• geebee
    replied
    hateslosing wrote: View Post
    Chandler/Davis/Alabi
    Bargs/Amir/Davis
    Diaw/Kleiza
    DeRozen/Weems/Belli
    Jack/Barbosa/Banks

That looks pretty good to me. Nice mix of youth and vets, maybe a playoff team.
    I'd rather see a better starting PG. We can afford to lose Belli and Jack or Banks if there's a PG to be found. I also believe we still look very weak at SF. That's not Diaw's natural spot, and Kleiza isn't a starter.

Edit: With DeRozen/Weems/Barbosa at the 2, I'm pretty happy... and I like the 4 and 5, assuming Bargs is capable of stepping up with Bosh gone.... but I don't believe we've solved our problems at the 1 or the 3.

Leave a comment:

• da_goose09
    replied
    Playoff team if it were 2005 maybe? Unless Diaw and Chandler regain their old forms (and Diaw isn't too far from his - Chandler however is a ghost of his former Hornet-self) it'll be a loooooonnnnnng year!

Leave a comment:

• hateslosing
    replied
    If everything happens as it's reported

Bargs/Alabi
    Amir/Davis/Reggie
    Diaw/Kleiza
    Derozen/Weems/Belli
    Jack/Jose/Barbosa/Banks

Reggie, Belli and Banks are unlikely to see much time so I think the only place we really have too much is at the one, which BC has said he would move one of Jose or Jack from the beginning. I think we move Jack and probably get a center to back up Bargs or move him to the 4. Davis could play back up at the five if we need to make room so I think that the roster is actually looking pretty good.

Edit: Just read the Chandler rumor so maybe this instead

Chandler/Davis/Alabi
    Bargs/Amir/Davis
    Diaw/Kleiza
    DeRozen/Weems/Belli
    Jack/Barbosa/Banks

That looks pretty good to me. Nice mix of youth and vets, maybe a playoff team.
    Last edited by hateslosing; Mon Jul 12, 2010, 09:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RPT23
    replied
    I'm keeping faith that BC has a plan. Right now, it's sort of looking like a rotation of former Phoenix Suns player roaming in and out of the Raptors line up. For the Diaw deal, I think he's a solid verteran presence whom we were supposively set on acquiring a long, long time ago. For the Blurr, well I hope he's recovered from his injury and he's at least not a shadow of his former self.

Leave a comment:

• mattscottnelson
    replied
    It's clear that Colangelo is just acquiring the best assets available so he can parlay them into a balanced roster. He's not done.

Leave a comment:

• octothorp
    replied
    Might not equal a winning squad, but equals a much better rebuilding squad: younger, more salary flexibility, more roster flexibility, and almost certainly a better team atmosphere. Colangelo has given himself a lot of room to make further moves, either moving a few guys for one more strong player, or trimming the fat for TPE and picks.

Leave a comment:

• RAPMAN
    replied
    rapsfan wrote: View Post
    Ur wrong
    just look at the pistons when they won
    .... almost every single one of the players on that squad were better that any player we have right now... so ....

Leave a comment:

• rapsfan
    replied
    Ur wrong
    just look at the pistons when they won

Leave a comment:

• drizzy
    started a topic Raptors Line-Up (Depth Chart)

Raptors Line-Up (Depth Chart)

Is it just me or does it seem like the Raptors have a "logjam" at EVERY position except at the five?
    Although there is a logjam.... the worst part is that NONE of the positions seem all that impressive to me.
    When a squad has a logjam at everyposition but at the same time does not possess ONE position that is impressive does not bode well with me. This means the Raptors have FAR too many mediocre players at every position. This does not equal a winning squad.
Working...
X