Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Jordan Nixes Trade! (Larry Brown To Blame!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the failed trade shows us is that Jose Calderon's market value is a lot higher than we had assumed.

Comment

Is the deal really off? http://nbaprimetime.com/charlotte-bo...ade-dead/2851/

Comment

reebokforthree wrote: View Post
        That's just the original story saying that the deal may be off. It's not an indication the deal may be back on.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
          I am BC, I would package the 2 TPEs($14.5+2.7m) and some expiring contracts to NOH for Collison, Posey and Okafor
          are you fucked in the head ?

NOH isnt trading collison and okafor for and im quoting you hear :

2 TPEs($14.5+2.7m) and some expiring contracts to NOH for Collison, Posey and Okafor

they traded mo pete to the thunder and are now under the cap... who trades collsion for some expirings ??

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            What the failed trade shows us is that Jose Calderon's market value is a lot higher than we had assumed.
            Exactly my thinking. Personally, I'd be quite happy if the Raptors kept him, but they obviously have to get rid of one of the PGs. I just think they need Calderon's PG skills more than ever, now. If Calderon's contract weren't so big, I don't think he would have been moved (or at least attempted to be moved) in the first place.

I do think it's funny how many people bashed Jose only to have it revealed that one of the best coaches in the game wanted him. He's much better than many give him credit for.

Anyway, can anyone really blame Jordan (or Brown) for backing out? Diaw and Chandler certainly are a lot to give away for Calderon, especially with his contract, no matter how talented he is.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              True that, I guess we have a while to wait and see what the next move is but I guess its safe to assume Calderon will not be a Raptor come Training Camp. But I give BC all the credit for trying to move what we assumed to be hefty contracts, if Calderon does come to camp we would be spending way to much IMO on a backup PG.

Comment

my dream of seeing an all-white raps lineup lives on for yet another day..

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                  Chandler would be the defensive kneed C we've all been looking for the past 15 seasons... None of our guys you mentioned is a C aside from Alabi, and for all we know he could be the next Garth Joseph.
                  What about Bargs? He's finally starting to recognize that its not all about offense, and he's taken huge strides. He's long and big, and is quick enough to stay with any C in the league, just commits bad fouls. He's still relatively young in terms of knowing the NBA game, so I would rather him over an constantly injured Chandler anyday.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                    What about Bargs? He's finally starting to recognize that its not all about offense, and he's taken huge strides. He's long and big, and is quick enough to stay with any C in the league, just commits bad fouls. He's still relatively young in terms of knowing the NBA game, so I would rather him over an constantly injured Chandler anyday.
                    ummm i dont know maybe cuz he doesnt get rebounds ?
                    Last edited by vinnie_paz; Tue Jul 13, 2010, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Oh well, alabi just has to be rdy quickly

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                        Oh well, alabi just has to be rdy quickly
                        If by quickly you mean 2-3-4 years then yeah for sure lol

Comment

Chandler traded to Dallas:

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/18457897982

fuck.

Comment

@WojYahooNBA Charlotte has traded Tyson Chandler and Alex Ajinca to Dallas for Dampier, Matt Carroll & Najera.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                              Chandler traded to Dallas:

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/18457897982

fuck.
                              It is good Deal for Both parties. Dallas will get a big man for a year and see if he can stay healthy.

CHA just got rid of ton of Salary.

At the end, I guess moving Jose is NOT as easy as BC and many fans here thought. This is a side effect of over paying based on perceived potential.

Comment

Damn. Brown should love Najera, will MJ waive Damp and resign? Or keep him at $13M? Brown likes this better?
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X