who need good teammates to help them thrive … and if they don't have them, you're heading to the lottery.

You know what we call these people? All-Stars. Although if LeBron picks Miami, we have to call Bosh something else: lucky. On a good team, he could absolutely thrive like Gasol did on the Lakers, although he's not as sure a bet because Gasol played in so many big games overseas before the Lakers stole him. (Bosh had the opposite experience: He's never played in a Sweet 16, a Game 7 or even Round 2 of the NBA playoffs.) Hearing Bosh referred to as a "superstar" these past few weeks left me with the same face Jake had on Monday's "Bachelor" special when Vienna wouldn't shut up and kept undermining and emasculating him. If Chris Bosh is your third-best player, you're in tremendous shape. Just don't think you can win a title with a 228-pound big man who doesn't block shots and grabs 10 rebounds a night. You need more help than that. Which brings us to …
          Full article here: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/100708

Comment

It's been posted in like 4 threads already.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/msg...ews-2010-07-08

MSG stocks down. Lebron no longer going to Knicks. Instead chooses Cleveland. Hostetler gold seal of approval.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                It's been posted in like 4 threads already.
                burn

Comment

Now he's fleeing frigid Toronto for South Beach,
                  toronto is hotter than freakin miami right now.

Just don't think you can win a title with a 228-pound big man
                  i'll let this slide since bosh is a bitch. bill is a bit faulty on his info though.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

bill will never right a better article he was abit faulty on some of them. but, for the majority he was bang on .maybe a bti overnalyzed but making fun of you colleuages and the company you work for while they can't do shit about it because you hit the nail on the head. amazing

Comment

I'm doubling my ante (that I never made).

James will stay in Cleveland. He's booked on good morning america or some other crappy morning show for tomorrow. You just would have to be a classless twinkie to showboat what is essentially leaving your team out to dry. Also, James staying in Cleveland has a real feel-good aspect to it that I assume is right up the morning talk-show alley.

Plus, if he was going to Miami, what else could he possibly offer a talk show other than "yeah, i wanna play with some friends of mine and fuck a lotta chicks in South Beach." He's got scads of material to talk about by staying in Clevaland.

Hostetler gold seal of approval.

Comment

Working...
                      X