Tanking vs. Rebuilding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marz wrote: View Post
    Kleiza isn't "Adding young players in order to create a good team for the future"? He's young, and he's well polished. I don't like the signing either but it's definitely a step in the rebuilding process while remaining competitive. Colangelo doesn't tank. We have tonnes of youth on the roster and only 2 "old" veterans in Hedo and Jose. I see no reason to think we're not rebuilding.
    He's going to get paid around what Parker and Garbajosa got paid. Do you feel he can make that kind of impact? They're making a large investment.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
      Lets get one thing straight, No team will loose intentionally in NBA But when you trade away your best players for Draft Pick and expiring contracts, then you will automatically loose.
      Sorry if this sounds like the grammar police, but I've noticed you keep doing this. It's not "loose"it's "lose". A team will lose. Something can be loose.

Now back to your regularly scheduled comments.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I dont think BC will ever say he is going to rebuild. But if you look at the roster he already kind of started doing it. Kleiza is young and I beleive we are getting picks back for Bosh so consider ourselves 2 years into rebuilding now, thats how i see it anyways. The only thing I would like to be done is trade Jose just because he deserves to be on a winning team and can get us some good stuff back. Not Hedo yet because his value is not quite what it should be at I would say wait until deadline day for him.

Comment

Do both?

BC has a bunch of young guys on the roster now. I don't really see how he is going to be able to pick up any young stars at the moment anyway. Draft is next year, and Jose and Turk are not getting Derrick Rose back.

the question is whether they start teaching them to play the game properly, like to play defence and practice the fundamentals there of, and give the young guys time on the court. Turk can be the man, but I want the young wings to get 25 a game, at least. If you are going to scale back, scale back on Turk. Knowing our management, the vets will play most of the minutes. We dont' need younger bodies as much as we need to teach and play the ones we have.

For example, Alabi will suck this year. But can we work on his rebounding and help defence so that he has made substantial progress in those areas this year? then, we reinforce those and work on another aspect or 2 next year, etc. . Can we just give him time, for once?

The only guy who has gotten time has been Bargnani, and he has improved in spite of himself. His defence is huge compared to where it was, though he still is totally confused about rotations. his man to man defence is light years better than when he got here as is his low post game, which was non-existant as a roookie. Takes time and teaching. No quicker fix possible.

Comment

I think Alabi and Davis are both going to suck this year and im not expecting anything from either player but derozan and weems I think are going to have great years. Both are confident and ready to step up and accept larger roles with the team I think they are going to be the X factors for us next season..

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
              Lets get one thing straight, No team will loose intentionally in NBA But when you trade away your best players for Draft Pick and expiring contracts, then you will automatically loose.

Look at Toronto right now, BC can stay with current team, let the young players develop while trying to acquire more picks by moving some of his movable players like Jack.

Or he can sign average players to long contract and keep this team mediocre fighting for play off spot and ... keeping some dumb asses happy.

Right now, it seems like BC is going with the 2nd choice. You can not rebuild like that when you offer long contracts to unproven players and over pay them. You can not rebuild by getting late first round picks and ...

We need to start over like Washington is doing or OKC did after Ray Allen or Wolfs are finally doing after Garnett. However, BC is NOT the right guy for this job and his recent moves prove that.

So we can not talk about a real rebuild till this guy is in charge. Fire him and Raptor will be in the right path.
              OKC is a bad example!!!
              Just ask all those parents in Seattle how they feel when
              their kids ask them to take them to an NBA game...

Comment

Working...
              X