Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh, Oh, Fox Sports Disses Amir Johnson

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    INFO wrote: View Post
    ummm i dont think so lol
    Amir himself said it was 34
    Actually, there was a news article released that said someone who actually saw the contract said it was closer to 30 mill than 34. Amir is paid to play basketball, not do this own accounting :P

    Comment


    • #17
      Jive wrote: View Post
      Actually, there was a news article released that said someone who actually saw the contract said it was closer to 30 mill than 34. Amir is paid to play basketball, not do this own accounting :P
      Yeah, I heard that as well. Regardless, we don't know how it's structured. If he's making 5 million this year, it's a good deal. 6 next year, with continued improvement, is still not a bad deal. So long as he keeps getting better he'll be earning the dollars. Just for arguments sake, salaries/year of 5, 6, 7, 8, 8 gets you to 34m. 5, 5, 6, 7, 7 gets you to 30. Not enough of a difference to really make a big stink over.

      Comment


      • #18
        Another American media outlet slamming my beloved Raptors, who gives a shit? I'm surprised at Apollo for putting this on, pretty brutal for somebody who claims to be a moderator.

        Comment


        • #19
          How is it brutal? It's a debate. Did you notice anyone else getting offended.. We're all Raptors fans, you're no bigger a fan than any of us, get over yourself.. If you can't handle the heat, stay outta Miami if you know what I'm saying..

          None of us are here to bash Amir, we're just expressing our views on the subject at hand. Who gives a shit? I give a shit, this is my team.. I want them to succeed, everyone counting us out, I'd like to see what real Raptors fans have to say about it, it's all in good spirits.

          Comment


          • #20
            Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
            How is it brutal? It's a debate. Did you notice anyone else getting offended.. We're all Raptors fans, you're no bigger a fan than any of us, get over yourself.. If you can't handle the heat, stay outta Miami if you know what I'm saying..

            None of us are here to bash Amir, we're just expressing our views on the subject at hand. Who gives a shit? I give a shit, this is my team.. I want them to succeed, everyone counting us out, I'd like to see what real Raptors fans have to say about it, it's all in good spirits.
            What is there to debate?

            Comment


            • #21
              Nick wrote: View Post
              What is there to debate?
              Whether or not it was a fair statement on Fox Sports behalf. Not many people know who Amir Johnson is.. He hasn't yet proven himself in the NBA, and is this or is this not going to come back and bite Toronto for signing a contract just based on potential.

              Comment


              • #22
                Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
                Whether or not it was a fair statement on Fox Sports behalf. Not many people know who Amir Johnson is.. He hasn't yet proven himself in the NBA, and is this or is this not going to come back and bite Toronto for signing a contract just based on potential.
                Ok, well my point is that articles like this are pointless and corrosive to the validity of the Raps franchise. I am tired of media outlets constantly scrutinizing our team. Barkley says this, Fox says that, what good do these articles do? I like to focuse on positive things and could care less about nay sayers. This is Raptor Republic, we all know who Amir is, so why are we so worried about what fox news' opinion is?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Nick wrote: View Post
                  Ok, well my point is that articles like this are pointless and corrosive to the validity of the Raps franchise. I am tired of media outlets constantly scrutinizing our team. Barkley says this, Fox says that, what good do these articles do? I like to focuse on positive things and could care less about nay sayers. This is Raptor Republic, we all know who Amir is, so why are we so worried about what fox news' opinion is?
                  Let me get this straight, you are saying that you basically do not want any media coverage for Toronto Raptors. You do not want to hear any expert's opinion or analysis of the team's performance. All you like to hear is a Cheer leading news from media raving about how Great T.O. is and how much Potential it has and ...

                  I guess that is one way to go about it.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Some people here have enough trouble keeping the Raptors in perspective - if we disregard all of the outside criticism it's just going to get crazier.

                    And if you like focusing on the positive, you can always make an argument against any negative articles that get posted here. This is a place to discuss all things Raptors - the good, the bad and the ugly.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                      Let me get this straight, you are saying that you basically do not want any media coverage for Toronto Raptors. You do not want to hear any expert's opinion or analysis of the team's performance. All you like to hear is a Cheer leading news from media raving about how Great T.O. is and how much Potential it has and ...

                      I guess that is one way to go about it.
                      I don't remember hearing about anybody ever praising the Raps. In fact, the complete opposite why do you think Toronto is viewed as a joke and we have never signed an all star free agent? Its because of negative media bias' that portray Toronto as a small bball hub in "Kanada." If we ever got a inkling of positive media attention from the "experts", then maybe we could sway better players to come up. Mess is right in that you are allowed to express the good, bad and ugly, but for this topic about why we signed Amir to such a big contract. Its because we literally can't sign anybody, so we have to overpay anybody who is decent and considering it. The fact that nobody understands this shows that we have already lost perspective. We aren't an NBA destination city, and I stand by my point that we on Rap republic need to cut out negativity when talking about our team.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Nick wrote: View Post
                        I don't remember hearing about anybody ever praising the Raps. In fact, the complete opposite why do you think Toronto is viewed as a joke and we have never signed an all star free agent? Its because of negative media bias' that portray Toronto as a small bball hub in "Kanada." If we ever got a inkling of positive media attention from the "experts", then maybe we could sway better players to come up. Mess is right in that you are allowed to express the good, bad and ugly, but for this topic about why we signed Amir to such a big contract. Its because we literally can't sign anybody, so we have to overpay anybody who is decent and considering it. The fact that nobody understands this shows that we have already lost perspective. We aren't an NBA destination city, and I stand by my point that we on Rap republic need to cut out negativity when talking about our team.
                        Except if it's on Bargnani, right? Oh my gosh don't get me started on Bargnani... Hehe
                        The Double Champ is here!
                        Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                        Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Nick wrote: View Post
                          I Its because we literally can't sign anybody, so we have to overpay anybody who is decent and considering it.
                          This is bad reason to over pay because if you over paying like this, you better be sure you are not planing to trade these guys since no one will take over those contracts.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Amir's contract isn't huge even if it's more than most expected. He can be *gasp* moved.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Amir's contract isn't huge even if it's more than most expected. He can be *gasp* moved.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Al Harrington is a career 18 and 6. What's your point?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X