Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Bosh the Greatest Raptor of All Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Bosh the Greatest Raptor of All Time?

Michael Grange apparently thinks so.

“Chris Bosh is averaging over 24 points and 12 rebounds per game right now. If he were to finish the season above those two thresholds, he would become just the 12th player over the last 20 years to do so,” says Black.

And another thing: No player ever has hit those numbers and done while averaging less than two turnovers a game.

I’ll resist the urge to say enjoy it while it lasts – and not only because it’s unlikely will Bosh maintain 12 rebounds a game all season. But seriously, enjoy it. After six seasons Bosh is reaching that stage where people are as familiar with his shortcomings as his strengths. He’s not LeBron but he’s probably the best player the franchise has ever had and if he leaves – and whether he should or shouldn’t or will or won’t is a topic for another day -- I can’t see him being replaced easily, can you?
    Some may say otherwise when they think back with Vince, but is it safe to say Bosh is the greatest of all time here in the Tdot?

Let's put it to a vote.

Source - Click here
    Chris Bosh
    18.18%
    Vince Carter
    72.73%
    Milt Palacio
    9.09%
    Quincy Douby
    0.00%
    Garth Joseph
    0.00%
    Other
    0.00%

Why is Rasho Nesterovic not up there. He is the MVP this season. And did you see Marcuz Banks tonight. :O

Anyways in all seriousness, I have to say it is Vince. He brought this city the much needed attention it needed. He got us to the 2nd round of the playoffs. A place we have never seen without him. By reading this people will obviously think I like Vince, but I don't. I don't hate him ANYMORE either.
    Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

I believe we had a contest all summer long which decided in favor of Vince Carter.

Comment

Voted for Vince, definitely was Vince. If Bosh plays like this for the rest of the season, re-signs and continues to play like this, then there is a case for him.

Comment

Right now it's still Vince. Like Verbatim said though, if Bosh keeps up his intensity for the rest of the year and signs for the next couple, he definately starts to challenge air Canada.
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I strongly dislike Carter and I like Bosh but my vote goes to Carter for now. Give Bosh another year or so and he will probably have my vote. I desperately want him to earn my vote ASAP.

Comment

I don’t feel he is the greatest, yet I can see how someone can make that claim simply by looking at production. Production wise, I think Bosh is more consistent and more efficient than Vince, it may be close, but I think Bosh has that.

With Bosh you always get your 20/10, for the most part you know what to expect day in day out. With Vince it could be 44 one game, and 14 the next. Honestly, Bosh may be a bad defender at times, but at least he tries, too many times Vince just did not even attempt to play D, the worst part was that you knew he could.

That said, I still give the edge to Vince because he can impose his will, and has done so against Bosh, to cost him a few games and 1 PO appearance. At their primes, Vince was unstoppable, while with Bosh, others seem to have his number.

Comment

trizzo wrote: View Post
                I don’t feel he is the greatest, yet I can see how someone can make that claim simply by looking at production. Production wise, I think Bosh is more consistent and more efficient than Vince, it may be close, but I think Bosh has that.

With Bosh you always get your 20/10, for the most part you know what to expect day in day out. With Vince it could be 44 one game, and 14 the next. Honestly, Bosh may be a bad defender at times, but at least he tries, too many times Vince just did not even attempt to play D, the worst part was that you knew he could.

That said, I still give the edge to Vince because he can impose his will, and has done so against Bosh, to cost him a few games and 1 PO appearance. At their primes, Vince was unstoppable, while with Bosh, others seem to have his number.
                Yeah, Bosh will beat out Cater through sheer production and consistency should he keep playing here but Carter had the extra something, when he turned it on, where he could completely take over a game. I remember many games where they would enter the half down ten or twenty and I just knew he was going to unload on the other team in the second half.

Comment

If Bosh signs and plays for another 4 seasons in Toronto.
                  The honor will be his!

If not, it is still Vince's.
                  The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Working...
                  X