Al Jefferson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Jefferson

Anyone think the Raps should use their trade exception on him?

most ppl will say no but I say yes. If anything well be almost were we were with Bosh if Al is healthy.

Comment

i say no and you have over a year to use it so we could use it at the trade deadline or next offseason.

you may be like oh for example steve nash is available and we have already spent the trade exception to get al jeferson and we'll all be like dope.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I'd use it on Jefferson. If Steve Nash is available, this isn't where he is coming.

Comment

birdmanpresents wrote: View Post
          most ppl will say no but I say yes. If anything well be almost were we were with Bosh if Al is healthy.
          See the thing is, we want to get farther than we were with Bosh. A low post scorer with below average defense doesn't do that.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

No, no and no. Adjusted +/- of -6.45 is very poor - largely due to poor defense.
            True shooting % is near the very bottom of all Centers. TS% = 52.5%, largely due to shooting only 68% from the line.
            Shoots only 35.4% from 10 to 23 feet - yet takes 44% of his shots from that distance.
            Second highest FGA for Centers in the whole league (per 40 min) - that's how get gets him numbers - but not efficiently.

And All Jefferson is owed $13 million next year. No.
            http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

No. Raps have some young bigs with potential. They need a wing that can light it up.
              You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

we need to get rid of turk
                ya dun noe

Comment

1st trade
                  Al jefferson for Toronto TPE (This would generate a 13million TPE for minnisota)

2nd trade
                  To Minni: Ed Davis (for part of Minni's TPE) + possible 1st round pick

To Toronto: Rights to Ricky Rubio

Comment

Minny doesn't get the TPE to use, they just don't have to take back any salary to add to their payroll. And they're currently under the cap so I don't think they want to get rid of any.

Plus they do not need another post player, and they would not give up Rubio for that deal anyway.

I'd rather have Davis right now than Jefferson, for reasons many have explained in this thread already.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I'm not going to comment on that bizarro set of trades, but 1) Al Jefferson isn't the offensive option Bosh was, 2) Al Jefferson is probably even worse than Bosh on defense, and 3) getting the Raptors almost back to where they were before Bosh left is hardly a goal to aim for, unless flirting with #8/#9 while getting mediocre draft picks every year is your idea of creating a winner.

No, the only players we should obtain with the TPE are 1) good players that will help our young players get better, 2) young players who play D, can still get better and will be around when our youngsters get to the next level, and 3) good defenders who are necessary to anchor the team's defense and have everyone playing the right way.

Al Jefferson falls in the 70 cents on the dollar replacement for Bosh's missing offense category, and thus should not be considered.

Comment

Seeing as how utilizing two offensive-minded big men has backfired in both Minny and Toronto, acquiring Big Al makes little sense. Add to that his invisible defense, and it's just a hell no. He's a great talent and I'm sure he'll do well on another team, but we need a Al Horford, not an Al Jefferson.

Comment

Liston wrote: View Post
                          No, no and no. Adjusted +/- of -6.45 is very poor - largely due to poor defense.
                          True shooting % is near the very bottom of all Centers. TS% = 52.5%, largely due to shooting only 68% from the line.
                          Shoots only 35.4% from 10 to 23 feet - yet takes 44% of his shots from that distance.
                          Second highest FGA for Centers in the whole league (per 40 min) - that's how get gets him numbers - but not efficiently.

And All Jefferson is owed $13 million next year. No.
                          Interesting. Good post. Impulsively I would have said Jefferson's probably worth a look, but you make a quick and convincing case for the nay-no.
                          "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
                          ~Rorschach

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                            I...No, the only players we should obtain with the TPE are 1) good players that will help our young players get better, 2) young players who play D, can still get better and will be around when our youngsters get to the next level, and 3) good defenders who are necessary to anchor the team's defense and have everyone playing the right way...
                            I agree with all these points, being that these type of additions would address the greatest shortfall for the Raptors: defense. The only thing I'd offer as a slight adjustment to the strategy, perhaps overall, is trying to find players that are comfortable (edit: productive; Raps have too many one dimensional players) on both ends of the floor. I'm not a Carlos Delfino fan, but more guys like 'em that are aggressive and capable at both ends would be helpful. Some clutch time prowess is needed for this team too. Bosh never had that.

Who's the best "go to" player we have now? Jarret? Marco?

Oh, sorry, this is a Jefferson thread.
                            Last edited by Rap Challenger; Sat Jul 10, 2010, 06:05 PM.
                            "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
                            ~Rorschach

Comment

Working...
                            X