No announcement yet.

Danny Granger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI, you cannot combine players with a TPE to obtain another player unless you can somehow separate the trade into smaller trades whereby the TPE is traded on its own.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
      I count more than two. The Nets and the Knicks have been clearing cap for 3 years now, I think they are pretty devastated. At this point I'd rather have the Raps lineup over either of those two.
      They took the risk and devastated their own teams for the chance. You can't really put the blame on Lebron, Wade and Bosh for that.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I don't think I did, but the outcome of them all signing in MIAMI did devastate both those franchises. When that is your goal over a 3 year period and it doesn't work, that leaves them in ruins. all they can do is pick up spare pieces now. (Amare was a good signing though)
        Last edited by saints91; Sat Jul 10, 2010, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Raptors could have had Granger many years ago, but they are just too inept to draft good players.

I'd love to see the Raptors get him, but I'd say there's about zero chance of that.

Also, NO isn't going to help us by taking our garbage and giving us a great young guard like Collison.
          You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

Tortacular wrote: View Post
            Raptors could have had Granger many years ago, but they are just too inept to draft good players.
            Are there any people still with the organization that passed on Granger?
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              Are there any people still with the organization that passed on Granger?
              No idea. There was the big regime change in 2006/2007, so I would say it's unlikely that any key people are left. But the Raptors inability to draft at even a competent level has been a problem for the past 10 years.
              You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

The Raptors need an impact player/slasher that can create his own shot. Our point guards are good, not great. Turk can shoot but is slow and cannot drive. Demar and Weems are quick and athletic but are not very good ball handlers.

I realize Grange is injury prone and is not a 'superstar' but he is still young, and appears to be driven. Outside of him I see Iggy but he who is older and has a worse contract. I personally favour Grange over Iggy also because Iggy plays the 2 and we need Demar to start. If we don't have someone that can create their own shot, then we will lose a lot of those close games. Players like Nash and Paul are pipe dreams. Nash is too old now, and Paul will never come to Toronto.

I think Grange is doable with the right price and/or pieces. Hoping to find an impact player/slasher from the draft is just not going to happen. Look at our draft history. If we do end up getting one (eg, VC, TMAC) history shows us that they will leave.

All championship teams have had a star (and not necessarily a superstar) on their team that can create their own shot (Kobe, Pierce, Parker/Ginobili, Wade, Billups, Jordan, etc). We need someone like that or else we will either be a playoff team that leaves in the first round, or will just fail to make the playoffs.

Comment

Tortacular wrote: View Post
                  No idea. There was the big regime change in 2006/2007, so I would say it's unlikely that any key people are left. But the Raptors inability to draft at even a competent level has been a problem for the past 10 years.
                  My point is that if it's a different regime and different people, you can't really make blanket statements. As for not being able to draft on a competent level, I'd disagree. I'm a well known Bargnani critic around here, but he certainly wasn't a bad pick. It was just a bad draft. And I liked the pick of DeRozan and still do. There's no reason to believe that was a bad pick, at this point. Some people wanted instant gratification with the pick, but anyone who knew DeRozan knew that was never going to happen. Since Colangelo took over, all his first round picks have been rotation players. I'd say that's competent.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

we should get granger but not try to build a team around him hes not that type of guy
                    ya dun noe

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

I realize Grange is injury prone and is not a 'superstar' but he is still young, and appears to be driven. Outside of him I see Iggy but he who is older and has a worse contract. I personally favour Grange over Iggy also because Iggy plays the 2 and we need Demar to start.
                      Hoping to find an impact player/slasher from the draft is just not going to happen. Look at our draft history. If we do end up getting one (eg, VC, TMAC) history shows us that they will leave. [/B]
                      History is NOT a predictor of future behaviour. We have young guys here now that absolutely love Toronto, if they can develop into a serviceable team anybody drafted into that system will be likely to stay.

I would much rather get 23 wins with the current roster, then make a couple of short-term moves that get us into the first round only to lose 4-1. Let's get a lot of the losing out of the way this season while our younger players learn how to win. I wouldn't make any major changes until the trade deadline or next season, after some of our unknowns become knowns. Plus I want to watch youngry (young+hungry) basketball!
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

[QUOTE=ezz_bee;28633]History is NOT a predictor of future behaviour. We have young guys here now that absolutely love Toronto, if they can develop into a serviceable team anybody drafted into that system will be likely to stay.

Vince Loved Toronto
                        Bosh Loved Toronto
                        Roy Halladay loved Toronto
                        McGrady Hated Toronto

They all left for better things...Once our young guys develop they will be leaving..see EXPOS

p.s. oil goo from BP oil spill is headed to MIAMI

Comment

Working...
                        X