Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOH Is Not Trading Collison For Jose And Some Scrubs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, this idea of NOH taking on Calderon is pretty dumb.

Here, IMO, is how the Raptors get Collison:

Calderon to Portland for Pryzbilla/Bayless/cash to cover trade kicker.

Next, NOH gets:

Bayless/Evans/Bellinilli/Pryzbilla

FOR

Okafor/Collison

Probably not enough to convince NOH, so:

TPE/Heat 1st Round pick for Stojakovic

With this, NOH save $14million this year, rid Okafor's contract (if they really want it gone), obtain young talent in Bellinilli and Bayless, and have $13 million in expiring contracts.

Peja will be injured

PG: Collison/JJ/Banks
    SG: DeRozan/Barbosa
    SF: Weems/Kleiza/Peja
    PF: Bargs/Davis/Dorsey
    C: Okafor/Johnson/Alabi

Peja and Banks give $19 million in expiring contracts to resign Weems (or maybe part of MLE?), get a 3rd string PG, sign 2011 1st round draft pick, and make a huge offer to Marc Gasol.

Worry about getting out from Okafor later

Or possibly work a deal where Raps only take back Peja/DC and keep Pryzbilla for 1 year and NOH keep Okafor.

Why would Portland do this?

They need a PG who can hit the 3. Bayless/Miller/Fernandez are not working out in Portland with McMillan. Also, Portland could probably also send a combination of Miller/Fernandez/another player to Detroit (who need a PG) for Tayshaun Prince or to Indiana (who need a PG) for Troy Murphy or Charlotte (LOL - who need a PG) for Diaw.

Anyways, not too concerned about the other teams. I think this would work for Raps and does not include, "Why don't we just trade Evans/Banks/Calderon for the greatest PG on earth (when healthy)?"

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Yeah, this idea of NOH taking on Calderon is pretty dumb.

Here, IMO, is how the Raptors get Collison:

Calderon to Portland for Pryzbilla/Bayless/cash to cover trade kicker.

Next, NOH gets:

Bayless/Evans/Bellinilli/Pryzbilla

FOR

Okafor/Collison

Probably not enough to convince NOH, so:

TPE/Heat 1st Round pick for Stojakovic

With this, NOH save $14million this year, rid Okafor's contract (if they really want it gone), obtain young talent in Bellinilli and Bayless, and have $13 million in expiring contracts.

Peja will be injured

PG: Collison/JJ/Banks
      SG: DeRozan/Barbosa
      SF: Weems/Kleiza/Peja
      PF: Bargs/Davis/Dorsey
      C: Okafor/Johnson/Alabi

Peja and Banks give $19 million in expiring contracts to resign Weems (or maybe part of MLE?), get a 3rd string PG, sign 2011 1st round draft pick, and make a huge offer to Marc Gasol.

Worry about getting out from Okafor later

Or possibly work a deal where Raps only take back Peja/DC and keep Pryzbilla for 1 year and NOH keep Okafor.

Why would Portland do this?

They need a PG who can hit the 3. Bayless/Miller/Fernandez are not working out in Portland with McMillan. Also, Portland could probably also send a combination of Miller/Fernandez/another player to Detroit (who need a PG) for Tayshaun Prince or to Indiana (who need a PG) for Troy Murphy or Charlotte (LOL - who need a PG) for Diaw.

Anyways, not too concerned about the other teams. I think this would work for Raps and does not include, "Why don't we just trade Evans/Banks/Calderon for the greatest PG on earth (when healthy)?"
      Please send your resume to MLSE - this is EXACTLY the kind of thinking that we need !

Amazing post.

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
        Please send your resume to MLSE - this is EXACTLY the kind of thinking that we need !

Amazing post.
        why not just trade jose to detroit if they need a PG. i wouldnt mind Prince, if hes healthy hes a great defender.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2c6gonf

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
          why not just trade jose to detroit if they need a PG. i wouldnt mind Prince, if hes healthy hes a great defender.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2c6gonf

The point of this thread and the point of my post is to obtain Collison. Jarrett Jack is a great backup point guard. Collison is a young point guard with unreal upside who has 3 years on a rookie deal the could be kept as he would be a restricted free agent.

Why would we pay Prince $11 million dollars after shelling out for Kleiza and having Weems?

Comment

ya its alot for prince but we were going to take on diaw's contract which is like 8mil or somthing & i peronaly think that Prince when healthy is far better then Diaw. besides Prince's contract is up at the end of this season soooo.& Weems is a SG.we could use the TPE on Rip Hamilton aswell.... anyways it wont happen. id rather see BC find another suiter for Jose then Bobcats. i would have done the deal with chandler but not without him. Diaw isnt worth it alone & i dont see Charlotte giving up anyone else other then DL players.

Comment

I've said this numerous times, I would love to see Okefor on the Raps. It's the kind of player we are looking for, a rebounder, a defender and a centre. I don't care about Collison at all... it would be nice though.

Jose being included in any deal with N.O. is ridiculous! They already have Paul and a cheap great back-up. If they are trying to get rid of Okefor's large contract because of they are selling the team, use our trade exception or give expiring contracts and draft picks. To think we would be able to draft a sure fire talent like Okefor is slim, seeing as centre is one of the hardest positions to obtain.

TPE plus 1st rounder and maybe a young talent.

PLUS I HATE JORDAN FOR BACKING OUT OF THE CHANDLER DEAL!

Comment

Raptor Cowboy, still waiting for you to educate me on why this makes sense for NOH... Plus you made some comments about Okafor that I need some clarification on...

haha

Comment

Working...
                X