X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CANT wait for NBA Season to start

1) WELL CHRIS BUSHYs Numbers be good enough to get into 2011 All-Stars Game

2) Feel bad for Dwight Howard - gets no attention

3) Old Three vs New Three - cant wait to watch Celtics vs Heat (p.s. they just signed JO)
    Chicago Vs MIami -- nice match-up here.

4)Last but the best part - Like SUPERMAN and ROCKY BALBOA - They always had to beat down a bigger and better foe in each new movie... Thus now we have KOBE vs the 3 headed Dragon.

GO KOBE GO

YOUR THOUGHTS.... what are you looking forward to now that all is set.

Dwight will get all the attention in the world when he crushes the Heat. The one thing the Heat aren't ready for (especially if JO and Bosh is their front court) is Dwight Howard Hammering them in the post. The Heat will be good, but they are going to have some issues dealing with teams that have size and length. I think you're going to see Mamba vs. Superman 2: Wrath of Van Gundy instead.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
      Dwight will get all the attention in the world when he crushes the Heat. The one thing the Heat aren't ready for (especially if JO and Bosh is their front court) is Dwight Howard Hammering them in the post. The Heat will be good, but they are going to have some issues dealing with teams that have size and length. I think you're going to see Mamba vs. Superman 2: Wrath of Van Gundy instead.
      JO signed for the Celtics so Bosh is their only big man. If they can't sign a legitimate center then CB4 is going to take a pounding this year. Would love to see that. See how long that lanky body can handle that.

Comment

Will BOSH play in the ALL-Star Game? ANy other team we're overlooking?

Comment

Ah he's with the Celtics, I misunderstood. Well, I'd say the Heat are going to do whatever they can to find a low post defender or they are going to get crushed and Bosh is going to have Flash backs of the 07/08 series.
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Boston Celtics

Ah he's with the Celtics, I misunderstood. Well, I'd say the Heat are going to do whatever they can to find a low post defender or they are going to get crushed and Bosh is going to have Flash backs of the 07/08 series.
            Correct me I'm wrong...It seems the Celtic strategy here is - every year add a former All-star vetern player who has some gas left - Low cost strategy and keeps them among the favorite... the Older guys keep pressure on the younger kids and make them better.

Your thoughts

Comment

Rouge wrote: View Post
              Correct me I'm wrong...It seems the Celtic strategy here is - every year add a former All-star vetern player who has some gas left - Low cost strategy and keeps them among the favorite... the Older guys keep pressure on the younger kids and make them better.

Your thoughts
              I'm not sure if that's really their strategy as much as it's just the way things worked out.

I think the Celtics realized that they can still get to the finals last season and want to find a guy that can come off the bench at center to keep up with L.A.'s bigs who were absolutely dominant in this years playoffs. JO, who is at the end of his career can be that guy and he comes cheaper than a lot of guys would to do the same thing. Good move for the Celtics and I think they will be in the thick of it again next season.

-Churchill

Comment

I'm not sure if that's really their strategy as much as it's just the way things worked out.

I think the Celtics realized that they can still get to the finals last season and want to find a guy that can come off the bench at center to keep up with L.A.'s bigs who were absolutely dominant in this years playoffs. JO, who is at the end of his career can be that guy and he comes cheaper than a lot of guys would to do the same thing. Good move for the Celtics and I think they will be in the thick of it again next season.
                Last year they added Rashid...vetern former all-star comes cheap....

Comment

I'm looking forward to the season, but not for any of the reasons you've listed. I'd like to see if Demar has raised his game. I'd like to see if Bargs or Turk are capable of stepping up. I'd like to see what our raw rookie bigs are capable of. I'm hoping that we have a better defensive presence and a new PG, and I'd like to see how that shakes out.

In short, I'm looking forward to seeing how the Raps will be reshaped without Bosh as the centrepiece. As for the rest of the league, I'll watch Nash now and then because he's fun to watch, and I'm going to watch Chicago and OKC when the opportunity presents itself... but I have no interest in the Heat.

Comment

I'm interested in finding out how well this team can develop. As for specific individuals, Bargnani, DeRozan and Davis would probably be the top three. I hope Turkoglu can fulfill his contract so we can ship him out for a young SF and legit PG, but I can too easily see Colangelo desperately trying to shop him if he doesn't shape up and holding onto him if he does.

I would not be surprised to see this team win 25-30 games... any more than that and I'll be pleasantly surprised or disappointed. Pleasantly surprised if it's due to a ton of internal development of our young players and/or striking it rich from the draft; disappointed if it's because we're relying heavily on the veterans or an older piece Colangelo brought in.

Comment

Mush wrote: View Post
                      JO signed for the Celtics so Bosh is their only big man. If they can't sign a legitimate center then CB4 is going to take a pounding this year. Would love to see that. See how long that lanky body can handle that.
                      I'm predicting Bosh is injured by December... unless he somehow lucked out and all 4 games against the Magic are after December

I can't wait to see John Wall embarass Chalmers

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post
                        In short, I'm looking forward to seeing how the Raps will be reshaped without Bosh as the centrepiece. As for the rest of the league, I'll watch Nash now and then because he's fun to watch, and I'm going to watch Chicago and OKC when the opportunity presents itself... but I have no interest in the Heat.
                        As the much-maligned FAQ put it in a comment about two years ago, I'd rather have five guys playing team basketball than dumping it into one guy and seeing what he can do for us.

I think it's an exciting team, I'm definitely more stoked about next season than I was when we signed Turkoglu last year, and O'Neal the year before that. I'm not scared of the Raptors losing 55 games, as long as they develop and build some momentum. I hate short-sightedness and the Raptors have been guilty of that the last two summers.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                          I think it's an exciting team, I'm definitely more stoked about next season than I was when we signed Turkoglu last year, and O'Neal the year before that. I'm not scared of the Raptors losing 55 games, as long as they develop and build some momentum. I hate short-sightedness and the Raptors have been guilty of that the last two summers.
                          Definitely agree with that.

-Churchill

Comment

Bosh

Does he make the All-Star team... I suspect the number will diwindle as hes no longer the goto guy..... How you think he would react to no going to the big game.

Comment

Working...
                            X